Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alerts

Bring back alerts the new Saturn of six is an ok system but all it does is makes alert rewards to get idc about that it's not a replacement it should be like an add-on u wanna make it easier for peasants to get the stuff easier, sure. But its not a replacement to alerts. Alerts were completely random. Random lvl and mission types, which was perfect for lvling up it made it fun so please bring back alerts or something similar 

1 hour ago, DroopingPuppy said:

No way. That's why alert is history. The system that only no lifer can enjoy is simply outdated and flawed. We don't need it for good, ever.

You mean a system that served the game well for 6 years? Only people who have already ranked up most things and have all the auras think Nightwave is a good replacement. For me alerts where more than just the reward it broke up my own tasks that I had set, now I get a chores list I have to complete before I consider doing what I wanted in the game which is making me play less and less each week add to the fact they reset our progress and it just becomes a stressful waste of time instead of being fun.

Nightwave was more about limiting the progress of new players so we don't rank up to fast in my opinion it was never about creating meaningful content.

I was really enjoying the game up until they removed alerts and there was no good reason to do so either other than they wanted to slow us down.

They should of had them both side by side and if no one did alerts anymore then you remove them, but I bet plenty would.

Enjoy your Umbra.

Edited by TheSkunkyMonk

2 hours ago, (XB1)DeathBlade23456 said:

Excuse u there's no other fun way to lvl and max out gear doing the same thing over and over is boring as heck the complete randomness was the only exciting thing in warframe who cares about the dumb rewards anyway 

One of the points of Nightwave to to try and push you towards doing different things, not the same thing over and over.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb DroopingPuppy:

No way. That's why alert is history. The system that only no lifer can enjoy is simply outdated and flawed. We don't need it for good, ever.

Hey,

Im not sure how you think that only nolifers like these alerts. Im a nonregular Warframe player and I love them as a start for a 20 min game session or so. I think they are great for players who dont like every part of the game and are sometimes lacking inspiration what to play. Im also confused why it should be removed just because you dislike it? You can just not play it and let the ones that like this feature play it.

1 minute ago, Jan_Boyega said:

Hey,

Im not sure how you think that only nolifers like these alerts. Im a nonregular Warframe player and I love them as a start for a 20 min game session or so. I think they are great for players who dont like every part of the game and are sometimes lacking inspiration what to play. Im also confused why it should be removed just because you dislike it? You can just not play it and let the ones that like this feature play it.

Agreed, I found them a refreshing change of pace from whatever I was farming at the time. IMHO mixing cosmetic and performance content amongst Nora's "offerings" just means I will always prioritise a mod or potato (or saving my Wolf Creds for the following week) over a helmet (or Vauban), I think it would have been better to keep alerts (perhaps reducing the frequency) just for helmets and weapon skins (and perhaps Vauban too).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AndyBeans said:

I think it would have been better to keep alerts (perhaps reducing the frequency) just for helmets and weapon skins (and perhaps Vauban too).

Speaking as someone who waited months for the Vauban Prime neuroptics to appear, got sick of waiting, bought the prime for plat and completed the grind for the Oxium (right at the point Galatea got nerfed) and Cryotic and completed the build before I finally got the vanilla neuroptics I say no way!! I would have had had it in a week with Nightwave.

I think even DE will admit they got the balance wrong with NW round one but add in some resource rewards and spread the creds out over the tiers a bit more and NW is then infinitely better than the old alerts where RNG decides what you could and couldn't have.

3 hours ago, Jan_Boyega said:

Hey,

I mean 'enjoy' not as 'like', but more like 'utilize' or something similar.

And, it is terrible. They are only last for 1 hours, and 2 hours for reactor/catalyst. So in order to get the benefit of alert we need to stay 24 hours in a day. But in the reality, we are human that sleeps 8 hours, and usually works for around 8 hours, means we are not able to stay 2/3 of the time even if we are dedicate all the free time to Warframe.

