Will be getting the chance to play in May 

As such I don't know anything about the whole nightwave thing 

I hear it has umbral forma as a reward 

Can someone explain to me 

How the wolf of Saturn six or nightwave works 

And how much have I missed 

4 answers to this question

http://wegaming.de/gnarls/#nightwave

As for the Wolf, he is an invading Event Boss like the Stalker, which has an increasing spawnrate over the course of the next 4 weeks. He can drop parts and Blueprint of his signature weapon but also trash mods like molten impact.

In 5 weeks there will be series 2 with a hard reset on earned credits and a new "theme"

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

wolf of saturn six is the first series of nightwave, every 10 weeks a new nightwave series will start, each week there will be new challenges to complete for standing (if you do all the challenges you get 43K standing per week), every 10K standing you'll reach a new tier. theres 30 reward tiers in the series. and after those 30 tiers you'll just gain additional credits. some of the tiers are credits for that nightwave series, which can be used to buy the items previously available in alerts (helmets, aura mods, vauban parts and nitain). a lot of the rewards in the current nightwave series (wolf of saturn six) will likely be added to the next one as well, outside of the cosmetics. which are exclusive to the current series of nightwave.

although. if you're starting in may, you wont be able to get the umbral forma this series. as it is at tier 29 and its practically impossible to get 290K standing within that timespan. 

You've missed quite a lot, to be honest.

the Nightwave is like a new alert system, the whole nightwave is an alert.

with series of mini quests you need to complete, each has their own score, the more you can, the more rewards you unlock.