Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About the recent Nightwave Elite Weekly that was replaced

(XBOX)Erudite Prime

As we all know, DE replaced "Complete 40 Waves of Defense with a friend of clan-mate" with killing 150 enemies. While this change obviously was good in the short run, I think it wasn't done properly. The new challenge was just way too easy. What DE should have done, was made the challenge simply "Complete 40 waves of Defense." Remove the arbitrary clan/friend requirement, and just leave the actual challenge alone. 40 Waves isn't even that hard, but it still is a bit of a challenge for lower rank players. For something that's supposed to be an Elite weekly, I think it's a perfect level of difficulty. The only thing people didn't like was the weird buddy requirement, which wasn't even an issue at all because you could just add anyone in recruiting chat. 

In the future, I'd like DE to keep the challenges of doing 40 waves, 60 minutes, or whatever in endless missions. They have just the right difficulty for what I'd expect in Warframe. While the game is far from hard, I simply felt like we were patronized when the challenge was replaced by something so trivial. Keep the challenges, just drop the friend/clan requirements.

Thank you for listening to my TED talk.

Edited by (XB1)Erudite God
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite God said:

As we all know, DE replaced "Complete 40 Waves of Defense with a friend of clan-mate" with killing 150 enemies.

They still didn't do it.

It always was an UI bug...

I had this challenge almost done yesterday...5hrs before the "fix" or "change" you call it

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite God said:

I'm not sure what you're talking about. The challenge was there, then it wasn't, and a new challenge was in its place.

I am saying that there never was a defense mission. Just the UI saying it was. I was on my last mission for the day (about 5pm UTC; hotfix came at 10pm UTC) and I had 30/150 Eximus killed. It wasn't in the NW screen though. 

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

20 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite God said:

What DE should have done, was made the challenge simply "Complete 40 waves of Defense."

Wasn't a friends issue, there was literally mission that would not count so they get to change it all together.

The issue wasn't the "with friend or clanmate" the issue was that the challenge wasn't updating in the Nightwave interface as complete, so they switched it out with "kill 100 Eximus", one we all know works because we've done it already.

as to 40 Wave or 60 Minute challenges, I like them but, they should be broken down into increments for people who lack stable enough connections or sturdy enough systems to accomplish.  Endurance players would still be rewarded by doing it all in one sitting, and other players would be able to do the same challenge at their own pace and within other limitations out of their control. 

3 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

The issue wasn't the "with friend or clanmate" the issue was that the challenge wasn't updating in the Nightwave interface as complete, so they switched it out with "kill 100 Eximus", one we all know works because we've done it already.

I wasn't aware of this, thank you for explaining.