But no, change this to give you something by spend the items bestowed on good standing means you can get the bonus HOW you play, rather than when you play. You are no longer forced to be fixed through your entire life in order to get the rare benefits such as rector, catalyst and Nitain. So the change is only improvement from the flawed mechanism.

If alret system is on the single-play game and you can't play the others when you pick one, it may an interesting thing. But from here you are need to be accessible to Warframe in 1 hours of real times if you want to play an alert. That's nonsense. Not even mobile games of recent era are do the folly, so alert needs to be scrapped.

Finally, still Nightmare, Kuva Siphon/Flood and Arbiteration missions are out there, so you still able to get the temporal missions nodes, eliminating your argument that random generated missions are needed.

6 hours ago, (XB1)DeathBlade23456 said:

Excuse u there's no other fun way to lvl and max out gear doing the same thing over and over is boring as heck the complete randomness was the only exciting thing in warframe who cares about the dumb rewards anyway 

Well, is it even make sense? First, you don't get the point. Complete randomness is not the nature of alert. Its nature is, you need to stay through your life in order to get the proper benefit. Just for random missions, Nightmare, Kuva Siphon/Flood and Arbiteration already serves this. Also daily Sortie.

Honestly I don't understand why both of them are connected in the first place.

On 2019-04-03 at 7:06 AM, Shalath said:

One of the points of Nightwave to to try and push you towards doing different things, not the same thing over and over.

Nightwave is challenges im not able to do most and it involves thinking about what mission to do that boring alerts were lazy and fun and a good easy way to lvl and get money 

On 2019-04-03 at 11:12 AM, DroopingPuppy said:

Well, is it even make sense? First, you don't get the point. Complete randomness is not the nature of alert. Its nature is, you need to stay through your life in order to get the proper benefit. Just for random missions, Nightmare, Kuva Siphon/Flood and Arbiteration already serves this. Also daily Sortie.

I don't care about the rewards its lazy randomness the lvl difficulty the area the type of mission all random so i was a fun way to lvl up gear but since u peasant keep whining they made nightwave which removed the fun for me and made it easier to get the alert rewards for u peasants which is disappointing 

Ni

On 2019-04-03 at 7:19 AM, Jan_Boyega said:

Hey,

Exactly 

On 2019-04-03 at 1:06 PM, Shalath said:

Because trying to force players to do things they don't want to do is great game design...

On 2019-04-03 at 11:12 AM, DroopingPuppy said:

Sept i don't care about the rewards 

On 2019-04-03 at 5:38 PM, TheSkunkyMonk said:

You mean a system that served the game well for 6 years? Only people who have already ranked up most things and have all the auras think Nightwave is a good replacement. For me alerts where more than just the reward it broke up my own tasks that I had set, now I get a chores list I have to complete before I consider doing what I wanted in the game which is making me play less and less each week add to the fact they reset our progress and it just becomes a stressful waste of time instead of being fun.

Nightwave was more about limiting the progress of new players so we don't rank up to fast in my opinion it was never about creating meaningful content.

I was really enjoying the game up until they removed alerts and there was no good reason to do so either other than they wanted to slow us down.

They should of had them both side by side and if no one did alerts anymore then you remove them, but I bet plenty would.

Enjoy your Umbra.

Ha, that's totally opposite, and far from the reality. Only people who have already have all the auras are not have a benefit by nightwave, actually, and the others are no longer need to await without any promise in order to get anything by alert.

For now, everyone can buy the aura by farm nightwave standing, and it doesn't requires them to online on specific time when the alert is on, don't need to await when does the random mission pops, and just need to spend some time WHEN you want and when you can spare.

Only who have enough time to await such a chance are acually benefit by unreasonable alert system, only who want to sell these to who doesn't already have it will argue against far reasonable system as well.

On 2019-04-08 at 11:32 PM, DroopingPuppy said:

Ha, that's totally opposite, and far from the reality. Only people who have already have all the auras are not have a benefit by nightwave, actually, and the others are no longer need to await without any promise in order to get anything by alert.

For now, everyone can buy the aura by farm nightwave standing, and it doesn't requires them to online on specific time when the alert is on, don't need to await when does the random mission pops, and just need to spend some time WHEN you want and when you can spare.

