Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Host migration should provide limited invulnerability

(PSN)ATreidezz

I was doing an arbitration survival mission until my host decided to pull an individual extraction, and i was left alone.

The problem is, during the host migration, the enemies still can attack me, so by the time host migration finished, im already dead. Its worse because arbitration mission disable revive, so death means game over. 

Please let us have invulnerability until the migration loading is complete or until we move, its really unfair that i die before even have a chance to move. 

Edited by (PS4)ATreidezz
  • Like 1

On 2019-04-13 at 10:26 AM, (PS4)ATreidezz said:

I was doing an arbitration survival mission until my host decided to pull an individual extraction, and i was left alone.

The problem is, during the host migration, the enemies still can attack me, so by the time host migration finished, im already dead. Its worse because arbitration mission disable revive, so death means game over. 

Please let us have invulnerability until the migration loading is complete or until we move, its really unfair that i die before even have a chance to move. 

I agree. I had a similar thing when helping a new clan member level at Hydron along with another of our clan vets. Newbie was MR4 (so not surving on his own) and wanted to powerlevel a bit so he could use some weapons he wanted but were an MR level higher than he was. I stupidly let the other clan member host knowing he had an unstable connection (totally fgorgot to check who was host). I went in with my Frost, dropped my bubble and started a few waves as normal and all was going well. The host D/C'd but migration was thankfully successful. By the time we got back in my bubble was gone and my energy was too low for another. My whole clan were not using operators when the new guy was around to avoid spoilers so I couldn't pop an energy dash and I don't always carry pizzas since I have the dash. Fortunately the newbie recognised the danger and went into full on pinball mode whilst I grabbed some orbs to get the bubble back up. Newbie did survive but being clobbered whilst the migration happens isn't really fair.

• Like 2

A solution after successful host migration would be to remove all enemies, pause enemy spawning, wait until all players have successfully loaded into map, then give 3-4 seconds for all players to prepare for battle, and only then spawn enemies for the map.
Or depending on map, perhaps disable AI of opponents, and make them invulnerable to all damage, for 3-4 seconds, while players are in preparation phase.

But ofc, I bet that this improvement has been requested about 1000 times already. I bet if to search, you could find it from 2+ year old post. If not from hundreds.
And since WF is a cheap game, not like original Guild Wars, I bet DE doesn't have server power to achieve this feature, and it's a lot better to donate money away to 3rd parties.

Absolutely no idea which bugs DE has acknowledged, which improvements are in to-do list, which requests cannot be achieved due to "must donate away instead of investing into WF's QC/QA", not even a hint. It feels like devs are like Carmageddon devs: they lack motivation to try to understand what players want? Or perhaps huge income made them corrupt? WF still is #6 most played game on Steam. I need an official explanation why such neglect.

• Like 2

Host migrations also ruin your efficiency in SO/ESO. Had a moment where the squad I was with was doing fine. The dreaded host migration happened because the host got DC'd and by the time we got back in Samaris was yelling at me about efficiency. We were in the 80% range before the migration, that became 15% by the time we were all back in the mission. We basically had a tough time keeping efficiency up thanks to host migration.

Yes, so annoying that the game do not pause at all that can result in death and/or mission failure, in a middle of ship flying screen. Why do we need to look at ship flying screen if we did not leave the mission?

Happened to me about 6 months ago, the sound of death. Host migration can happen when host quit, host crashed, loss of connection, and so on.