Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Exploiter the "first" Orb

Kontrollo

Note: Mild spoilers about Fortuna.

I've been thinking about it a little more, and I'd say Exploiter should simply come before Profit Taker. That is, from the standpoint of someone who is new to Fortuna.

• The fight is a lot simpler and easier.
  • I had some fun, but it's anticlimactic in a way. Profit Taker has higher stakes.
  • Profit Taker is inactive and perched on top of the lab. Not really a threat until you reach the heist stage.

While I don't know how you plan on making this a regular occurrence after this event, here's probably what would need to be done:

• From a lore standpoint, the two are mostly disconnected anyway.
    • Maybe drop a hint or two when talking to Eudico or Zuud.
    • Eudico could randomly give the Fracture lesson.

• Maybe spawn a single Fracture + a canister outside of the event to ease people into it. Random occurrence.

• Move Hildryn's Blueprint to Solaris United.

• Maybe tweak the rewards a little, but that's probably not even necessary.

Maybe some other things to consider? I might add some later.

Edited by Kontrollo
might've been really unlucky with those Atmo drops. Still, those parts would be nice for later progression.
  • Like 1

I can’t see Exploiter being the first boss because Profit Taker, dies fast. The difference in length for the fight is like comparing the Sergeant (Profit Taker) to the Raptor (Exploiter). The reason is primaries, and secondaries are allowed to damage the Spider and when you combine Frames like Chroma or Mirage, yeah you can see the issue there for the boss. The only issue about Profit Taker is it’s locked behind Old Mate in SU so newer Players can’t contribute through that fight (even though Profit Taker takes less time to kill). If she was more like Exploiter when it comes to time to kill, i can see Profit Taker being the second boss.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

The no rank 5 requirement for the Exploiter does break the lore a bit ...

Not sure how it would. But I got max rank with Solaris United some months ago, so maybe I just forgot some important dialogue.

3 hours ago, GPrime96 said:

I can’t see Exploiter being the first boss because Profit Taker, dies fast. ...

That's only if you're decked out with everything, though, and bring a dedicated build. I haven't really bothered with a min-maxed loadout, just put as many elementals as I could pack on some weapons + my Eidolon Oberon build. Takes a while when I attempt to solo it.

I haven't tried to farm it though, just did it a few times on occasion.

Also, clearly the solution to the problem is to introduce some unskippable lengthy cut scenes to that particular fight. 😉

Edited by Kontrollo
better

2 hours ago, Kontrollo said:

Not sure how it would. But I got max rank with Solaris United some months ago, so maybe I just forgot some important dialogue.

It’s because new players can just “skip” it. In the Profit Taker trailer The Bussiness said “We’re going to try to take down an Orb Mother” Profit Taker is technically the first orb that has been defeated by the Tenno and for players that is not Old Mate they are basically skipping the first fight hence disrupting the lore for them.

• Like 1