Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wolf Targeting Newbies

Same

If you are lvling weapons and warframes, Assassins are more likely to go after you, and that includes the Wolf.
I've heard from an MR 3 that the Wolf has killed her. That means, if you are an MR 0 and play enough, you could get to Mars and potentially encounter the Wolf. This is not a good thing, as it will chase off new players.

Instead, have Assassins have a higher chance to appear depending on your MR. Let's say, it starts at MR 10. Each MR after MR 10 would give a higher chance for Stalker, the Wolf, Zanuka, G3 and all that to show up. This stops Assassin-type random chance bosses from bullying those precious new bloods, and makes your veterans happier.

It doesn't really make sense that an assassin would go after a weaker target no one has really heard about, but it would make sense that an assassin would want to take out the tougher person who's been wrecking things for longer, and made a name for themselves.

22 minutes ago, Same said:

If you are lvling weapons and warframes, Assassins are more likely to go after you, and that includes the Wolf.
I've heard from an MR 3 that the Wolf has killed her. That means, if you are an MR 0 and play enough, you could get to Mars and potentially encounter the Wolf. This is not a good thing, as it will chase off new players.

Instead, have Assassins have a higher chance to appear depending on your MR. Let's say, it starts at MR 10. Each MR after MR 10 would give a higher chance for Stalker, the Wolf, Zanuka, G3 and all that to show up. This stops Assassin-type random chance bosses from bullying those precious new bloods, and makes your veterans happier.

It doesn't really make sense that an assassin would go after a weaker target no one has really heard about, but it would make sense that an assassin would want to take out the tougher person who's been wrecking things for longer, and made a name for themselves.

It actually doesn't work like that, just people who are really unfortunate to the point where it seems like they target you when you're weaker

13 minutes ago, Whitestrake0 said:

It actually doesn't work like that, just people who are really unfortunate to the point where it seems like they target you when you're weaker

Alright, so even if assassins aren't more likely to target you when you are lvling stuff, the Wolf specifically is still spawning for people who are very low MR and just starting the game.
I don't think an assassin going after a newbie in the game is a good idea, and that is the main point of my post.

1 hour ago, Same said:

This is not a good thing, as it will chase off new players.

What are you basing this on?

FWIW, from my personal experience / nostalgia (lol) for my first few steps in Warframe back then,
encountering the Stalker and having him wreck my :poop:, or fleeing from that dang New Loka Death Squad, was really different and interesting.

It's not like you *need* to defeat the Wolf or anything, but taking that opportunity away from low-MR players, now that seems wrong to me.

And not least, for the Stalker specifically - since you can easily reach The Second Dream before MR10,
it'd be nonsense to deny most players encounters with the Stalker before that, because [spoiler reasons].

Edited by NinjaZeku

1 hour ago, Whitestrake0 said:

Pretty sure it was established a while back that an assassin is 'more likely' to come after someone with a low conclave score which is based off the level of your weapons/mods etc. 

My own experience (over 3 years playing) is they're far more common when I'm levelling weapons than not.

Having said that, since we've had wolf the spawn rate of assassins has notably increased but in my cases not of the assassin I actually want/need to see, ie wolfie.

16 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

What are you basing this on?

FWIW, from my personal experience / nostalgia (lol) for my first few steps in Warframe back then,
encountering the Stalker and having him wreck my :poop:, or fleeing from that dang New Loka Death Squad, was really different and interesting.

It's not like you *need* to defeat the Wolf or anything, but taking that opportunity away from low-MR players, now that seems wrong to me.

And not least, for the Stalker specifically - since you can easily reach The Second Dream before MR10,
it'd be nonsense to deny most players encounters with the Stalker before that, because [spoiler reasons].

1 hour ago, Same said:

Instead, have Assassins have a higher chance to appear depending on your MR. Let's say, it starts at MR 10. Each MR after MR 10 would give a higher chance for Stalker, the Wolf, Zanuka, G3 and all that to show up.

I did not say stop the spawns entirely. I'm simply asking that it scale based on MR, so that way it's rarer for newbies. Having no real grip on the game, then some random NPC spawns and one shots you isn't ideal. It can make newbies afraid to play, and can cause anxiety, especially about playing alone or without a high lvl there to protect you.

I think this is a good idea. At any rate, the wolf spawning and targeting the player needs some explanation for noobs. 

I also think when he spawns should be changed. He should only spawn when the player is up for Extraction. So, the game could mark the mission as having a Wolf and when you get to the extraction phase the wolf will spawn. 

This gives players who want to fight he wolf the opportunity to do so, and players who want to run can have a fun race like hell out of the mission. 

What is not fun is if you are new player and this uber enemy spawns in your game with you having no control, and you fail the mission. The Wolf spawn, and changes made to the Wolf seem to be aimed primarily at veteran players who have extremely powerful weapons and forma'd builds etc.

I think more consideration needs to be given to the newer, low-level players as well. 

From my experience encountering the wolf, I believe that the wolf's spawn rate is based on average gear rank (the weaker you are the more likely he will spawn) and this affects every other assassin's too (Zanuka, G3, Stalker).

I suggest the more powerful you are the higher chance that an assassin will hunt you(like OP's suggestion). I mean it doesn't make sense that assassins tends to hunt weak targets, assassins love targeting high value and strong targets.

Edited by DrivaMain