Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nikana ZAW, which is better and why?

ShadowZeroFlame

Question

So through reddit I've found out that (apperantly)the best Nikana Zaw is this (Sepfahn+Kwath+Vargeet Jai 2), which gives 27% Crit and 16% Status (which is like, balanced?)
But theres also this one (Sepfahn+Laka+Vargeet 2 Jai), which gives 34% Crit and 12% Status.
Which one is better to build/does it even matter?

14 answers to this question

Just now, ShadowZeroFlame said:

As far as I know Zaws are better because of Exodias or however they are called.

Meh... kinda lazy for that, as far as I know, balanced one is a good choice because I can build it both ways, but Crit one can really outperform Status again enemies with little to no armor (so basically most of Corpus and Infested), but I wonder when will it start to fall off, if crit one can still dispose of lvl 150 Heavy Gunners easily, then it doesn't really matter. The reason I even wondering about this is because for Kitguns it's ONLY crit, Like, Tombfinger, Rattlewhatever and Cathmoon are all build with full crits. So I've been wondering if Zaws are the same.

Zaws sadly are not the same as kitguns. Since the kit guns have built in Elemental effects. Most notably Radiation and heat as well as IPS damage, The Gaze to be specific is an absolute monster of a gun when you build it for crit/status hybrid and if you get a riven you can make it even more nuts.

16 minutes ago, ShadowZeroFlame said:

So through reddit I've found out that (apperantly)the best Nikana Zaw is this (Sepfahn+Kwath+Vargeet Jai 2), which gives 27% Crit and 16% Status (which is like, balanced?)
But theres also this one (Sepfahn+Laka+Vargeet 2 Jai), which gives 34% Crit and 12% Status.

It doesn't really matter at all. You can build both and call it a day.

Its my understanding (probably wrong) that as the enemy level goes it the game switches from crits being the best damage method to status ailments being the best.

So in terms of scaling.... The 27cc/16sc will very slightly out perform the 34cc/12sc as enemy levels go up.....

For pure endgame your suppose to do condition overload and max stat chance instead of crit-combo...   Is that the best part combo the katana can have for pure stat chance?? I went for best crit chance because I dont go above lv45 stuff.  Status wont matter on enemies lower than 45 so that other sword is worthless, even with a high enough hit streak and crit bonus your weapons base crit chance becomes irrelevant.   

So ask yourself where you want to be using the sword and then go from there.   Low level?  max crit.    combo-crit with a little bit of status which is probably a fail... that 27/16.  Endgame....condition overload build and max stat chance weapon.  

To be honest, you can build a Nikana that is good enouogh for early-mid game, and really shines in endgame. So-called "hybrid build" - crit chance from Blood Rush and Condition Overload with reasonable status, either via dual-stat mods, or combination of those with Weeping Wounds. Of course, you wont be able to fit everything in, so it's better for you to have riven with, for example, attack speed, combo duration and crit damage.

Or, indeed, you can just completely ignore crit chance, and go for maximum raw damage+status chance+condition overload.

But dont expect to break any records without absolutely minmaxed hybrid build.

1 hour ago, ShadowZeroFlame said:

This was my very First Zaw.... It was rubbish.

It depends on what melee mods you have.... do you have all the Crit mods ? 

Because im pretty sure whoever recommend you those builds did so using whatever mods they had.... probably all if them including Primed Fury and primed Pressure point.

1 minute ago, Lutesque said:

whoever recommend you those builds

through reddit I've found

I have most of mods that EVERYONE uses for their builds, I think I'm missing Primed Pressure Point, but nothing a Summer Relay on Tennocon can't fix.

1 minute ago, ShadowZeroFlame said:

I have most of mods that EVERYONE uses for their builds, I think I'm missing Primed Pressure Point, but nothing a Summer Relay on Tennocon can't fix.

Cool.... in that case Skiajati is better or Nikana Prime.... 😉

Seriously though I've built  3 Nikana Zaws they just couldnt out perform Skiajati for whatever reason.

Just now, Lutesque said:

Cool.... in that case Skiajati is better or Nikana Prime.... 😉

Seriously though I've built  3 Nikana Zaws they just couldnt out perform Skiajati for whatever reason.

As far as I know Zaws are better because of Exodias or however they are called.

2 minutes ago, TypeZeroTheNirvash said:

As I've said if you really can't decide on which one to go for my suggestion is build both mod them both and forma them both to fit two different styles of play.

Meh... kinda lazy for that, as far as I know, balanced one is a good choice because I can build it both ways, but Crit one can really outperform Status again enemies with little to no armor (so basically most of Corpus and Infested), but I wonder when will it start to fall off, if crit one can still dispose of lvl 150 Heavy Gunners easily, then it doesn't really matter. The reason I even wondering about this is because for Kitguns it's ONLY crit, Like, Tombfinger, Rattlewhatever and Cathmoon are all build with full crits. So I've been wondering if Zaws are the same.

4 minutes ago, TypeZeroTheNirvash said:

Zaws sadly are not the same as kitguns. Since the kit guns have built in Elemental effects. Most notably Radiation and heat as well as IPS damage, The Gaze to be specific is an absolute monster of a gun when you build it for crit/status hybrid and if you get a riven you can make it even more nuts.

Sad, then I guess I'll just build the one recommended as "the best" (which is the "balanced one" in here) and don't care, unless it really looks horrible and I'd have to swap a part or few to satisfy my fashionframe.

Edited by ShadowZeroFlame

8 minutes ago, ShadowZeroFlame said:

As far as I know Zaws are better because of Exodias or however they are called

Yes.... but only the Plaguestar Specific ones... The Regular Exodia arcanes that are easily available are inconsequential. They're not going to turn an okay Zaw into a FANTASTIC zaw....in the case of Nikana Zaws they're not going to do anything at all.

2 hours ago, ShadowZeroFlame said:

I can promise that you won't build the perfect zaw first time. Even if you do you'll end up building loads more before you figure out you got that lucky.

So... don't stress about it. Both are decent. I have a similar build that's one of my favourite zaws, but it's a hybrid build that relies on Naramon to keep the combo counter up and it really doesn't suite all situations.

Build whichever looks more fun to you right now, and don't stress about the minimax. The difference between these two setups is minimal enough that both will work in sorties, arbitrations, various endless modes, etc.

5 hours ago, TypeZeroTheNirvash said:

Agreed, I have a Ooltha Zaw with a riven and its a speed demon with the berzerker blood rush and my riven mod but my stance mod swooping falcon stinks. But the rattleguts Akstiletto kitgun I built for a riven mod is so powered up I don't even use my riven mod on it. It doesn't need it! Also used 2 forma, surprisingly built it all up in just a day to that extend forma included. (I got a free 6 hour affinity boost from daily bonus)

My kitgun is rattleguts, lovetap and sparkfire.