Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blocking and Vote-kicking urgently needed

CombatNoodle

It seems to be increasingly common for players to join missions on PoE or Vallis and then just not help out. They will fly in circles, go mining, practice their K-drive... anything but making themselves useful. I'm now encountering this several times a day. I've even been matchmade with the same person over ten times in 2 days. This is completely out of control, and I'm fed up.

It's very surprising for such a large multiplayer game to not have implemented a way to vote kick people out of a group, and to block them from getting grouped with you in the matchmaker. I can't block them, kick them, nothing. All I can do is try to remember the names of hundreds of spoiled entitled brats (impossible task,) abort the mission and waste MY time every time I meet them. The reason this is happening so much is that these "players" know that there's no repercussions. We can't do anything to them, not even avoid them.

Time to implement a system to deal with this. It's years overdue. While this was always a minor problem on farming maps like hydron, places like poe and vallis have catapulted this problem to the front in a big way. This just can't be ignored any more. We need proper tools to deal with people.

The very bare minimum of what is required, is the ability to blacklist players from being matched with us.

Edited by CombatNoodle
typo

Solo mode master race

On topic:Problem with kicking votes is the possibility of exploit. Blacklisting sounds ok i guess. Honestly, a more friendly approach would be to make mining/fishing shared between teammates. That way people that go around doing other stuff not related to the current missions, is giving resources to everyone and is not a complete leech.

Edited by Lokime
Who knows, not me
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir_Carl said:

Git gud

Go to recruitment chat or join a clan

So your solution to the problems with the online game is to carry harder or stop playing online? Wow, you are a genius! It's rare that I see a reply that is so completely devoid of insight, while also being slightly insulting. Well done. Please keep the trolling to reddit and stop flooding a feedback forum with this sort of nonsense.

8 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

Did you try asking them to help out? 

Seriously? I'm honestly surprised anyone would ask this, thinking that this is the one thing I have not tried, and that it'll solve the problem.

I've spent 4 weeks asking them to help out. I've tried asking nicely, I've tried asking rudely. I've tried voodoo, and standing on my head. Of course I asked. This is the point. They are not interested. They have no S#&$s to give. They do not care. It's not something they do once and then stop doing when called out on it. Most of these people do it all day long. Over and over and over. When I quit a group with one of these people in it, 20 minutes later I find myself in a group with them again, and they are still doing the same thing. This is the internet. Surely you realise it's full of trolls, entitled children and lazy bums? They want all the rewards, for no effort, while watching netflix or fishing.

This is just one problem as well. There's a lot of abusive people out there, and trolls, and morons, and people who just want to watch the world burn. I got plenty of other reasons for wanting a block function. For example just a few days ago I was hunting teralysts, and at the exact moment we capture it, the host quits. Migration ensues. The three of us load back in to find that the game removed the host's lures, and thus screwed us out of the rewards. I guess you could say that "it may just be the most unlucky internet crash in history that happened at JUST the wrong time" but when I raced back to cetus to get a new teralyst bounty, who do you think the host of my new group is? Yea. Guess his internet got better real quick. I can't prove anything of course, but I think we all know what the odds are here. You got 8562 posts here. You been around for a while. Surely you can think of some people you met in game that you never, ever, ever under any circumstances want to be grouped with again.

If people on the internet were nice and listened to reason, games and websites wouldn't need kick / ignore / block / report as the standard toolkit.

We need the standard toolkit. This is the 5th most played game on steam and been around for years. How does this game not have a matchmaker block function yet?

Sorry.

I realise I'm coming off combative and abrasive here but I'm just so truly fed up with the people in public groups. When the two first suggestions imply at least in part to "stop playing the online game online" and the third reply is... well... call it a bit naive...?

I appreciate the replies, but the solution to problems with online matchmaking can't be solved by asking nicely. While I admit that not playing in public does indeed solve the problem... it's not exactly helpful.

So just to reiterate, this game desperately needs a matchmaking level block function.

44 minutes ago, CombatNoodle said:

Sorry.

I realise I'm coming off combative and abrasive here but I'm just so truly fed up with the people in public groups. When the two first suggestions imply at least in part to "stop playing the online game online" and the third reply is... well... call it a bit naive...?

I appreciate the replies, but the solution to problems with online matchmaking can't be solved by asking nicely. While I admit that not playing in public does indeed solve the problem... it's not exactly helpful.

So just to reiterate, this game desperately needs a matchmaking level block function.

My reply might appear to be a "troll" comment but thats just how it is. As for your responses, we understand your frustration, majority of older player have been there. It's especially frustrating trying to farm exp on hydron and everyone leaves at 5 waves. When there are people who afk on exp areas, keep in mind that they still increase enemy spawns. More enemies=more exp. 

