The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Start mission as host" option for eidolon and fortuna

Armageddontoday

Several times I've faced the next situation: host leaves after completing one of stages taking revards and other players lose their loot and progress. I'm sure such cases really dissapoint everybody.

Is it possible to add "start mission as host" option when player takes Konzu  or Eudico tasks without a group? Cause I know that I'll complete all stages and I don't want to lose bounty while host migration because of random selfish player.

Yes, i know that it's possible to  find somebody in chat and ask to join your mission but it tires to look for group every time. 

Edited by Armageddontoday

It's incredibly annoying when the host of the profit taker fight is playing on a potato PC and you can't take out your archgun because their computer can't process it.  Please let this be an option lol

Edited by Schkrapnel

32 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

I want that option for everything. urgh. I want to play public, but not being a host is such a hassle more often than not

Yup. An option to opt in or out of being host would be great. Some people have S#&$ty internet and don't want to host, some people don't want to deal with S#&$ty internet people hosting.

It's not the first time it's been suggested.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Armageddontoday said:

Is it possible to add "start mission as host" option when player takes Konzu  or Eudico tasks without a group?

Set to friends only, select a bounty, enter door to Plains or Orb Vallis, then when it starts to load, quickly set to public before it finished loading. Works best with open NAT, and good connection. Unsure if future updates might stop this from working.

As for never host, it will be nice to have options, or maybe it would be nice to have the game constantly and repeatedly search for squads until joined or until you go closer to Plains door to host.

Join or invite squads have some control of who will be host, as long as host don't have strict NAT that might have host migration on mission start.

Last night I wanted to farm my Cephalon Simaris captures and could not go public, cause I'd always land in the game after it's generated, too late for the capture target to generate.

So yes, starting as host would be nice as a general mode, similar as invite-only mode, but with public joins

• Like 1