Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime designs are interesting

JackHargreav

It's really easy to tell them apart:

Up to Rhino prime we didn't get really complex designs. Most of these frames are simple and very similar to the vanilla counterparts. This group includes: Excal Prime, Frost Prime, Mag Prime, Ember Prime, Rhino Prime.

Then we get to the second batch with Loki, Nyx, Nova and Volt. This time around the devs started to play around with the designs more. These primes started to have more unique designs. They were less similar to the vanilla frames but they were still pretty close. From this group I think Loki got the farthest from the original.

The third group is not really a group. It only includes Ash and Trinity. For me these two are more of an in between. Ash got a nice balanced design. And Trinity went kind of overboard.

After Trinity, prime warframes really started to become their own thing, they still have some similarities with the vanilla version but just enough to tell that they are the same frames. 

Of course this isn't 100% accurate. Valkyr for example, is kinda close to her vanilla version. She is almost like the second group of frames but not that much. So her design falls into the Ash Trinity "group" for me.

As an extra I would like to talk about their colors. It has been discussed few times. There are some theories. Mostly two of these stands out for me. One being the rank of the frames being reflected by the coloring. The other theory ties the colors to the time of their making. Black frames made in darker times and whites is the opposite.

In my theory the coloring is tied to the beliefs of the orokin. In the Sacrifice, Ballas said that the orokin believed in Duality. That mind and matter are separate or something like that. So maybe they colored the primes dark and bright because of that. (Though again. There are frames like Ash and Equinox as exceptions.)

Edited by JackHargreav

3 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

It's really easy to tell them apart:

Up to Rhino prime we didn't get really complex designs. Most of these frames are simple and very similar to the vanilla counterparts. This group includes: Excal Prime, Frost Prime, Mag Prime, Ember Prime, Rhino Prime.

Then we get to the second batch with Loki, Nyx, Nova and Volt. This time around the devs started to play around with the designs more. These primes started to have more unique designs. They were less similar to the vanilla frames but they were still pretty close. From this group I think Loki got the farthest from the original.

The third group is not really a group. It only includes Ash and Trinity. For me these two are more of an in between. Ash got a nice balanced design. And Trinity went kind of overboard.

After Trinity, prime warframes really started to become their own thing, they still have some similarities with the vanilla version but just enough to tell that they are the same frames. 

Of course this isn't 100% accurate. Valkyr for example, is kinda close to her vanilla version. She is almost like the second group of frames but not that much. So her design falls into the Ash Trinity "group" for me.

As an extra I would like to talk about their colors. It has been discussed few times. There are some theories. Mostly two of these stands out for me. One being the rank of the frames being reflected by the coloring. The other theory ties the colors to the time of their making. Black frames made in darker times and whites is the opposite.

In my theory the coloring is tied to the beliefs of the orokin. In the Sacrifice, Ballas said that the orokin believed in Duality. That mind and matter are separate or something like that. So maybe they colored the primes dark and bright because of that. (Though again. There are frames like Ash and Equinox as exceptions.)

I would say the colors of normal frames would be their original colors while Primes were colored up because of style since they were presented as elites, like the Prime Syadanas which are linked whit Royalty, Temple and Mars Guards, Purification Rituals, Orokin High Court and so on.

Basically its just fashion so that the Orokin could show off their Tenno guards.

Yeah, is really nice to se how they improved the Primes designs with time, if you use a tennogen skin with the prime details, you can clearly see what parts where changed based on the vanila frames. On the first primes, just some golden attachments where added, while the newer ones where almost completely redesigned. I wonder, if they keep improving, what we can expect in the future? XD

Well wukong has a pretty flashy outfit in many of his depictions (well, in the early parts of his story anyway before he goes on his journey to the west) so he has potential to look great.

Or they just give him a golden butthole.

Either way.

Edited by RushBCyka