Vote-kicking looks good in theory but it might result to innocent players getting kicked. How? Lets say you queued for a public matchmaking, Of course you'd understand if some players lower than MR8 arent contributing as they may be still trying to figure out mechanics or maybe they don't have archwing launchers and such. For higher MRs, you'd be pissed that they are not helping, However, I've seen plenty of people still grasping the open world stuff despite being MR10 or higher.

And then there are players who just forgot to set their matchmaking to solo. This is more common than you think. Mind you, some players still play this game on ancient machines and loading is a pain, so instead of going back and go through all the loading process, they will just stay. 

Now, whether they are intentionally "leeching" or not, nothing we can do about that. That's why you always bring an all-around build when queuing for pubs, specific builds are applicable to planned groups or in lower levels. 

If you really want to play this game to the fullest, I strongly suggest bringing friends, if that's not an option, join a clan. Smaller clans are better since you'd be assured that you can communicate with each other. Larger clans almost feels like region chat due to the amount of players and communicating is harder. If you don't want a clan for some reason, use recruitment chat. So its either take these advise or play solo.

You always take a risk when you go into a public mission and if you end up with leeches or not so useful team mates in general that is on you for using the public matchmaking. A Kicking system would be abused beyond belief by new players mad that that don't get any kills and people would lose all their rewards because of some salty players. No one deserves that and you need to accept the risks you take going into Public games and use recruiting chat or go solo.

Let's play devil's advocate and assume vote kick is too dangerous to put into the game. That still leaves the blacklist, which can't be abused like that. Other games have pulled off blacklists, in game reporting functions, etc. It's not really an insurmountable technical challenge.

I do have a clan and a few friends that play, on discord and all, but we are on different schedules and much of the time there's no one around to play with. Also with anxiety and depression, dealing with friends is not always what you want. Some silent coop with strangers is actually very satisfying. Solo is boring as hell and public matches are generally fine. I very rarely have a problem with anyone. I don't mind carrying if someone brings a weak set or a levelling frame and gear. I don't mind if someone is a bit slow on the parkour or can't aim for S#&$. I also understand and tolerate "S#&$ my cat threw up", "my mom walked in", and "GF wanted to talk about dinner." I just will not carry someone who is watching Mob Psycho 100 over on Crunchyroll or fishing for Norgs, while expecting me to carry them through a mission. I'm not being paid enough to babysit spoiled brats. Wait, I'm not being paid at all...

Yes. This is the risk you take when joining public, but my point is that it doesn't have to be. It shouldn't be. If we had even just one tool, it would be manageable. I could at least put some #$&(% on the list and go "Aaaahhh... I'll never run into THAT one again!" Once I find out that a player is an absolute toxic waste of air, that should be enough. I shouldn't have to quit out of groups 4 times in 60 minutes because the same damn guy keeps popping up in the matchmaker. I shouldn't have to realise someone is 2000 meters from that action and then go "wait... that name... is that the d-bag from four days ago?" We should have an automated system for this. We already got the ignore list. We just need it to apply to matchmaking as well.

This is the 5th most played game on steam. The combined total of user control tools we get is.... /ignore for chat messages. That's it. For an online game this size, that's ... pathetic.

you can't possibly start a vote kick system in the only two "FREE ROAM" maps.  first off there are millions of people playing and all with their own current goals and those two maps are the sole place people can go to farm certain resources and as much as your upset so are they because they may need parts from the fish and worked hard to get their bait and then they go into a FREE ROAM room cast it and people get mad or one person gets mad, AKA the host and causes a migration on them wasting all their bait, time and glitching the map so they have to leave and come back before anymore fish will appear. and that's just fishing, there is mining hunting and people there to unlock rivens or what ever else they want to do.   now when DE releases a new mission type in the free roam world you get a few days/weeks where that's what 99% of people are there to do and it spoiled you because as more and more people have done completed it/maxed out what they want from it reverts back to being anyone's guess to what people will be there for.   and not being rude here but most regular players have been done doing any missions in the Valis for weeks now and much longer for the plains.   your still needing it done and should at this point do as everyone said get friends or use the recruiting chat or chat in fortuna before going out there. I been playing long enough and have most of my goals finished so I never mind helping if you need a squad member to work on yours.  But I dont think there is such a thing as Trolls in free roam, they just aren't there for the same thing you are

I think the kick vote would be VERY bad. Imagine getting trolled by a clan of asshats that kick you immediately after capping a hydrolyst.. no thanks.

The blacklist I can completely get behind. It would be great if people can work out their differences, but, you know.. it's the internet. There are a small number of individuals that I would put on that list, but it would be amazing to have it just for those really special few.