Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban rework Ideas

Nopebot2000

My father had an idea that may work Vauban into relevancy without a complete rework. Make his second effect his three. Bounce pads in a Bastille push enemies away. Concuss stuns all in Bastille. Shred would take off armor for grineer and shields for corpus. Switch Trip laser and Tesla (making Tesla part of mine layer and trip laser the 1st ability) Tesla would do electric damage overtime, sometimes stunning... That will be all.
See Scott, not that hard is it?

Tesla and Minelayer will never be relevant, Bastille is better in every possible way than those two abilities and as a result they are in no way worth using energy on.

Trying to make them useful by gluing them to Bastille speaks volumes about how utterly useless they are.

2 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Tesla and Minelayer will never be relevant, Bastille is better in every possible way than those two abilities and as a result they are in no way worth using energy on.

Trying to make them useful by gluing them to Bastille speaks volumes about how utterly useless they are.

Well, if they allowed you to stick Teslaballs at stupid ranges liek 100 meters away (a bit like Hydroid 1 targeting) and it exploded in AoE pulses to repeatedly hurt everything in its AoE and stun them all with 100% shock proc would it finally be good?

Minelayer is pure clunk and annoying, so I am with you on this one,

Edited by Guest

Just now, Datam4ss said:

Well, if they allowed you to stick Teslaballs at stupid ranges liek 100 meters away (a bit like Hydroid 1 targeting) and it exploded in AoE pulses to repeatedly hurt everything in its AoE and stun them all with 100% shock proc would it finally be good?

If that is the kind of buff it would need to be even remotely good then why not just replace it with something that needs less work? I mean this would make it kinda like a Sapping Osprey grenade with a electric proc, but it would still be less effective than Bastille, especially when the Bastille augment is slotted in which converts it into area denial on top of the CC.

My primary issue with Tesla is that no matter how you use em, they are never worth the 1/3rd of a Bastille it takes to throw them, the stuns are less effective than an Excalibur Radial Blind for dealing with problems, this is likely why they are aiming for a total overhaul of Vauban honestly, because Bastille makes it hard to make abilities useful due to how overwhelmingly effective it is.

3 minutes ago, Aldain said:

If that is the kind of buff it would need to be even remotely good then why not just replace it with something that needs less work? I mean this would make it kinda like a Sapping Osprey grenade with a electric proc, but it would still be less effective than Bastille, especially when the Bastille augment is slotted in which converts it into area denial on top of the CC.

My primary issue with Tesla is that no matter how you use em, they are never worth the 1/3rd of a Bastille it takes to throw them, the stuns are less effective than an Excalibur Radial Blind for dealing with problems, this is likely why they are aiming for a total overhaul of Vauban honestly, because Bastille makes it hard to make abilities useful due to how overwhelmingly effective it is.

Well, as they said, frames must offer more than just CC nowadays and I kinda agree.

That being said, if Bastille is nerfed to make you use the other abilities ... I will be left speechless. But DE loves to do that.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Datam4ss said:

That being said, if Bastille is nerfed to make you use the other abilities ... I will be left speechless. But DE loves to do that.

It might be better to convert it to his 4 in place of Vortex, that way it has a cost equal to its effectiveness, and Bastille is central to Vauban's identity so removing it completely would kinda be a bad move.

By making it his 4 and upping the energy cost (without nerfing anything else) while introducing new abilities for lower costs with more effective and worthwhile effects and output for their lower energy cost can improve the variety in his kit rather than making him "Use Bastille, gg" as he currently is would be how I'd go about it.