Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The entire Buried debts event becomes worse when you realize that you're only supposed to collect one thermia at a time.

Snydrex

i imagine that if anyone here is like me, we've fought the Exploiter orb dozens and dozens of times.

Likely, when the event began, we gathered thermia (and thanks to DE's generosity) We collected two or four, if you had a resource booster, Per set of fractures sealed. This meant, of course, that using the thermia, one player could fight the orb four times after one grind. The process, as everyone said at the time, to get your two thermia was boring, slow, and more of a time waster.

Despite this, one run to get two, or four, isn't that bad. But... what if it wasn't like that?

This event will return in the future, as was said by DE. And any future players will be introduced to the one thermia per painful wait/grind plus burps.

Imagine if DE didn't give us the resource boosts at the start. Imagine waiting around for one time-wasting thermia, and then using said thermia right after to fight an equally time-wasting boss. I mean, I like the exploiter orb battle, but we can all agree that the amount of time taken to kill it can't be controlled easily.

Thankfully, as the 'burps' were mentioned, DE is taking steps to hasten the thermia gathering process, and shorten the time we spend waiting around, which is good, but personally, I don't feel that such a change is enough. At all. It could just be me, but the way this event was introduced felt like the only way it could be saved was WITH the resource boosters given to all at the start.

Of course,DE extended the event, and told us that they would be changing how the event worked when it would nearly be over by then, AFTER the opportunity for more boosted amounts of thermia was wasted.

I don't want to sound entitled, and I don't want to imply that DE is the devil, I'd actually attribute this to a lack of foresight/ player satisfaction. But on that note, I'd like to know if anyone would believe another 2x resource (or something similar) next time this event comes round, and perhaps tweak exploiter to die faster, would be fair, as I do; Or if not, what could they do to prevent such a thing in the future?

TL;DR: DE should allow more then one thermia to be obtained naturally during any future releases of this event, and implicate more changes then just thermia 'burps' to speed up both the boss fight, and the thermia gathering. Not just the gathering, but the whole process, boss included, takes too long for me.

• Like 3

Frankly, whenever the event does return, I hope they'll just skip the whole "thermia" aspect of it and just let us attempt the boss straight away. This whole mechanic of having to earn "keys" to even attempt a boss who's then going to have a low-ish percentage chance to drop what you want is asinine and something I was hoping DE had stopped doing. As part of a unique event, sure. Fair's fair. But as a recurring thing? Meh. It's just a grind to get to the grind.

• Like 4

Well i kinda like the idea that recurring events could give a local resource booster like Orb Vallis does during this event. thinking of plague star doing the same for the plains when its up. Maybe have the smaller events like the ghouls, and fomodian/razorback also give some local bonus to the most affected area, even if its just an increased chance for related assassin "boss" to appear to give a bit more flavor to the events when they show up.

On 2019-03-25 at 8:52 PM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

they plan on making it more rewarding. Don’t blame you for not noticing the thread as the title doesn’t Elude to anything relating to “Fractures suck and we’re gonna fix that”.

Ah, I did mention this in my post, if you read it through.

I simply think that unless the process is nigh rocket-fast, simply adding these won't be enough, for the reasons I spoke of.

• Like 2