Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Damage - A new way of making Status Amps comparable to Crit. Amps

DarkRuler2500

Greetings Tenno,

as of today the current META in Plains of Eidolon is more of less using high-crit, high damage-per-shot amps together with Madurai or Unairu focus when attempting to do the so-called "Tridolons" (Eidolon Teralyst, Eidolon Gantulyst and Eidolon Hydrolyst) in a new as many times as possible. Why? Because the crit can be amplified by external means (e.g. shooting through Volt's Shields), the damage can be buffed by Madurai's and Unairu's passive much more effectively than on a fully-auto amp.

And last: The status effect of Void Damage is ridiculously weak. The bullet magnet does redirect shots at its center but it does not provide a damage bonus such as Mag's Magnetize. Additionally it can be even counter-productive as it can direct shots away from the areas that you want to hit (e.g. Synovias) during the Eidolon's vulnerability phase.

My idea: Change the Void Damage status type into a Renders the enemy hit vulnerable to all kinds of damage briefly!

If it came down to numbers if would propose a 25% increase per status application for 3s. Each time the status is reapplied it should refresh and get a higher stack up to 100%. Considering the low overall damage of the status amps and their unlikeliness to score a critical hit this should be fine.

That way a status amp (e.g. Lega Prism flamethrower) could be utilized to exploit more weaknesses of the Eidolon. It would not be a damage-dealer amp but instead a supportive amp! I would love to see a bit more diversity in Tridolon'ing as right now Shraksun Scaffold and Certus Brace is dominating the amp "meta".

P.S.
In case you are interested how i came to this idea. Void Damage effectively shreds Sentients' build-up resistances.
So why not making the Void Damage a type that can exploit weaknesses in defense systems?

Edited by DarkRuler2500
  • Like 4

Hmmm. like a temporary change to the elemental/physical resistances of health types, or just a general damage amp? The former would be really interesting, but also would be a bit of a huge mess with double-dipping on armored enemy multipliers. Perhaps if it only applied to the "armor" on these enemies, it would avoid the double dipping problem but become pretty helpful for allowing a lot of other damage types to deal with armor effectively.

Still, some kind of general damage amp would be a lot more useful than another bullet magnetize.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb (PS4)Onder6099:

Eidolon’s Shields are immune to Elemental Damages and their Status effects, tested with Virtuos Forge and Surge.  

But Void Damage is considered neither elemental nor physical.
Its a special kind of damage specifically designed to deal with Sentients so I guess an exception could be made.

Also I want to bring forth an idea presented by a fellow player from my friend list:
He believed that general +100% dmg might be too much. Instead he was thinking that shooting a being with it, should create a vulnerable zone similar to Banshee's Sonar instead.

What do you think?

vor 7 Stunden schrieb OvisCaedo:

Hmmm. like a temporary change to the elemental/physical resistances of health types, or just a general damage amp?

Its neither decreasing nor increasing the resistances.
Its similar to a raw damage increase like with Banshee's Sonar, Nova's Molecular Prime or Rhino's Roar.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Gamma745:

I like this idea as well. It could also help the Amps to be used on regular missions as well.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Ragingwasabi:

absolutely great idea!

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Genitive:

I like this idea, it would make amps much more useful.

Thanks alot for the positive feedback.
I was not so sure at first but that gives me a good vibe. 🙂

36 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

But Void Damage is considered neither elemental nor physical.
Its a special kind of damage specifically designed to deal with Sentients so I guess an exception could be made.

Also I want to bring forth an idea presented by a fellow player from my friend list:
He believed that general +100% dmg might be too much. Instead he was thinking that shooting a being with it, should create a vulnerable zone similar to Banshee's Sonar instead.

What do you think?

We don’t know DE future plans with Operators, maybe New War will be a next open space for Operators only, than I see the reason to implement your and your friend ideas,  but for present content I rather will use Banshee or Helios with Detect vulnerability. For me is more pity, that players made a huge effort to unlock Focus trees, but we barely use 20% of those “Abilities”. Amps are imho in good condition, atm: 1 shoot Shields, sometimes together with Limb, changing Profit Shield weakness and dealing Dmg when Fortuna Arcane match with Profit vulnerability, 1shoot Arbitration drone etc. We see that DE isn’t ignoring this part of game, so give them a time and we will see.

vor 12 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Onder6099:

but for present content I rather will use Banshee or Helios with Detect vulnerability.

However that will a) not work on Eidolons and b) it will benefit the crits more than the status ones as well. Even more as the bullet attractor can even cause shots to miss the targeted area.

On 2019-03-29 at 5:36 PM, DarkRuler2500 said:

However that will a) not work on Eidolons and b) it will benefit the crits more than the status ones as well. Even more as the bullet attractor can even cause shots to miss the targeted area.

The additions looks nice, but I can’t find a reason they should be implemented, sorry. There is no specific content and majority of playerbase are playing with Operators what is necessary, if not less, only. Well, except you have that luck and you can make squad from friends to play missions with Operator only.

vor 40 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Onder6099:

There is no specific content and majority of playerbase are playing with Operators what is necessary, if not less, only.

Eidolon is specific content and my goal is to broaden the amps that can actually be used in that fight.
Right now there is only a limited few amps that are actually viable and I hope to make more usable with that rework.

31 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

Eidolon is specific content and my goal is to broaden the amps that can actually be used in that fight.
Right now there is only a limited few amps that are actually viable and I hope to make more usable with that rework.

Eidolon’s Amp is already set, it will probably lead to change 1 Meta to another 1. I ment something like Operator only missions where you can discover a potential of Operator  and use it, your additions included. Unfortunately, if DE will make something like Sortie or Nightwave mission for Operators, it will just rise another wave of complains.