Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Non-prime weapon skin for prime weapons

Teletric

Just like how you can change a Prime Warframe's skin to its non-Prime version, I think it would be nice if we could do the same with Prime weapons (including exalted), and other types that have a different appearance like Vandal or Wraith ones. It's a very simple concept that could open new doors for fashion frame.

• Like 6

YES I AGREE WITH THIS 100%. There are prime weapons that are so ugly and I just want to put the original skin on e.g. stratevar prime and oberon prime.

P.S. frost & mag prime needs a visual rework, there is no point in putting the normal frost skin on the prime.

This would be quite nice. I like how many of the normal weapons look better than their prime versions.

This also need to be possible with Mesa Prime. You can change to normal Mesa's skin, but the Regulator pistols are always the prime variant, so they don't fit right.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I was just about to make this same post, but searched a bit first to be safe.

To summarize my opinion on the subject, please add this feature. I understand that there may be a fair bit of effort involved in the process, but I would greatly appreciate it.

Many weapons do not have skins that would allow you to force the non-prime appearance onto the prime varient. Also, many of the skins that do allow this have their own downsides. Putting in a system like that which was added with Prime Warframes would be a global solution and put all weapons on the same ground here.

There may not be a lot of public outcry for this feature, but I feel it would be appreciated by quite a few people who didn't know they wanted it. I'd love to use my nonprime "KiloGram" again. <3