Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ability to scan Regular Stalker after the Second Dream Quest

CsarYoungen

After finally reaching Neptune I was excited to play the Second Dream quest, but after reading online that I will no longer be able to scan the old Stalker for the codex I now have to wait for who knows how long to scan him 3 times. This was the first time I felt frustrated with this game. Up until this point every part of the game was immensely enjoyable

I know that you can find people who haven't done the quest and scan the Stalker through them, but that is unnecessarily tedious. Besides, people like me who like playing alone have no option at all... Everything in this game can be obtained (to my knowledge) even if you mess things up. I don't see why this should be an exception, mainly considering by playing the game you don't even know you are locking yourself out from completing the codex. If I didn't search online first I would have no knowledge about this, especially considering it is extremely counterintuitive to punish people for progressing through the game.

There should be a way of encountering the old Stalker some way. Maybe some of the time you see him after the quest he will be the old version, or maybe we can summon the old Stalker somehow. Perhaps since he is first encountered after reaching Neptune, on the planets before he can be the old version, and on the planets after Neptune the Shadow version.

I know that this issue doesn't bother many people, but I really like playing this game alone, and being a Completionist in this game seems so intuitive with all the weapons and frames you can obtain and things you can scan.

I hope something can be done about this, and I appreciate the opportunity to give my feedback.

• Like 1

The codex has many entries that are progression sensitive. It would be nice to fix up missions to auto-scan these. Cascade Bomb from Once Awake, Stalker from the Second Dream, Hive Tumors from Mirage quest, etc. should be looked at. Unfortunately the codex is heavily neglected.

• Like 3

It might be a while before DE gets to fixing it. My recommendation would be to try to find some newer players and offer to help them out for a little bit. If they are farming or have farmed one of the starting planet frames you might be able to mooch stalker off of them for your scans. They might also appreciate the help as he can be tough when you first start out Vs by the time you get shadow stalker.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Voltage said:

The codex has many entries that are progression sensitive. It would be nice to fix up missions to auto-scan these. Cascade Bomb from Once Awake, Stalker from the Second Dream, Hive Tumors from Mirage quest, etc. should be looked at. Unfortunately the codex is heavily neglected.

The Once Awake quest is Replayable, can't the bombs be scanned again?

Do you perhaps know of anything I should keep in mind while progressing through the game?

I feel like a simple way to fix it would be scanning Shadow Stalker would also give a scan for the regular Stalker in the Codex. I agree, one shouldn't be locked out of being able to get scans. I was only able to get the final regular Stalker scan I needed by getting a lucky encounter with a friend who hadn't completed 2nd Dream yet.

For the other things, at some point, hopefully all quests will become replayable eventually which will give access to the unique scans they have.

• Like 2

My GF missed out on this too, so what I did was start a new account, farm 50k credits (pretty easy), have her drag me to the high level index.  Then she gave this account a few prime pieces of junk and I bought the stalker beacons from Baro.  It only took a couple of hours to do all this.  So if you have someone willing to help, you could get the scans next time Baro has the beacon 🙂 

19 hours ago, Voltage said:

Darvo from Vor's Prize. 😢

18 hours ago, CsarYoungen said:

The Once Awake quest is Replayable, can't the bombs be scanned again?

It wasn't always replayable, but yes, now they can.

Edited by SordidDreams

• 3 years later...