Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overwhelmed returning player

Deiske

Question

I'm a returning player with about 900 hours put in. I stopped playing around the time primed mods came out. I see now we have a free roam area, new mod types, archwings are still a thing, and raids.

I feel completely overwhelmed by content that I don't know how to progress at this point. Is it possible for someone to help me or put me in the right direction? What's the purpose of the free roam place anyway?

7 answers to this question

23 minutes ago, Deiske said:

I'm a returning player with about 900 hours put in. I stopped playing around the time primed mods came out. I see now we have a free roam area, new mod types, archwings are still a thing, and raids.

I feel completely overwhelmed by content that I don't know how to progress at this point. Is it possible for someone to help me or put me in the right direction? What's the purpose of the free roam place anyway?

Do what you feel like doing. That's the most important thing. Explore. Follow your urges. 

There are many directions you can go in. Unfortunately, it's really just more grind. New levels = new devils. 

The open world places are where a lot of the premium resources are moving. Starchart missions are slowly becoming obsolete. Once Warframe: Age of Empyrean begins towards the end of this year, the Starchart is going to undergo a big transformation. 

Not really sure what else to say. It's just like when you first started playing. There's so much to do in this game and there really isn't a clear place to start. I mean, I guess the first thing I'd say is work on completing all the mainline quests and get to work on upgrading your operator so you can go do Eidolon hunts. And while you're at it, try to start ranking up the Solaris United syndicate in Fortuna. That way you can get access to some really cool modular guns, atmospheric archweapon deployers, and the Corpus Orb strikes. 

Oh, and of course, try to keep up with Nightwave. That's probably the best way to get back the groove. Nightwave is the new battle pass type system. It's the only way to gain alert-type rewards now. It's precisely meant to have help navigate players in their journey. Nightwave runs on a 10 week cycle, and all the battle pass creds you earn during that season must be spent on offerings before that season ends. It's basically Fornite battle royale battle pass in Warframe, except it's free and it runs on a much faster cycle than Fortnite. 

26 minutes ago, Deiske said:

I see now we have a free roam area

Could you be more precise on this "free roam area" ??

The content released while you didn't play is a LOT...   joining a clan would probably be the best way to restart playing after such a long time.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Deiske said:

Sadly raid is gone they replaced it with Tridolon, because there are too many bugs.

3 hours ago, Deiske said:

If you need a clan you can join mine, we'll be happy to help you get back on track! 

Finish most new quests. Farm prime part or set for plat if need. Learn everything new like eidolon hunt or eso. And so like that 

Maybe have to get better weapons, would say arca plasmor and staticor. There are alot to say tho. But those are what i would recommend

There are alot to do for u. But start with 1 thing n finish it. Then start with another . It's all about working yes but No rush needed.