Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Mods And The Longsword

theGreatZamboni

I'm getting very tired of DE implementing what should be standard gameplay mechanics and positive changes as mods, like what they did with Handspring.

Definitely approve of longswords getting the bullet deflection and parrying as standard.

Well, at least changing these mods from Warframe to Melee would be a start. It makes zero sense at the moment. And I would certianly like Longswords to have their niche, so this game isn't dominated by heavy and dual weapons.

I agree just changing the mods from Warframe to Melee would be a start, but still not good enough.

Not only is the blocking mods being warframe mods bad, but the damage return is really bad. You'd expect 96% damage reflect to be really good, but if you think about it enemies do around 20-120 damage per shot to Tenno. This means that you only reflect around 40-60 damage after armor and damage reduction. You're better off just taking the full damage and shooting them in the face for 500 damage per shot.

I agree with a fair bit of the OP's ideas, especially the part about melee-oriented mods NOT being Warframe-category. Never mind that Warframe slots are precious already, but it's a specific weapon's performance you're improving, put the mods in the weapon.

I somewhat agree that less-damaging weapons (daggers, longswords) should have utility to compensate for their lower damage/cleave output.. The Kogake won't win me any DPS contests, but I still use it in endgame scenarios because I can knock down a LOT of mobs QUICKLY with it, which has been game-saving in tough Defense missions.

I also believe that the entire idea of blocking needs to be rescaled/reworked, as the pictures posted attest. I love, love love melee (maybe has something to do with the fact that I started Volt), and want to see it viable into endgame. As is, it is never worth my time to block incoming fire; I'll take far less damage by slide-jump-knockdowning them, and do more damage to them as well. If I'm not playing as Volt, of course, I'd do still more damage with nearly any given Warframe ability or just by shooting from cover.

In my opinion, the melee/acrobatics is what sets this game beyond/apart from other shooters. That aspect needs disproportionately LARGE resources given to its development.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with a fair bit of the OP's ideas, especially the part about melee-oriented mods NOT being Warframe-category. Never mind that Warframe slots are precious already, but it's a specific weapon's performance you're improving, put the mods in the weapon.

I somewhat agree that less-damaging weapons (daggers, longswords) should have utility to compensate for their lower damage/cleave output.. The Kogake won't win me any DPS contests, but I still use it in endgame scenarios because I can knock down a LOT of mobs QUICKLY with it, which has been game-saving in tough Defense missions.

I also believe that the entire idea of blocking needs to be rescaled/reworked, as the pictures posted attest. I love, love love melee (maybe has something to do with the fact that I started Volt), and want to see it viable into endgame. As is, it is never worth my time to block incoming fire; I'll take far less damage by slide-jump-knockdowning them, and do more damage to them as well. If I'm not playing as Volt, of course, I'd do still more damage with nearly any given Warframe ability or just by shooting from cover.

In my opinion, the melee/acrobatics is what sets this game beyond/apart from other shooters. That aspect needs disproportionately LARGE resources given to its development.

What this man said.

Also, bump.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...