Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stradavar Prime's barrel looks a bit...off.

MirageKnight

As posted on Reddit.

3ctyph4qg5s21.jpg

If the barrel was straight, the weapon would look more far more presentable and professional. This, arguably, looks badly modeled and unpolished thanks to that curve in the barrel. What amazes me is how this was approved for release without any questions, because I'd have sent this right back to the modelling department to be straightened out. 

Regardless of what some white knights and DE defenders might (and will) have to say, there's no amount of "suspension of disbelief" and "artistic license" arguing that can excuse this. No Orokin weapon-smith / designer would have made something like this: They were artistically inclined and extravagant certainly, but they were also perfectionists. This design, visually and mechanically, is flawed.

Yes, this bothers me because it really underscores how sloppy their modelling can be at times and how more often than not content just gets quickly shoved out the door with little, if any, critical scrutiny.

DE, you're better than this. This really should be fixed because it looks ugly.

21 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

No Orokin weapon-smith / designer would have made something like this

And you would know how are you a orokin weapon smith ?

since most if not all the tenno weapons are reverse engineers of the primes so tell me person who seems to know how orokin weapons work 

tenora how do all 150 bullets fit in that tiny little thing you just hap hazardly slot into a gun and why does the whole barrel spin when you fire it as if they didnt make it to have a barrel rotary to spin the bullet so they made the barrel spin instead 

why does the vectis prime not have a clip and its reload animation is just moving the top bolt that is WAY to big to make sense just pushed down and it magically has another bullet why does it have a disk that spins it does nothing

vasto prime you literally just spin the chamber and now it has more bullets how does that work? 

bronco prime you replace the entire front part of the gun to reload it seems like a waste of materials for just bullets 

pyrana prime you push the spikes forward and then let go has bullets again where does the magic gun come from then 

why do you not have to reload the redeemer prime

but yes i too like to label everyone who disagrees with a logical reason white knights because god forbid they make a gun in a sci fi fantasy game not make real world sense and then shame the devs for not making a weapon that doesnt appeal to me and i somehow know how orokin weapon smithing works so this weapon doesn't make sense in that regard too

seriously mate i think it looks weird too but come on the whole white knight and no orokin smith would make this if you got a complaint about the weapon thats fine make it but all the fluff added on is just annoying you cannot criticize me unless you fill out this check boxs first and also just dont use it level it toss it be done with it you dont like it well you got all the other guns

Edited by seprent

19 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

If the barrel was straight, the weapon would look more far more presentable and professional. This, arguably, looks badly modeled and unpolished thanks to that curve in the barrel. What amazes me is how this was approved for release without any questions, because I'd have sent this right back to the modelling department to be straightened out. 

You are assuming that DE wanted a straight barrel and overlooked that.
You are wrong.

20 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

Regardless of what some white knights and DE defenders might (and will) have to say

If you wanted to throw all your credibility out the window, why did you make this post in the first place?
If someone doesn't have any arguments, tjey come with the "white knight" bullS#&$. ^^

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

You are assuming that DE wanted a straight barrel and overlooked that.
You are wrong.

I'm inclined to agree. Although, looking at it, I'm also inclined not to get it now... 😐 My regular Stradavar gets the job done, and I have other weapons for the real life-and-death missions.

It's not a modelling error by any means. They wanted it to look this way. For what reason, I can't fathom, since other Prime guns have had curved/bent barrels and haven't looked so... off. Like a plastic miniature made out of cheap resin, and the sprue got bent. ...But that's just how it is in this case.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)GrandisSupernus said:

I'm inclined to agree. Although, looking at it, I'm also inclined not to get it now... 😐 My regular Stradavar gets the job done, and I have other weapons for the real life-and-death missions.

It's not a modelling error by any means. They wanted it to look this way. For what reason, I can't fathom, since other Prime guns have had curved/bent barrels and haven't looked so... off. Like a plastic miniature made out of cheap resin, and the sprue got bent. ...But that's just how it is in this case.

we get a tenno gen skin for it they are allowed to use on the base model so once that happens problem solved 

though i have yet to see a stradavar tennogen skin on steam workshop maybe i missed one but with the adding of the prime it bound to get something to happen