Only who have enough time to await such a chance are acually benefit by unreasonable alert system, only who want to sell these to who doesn't already have it will argue against far reasonable system as well.

Removing alerts is a bad idea nightwave is exclusively making the rewards of alerts easier to obtain however the system of how it works is a bad replacement alerts were random the level the area the mission type all randomized the rewards were kinda random but more like a routine if u missed your chance then you have to wait till it shows up again for nerds like me who give zero beeps about the rewards don't care we just like the system and how useful and fun it is. Nightwave: a replacement for alerts which the developers thought was a good idea all it does is remove the wait u can get your rewards at your own pace without having to wait 100 years for you nerds that want the rewards that's fine but the way in how you get it is terrible instead of random missions u now have challenges mini missions to do to get a score and eventually get the alert reward u want which is stupid there tedious they involve thought and u need everything to be able to do them in general. Nightwave isn't a bad idea but the missions to do are if anything it should be an add-on to alerts and like every alert you complete could add some score like 100 or 1000

1 minute ago, (XB1)DeathBlade23456 said:

Removing alerts is a bad idea nightwave is exclusively making the rewards of alerts easier to obtain however the system of how it works is a bad replacement alerts were random the level the area the mission type all randomized the rewards were kinda random but more like a routine if u missed your chance then you have to wait till it shows up again for nerds like me who give zero beeps about the rewards don't care we just like the system and how useful and fun it is. Nightwave: a replacement for alerts which the developers thought was a good idea all it does is remove the wait u can get your rewards at your own pace without having to wait 100 years for you nerds that want the rewards that's fine but the way in how you get it is terrible instead of random missions u now have challenges mini missions to do to get a score and eventually get the alert reward u want which is stupid there tedious they involve thought and u need everything to be able to do them in general. Nightwave isn't a bad idea but the missions to do are if anything it should be an add-on to alerts and like every alert you complete could add some score like 100 or 1000

Sorry, I don't get it at all, and I am not even able to understand what do you say and what do you actually want to say. So, what is the point, at first?

The point on alert is you have to dedicate your own life to Warframe in order to get an actual benefit, because we can't know when the actual benefit is given so we have to stick with the terminal unit all the times and need to wake up even if you are sleeping.

Random reward is already on the system - AABC drop table is already random.

Missions issued on alert is not random mission and we was able to know the type of the mission before we enters.

7 hours ago, DroopingPuppy said:

Sorry, I don't get it at all, and I am not even able to understand what do you say and what do you actually want to say. So, what is the point, at first?

The point on alert is you have to dedicate your own life to Warframe in order to get an actual benefit, because we can't know when the actual benefit is given so we have to stick with the terminal unit all the times and need to wake up even if you are sleeping.

Missions issued on alert is not random mission and we was able to know the type of the mission before we enters.

Then understand peasant i explained perfectly 

7 hours ago, DroopingPuppy said:

Basically nightwave idea is not a bad one but the missions or challenges are so not a good replacement for alerts it's better as an add-on u know what an add-on is dum dum

On 2019-04-03 at 12:01 AM, DroopingPuppy said:

From a business standpoint, those "no lifers" are the ones who make continued development possible via purchases of platinum and cosmetics

Edited by SpycrabSurprise

5 hours ago, (XB1)DeathBlade23456 said:

Basically nightwave idea is not a bad one but the missions or challenges are so not a good replacement for alerts it's better as an add-on u know what an add-on is dum dum

I am agreed on replacement is usually worse than the addition. But, alert is sucks and must be removed from the entire of the game history, as I said above.

5 hours ago, SpycrabSurprise said:

From a business standpoint, those "no lifers" are the ones who make continued development possible via purchases of platinum and cosmetics

And is it good to forcing them no lifer lifestyle, rather than simply keep them faithful, you mean?

Alert is bad because it forcing us to follow Warframe's randome schedule(if it exists, of course) in order to get the real advantage. It is a dumb idea even for the mobile games.