Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Radiation Damage

razor_eye

Question

So, what I want to discuss is about the problem of the Radiation damage.

This happened last month. Maybe only to me or could somebody did too. I usually bring Excalibur with Radiation-damaged Exalted Blade and also a Lanka with Radiation damage too. Now, everytime I encounter any Eximus regardless in a Sortie mission or not, I can't damage them. Whenever I hit them with Radiation, it will always deal 0. I tested all my weapons in Simulacrum. Radiation can't do a thing on any Eximus.

Is this natural or its a bug? Right now I can't show evidence because my laptop / PC broke. Neither I have a recorder.

Edited by -ONI-Genji

9 answers to this question

I just tested it in Simulacrum, seems like Venomous and Caustic eximus are immune to radiation damage, but for the others they aren't any problem, they aren't immune to Radiation damage

Edited by Unknown042
  • Like 1

some Enemy Types (more like Health Types) are naturally resistant to Radiation Damage. when those Enemies become Eximus, there are two possible modifiers to their EHP. one is to give them about triple the Base Health, the other is to slide their Resistances to all Damage Types by 50%. if an Enemy is 50% resistant to a Damage Type natively, an Eximus that ends up increasing Resistances, will be immune to Radiation Damage.

try on a larger mixture of Eximus Enemies, you'll find that only some of them may end up immune. only only Infested Ancient Eximus, or Charger/Runner/Leaper Eximus will ever be outright immune to the Damage Type on their own.

you can see more here:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage#Overview_Table

30 minutes ago, taiiat said:

if an Enemy is 50% resistant to a Damage Type natively, an Eximus that ends up increasing Resistances, will be immune to Radiation Damage.

So if I hit an Ancient Disruptor, which has Fossilized with Radiation damage, it will adapt some of the damage. But if the ancient is an Eximus, which possesses more protections, it's completely invulnerable?

It's easier than you think. Check the sortie before doing it. If they have "high resistance to elemental damage" then radiation will do 0 to some enemies. It happened to me with ignis too, just change to a heavy physical damage weapon because that's how that sortie level is planned to be played.

Yes some are immune to radiation, I think others are immune to toxin damage as well. That's why you take one corrosive weapon, a radiation weapon and then a slash weapon etc. So you can kill stuff that has annoying immunities. 

For exalted blade I usually play around with two types at once. Like toxin and radiation for corpus or cold and corrosive for grineer. 

Edited by hooperinius

15 hours ago, -ONI-Genji said:

So if I hit an Ancient Disruptor, which has Fossilized with Radiation damage, it will adapt some of the damage. But if the ancient is an Eximus, which possesses more protections, it's completely invulnerable?

it can be invulnerable, but won't always be.