Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orthos Prime Vs Dakka

Dasmir

Dakka:

Base Damage 55 Crit Chance 5.0% Crit Damage 150% Normal Attack Rate 1.3 atks/sec

Orthos Prime:

Base Damage 60 Crit Chance 5% Crit Damage 150% Normal Attack Rate 1.3 atks/sec

De why just why, Dakka has literally nothing exept the cool look like pretty much ALL THE LONGSWORD and even with armor 2.0 orthos will still be the best weapon for normal attacks build...

*Forma*

Pretty much tes is a little time saving but both are PRIMES TIER weapons.

You are comparing a heavy with a longsword.

Anyways, it is time for longswords to get some love.

Edit: and the guy below makes a good point too.

Of course we cant have Heavy melee outclassing all melee in the game though.

"You are comparing a heavy with a longsword."

"You are comparing a Primary with a secondary"

Same problem with melee version =/.

Pretty much tes is a little time saving but both are PRIMES TIER weapons.

They are. I don't know how you decide which weapon you want. I personally don't only check the stats. I'd prefer buying a weapon with 2 polarities on it already, rather than having to sacrifie 2 formas for it. The 5 Attack Damage sacrifie is reasonable for me.

They are. I don't know how you decide which weapon you want. I personally don't only check the stats. I'd prefer buying a weapon with 2 polarities on it already, rather than having to sacrifie 2 formas for it. The 5 Attack Damage sacrifie is reasonable for me.

Meanwhile the Orthos still having higher charge damage and range also multi-hit....

Edited by Dasmir

Having to not use two forma's is nice, however, if this is like any other longsword...then I might get it just for looks and have it collect dust. No multi hit, less range, less damage. Orthos you can at least take just about anywhere. Longsword though? Have fun dealing with chargers on infested levels, had that experience a few times and I never touched a longsword again on infested missions. Orthos you can take that just about anywhere without having to worry about having mob control problems. Not saying the dakka should receive a buff, but I certainly wouldn't take it over the orthos prime or just about any other heavy weapon for that matter if given the choice. Longswords look nice but are generally outperformed by heavy weapons. I hope this changes in the future.

Having to not use two forma's is nice, however, if this is like any other longsword...then I might get it just for looks and have it collect dust. No multi hit, less range, less damage. Orthos you can at least take just about anywhere. Longsword though? Have fun dealing with chargers on infested levels, had that experience a few times and I never touched a longsword again on infested missions. Orthos you can take that just about anywhere without having to worry about having mob control problems. Not saying the dakka should receive a buff, but I certainly wouldn't take it over the orthos prime or just about any other heavy weapon for that matter if given the choice. Longswords look nice but are generally outperformed by heavy weapons. I hope this changes in the future.

Pretty much this, i think i will stick to my Fang primes, Guantlets  and the new ichor for normal attacks.

there was a bug that resulted in O-Prime being made from Dakka pieces. Not sure if it's still there.

Well, there hasn't been a hotfix yet... so, yeah, it's still there. They guy that got Dakka got it after he written to the support and they exchanged his OPrime for the Dakka. Maybe they could make it into actual build requirements - 1 Dakka Prime Blade, 1 Dakka Prime Handle, 15 Orokin Cells, 1 Support Ticket

Edited by LocoWithGun

The point of the Dakra is to be a potent alternative to charge attack gameplay.

It's charge damage is hardly anything, and it's normal attack damage draws very close to it.

The point of this sword is to be a decent swinging weapon for quickly cleaving through miles of infested without ever charging once.

The point of the Dakra is to be a potent alternative to charge attack gameplay.

It's charge damage is hardly anything, and it's normal attack damage draws very close to it.

The point of this sword is to be a decent swinging weapon for quickly cleaving through miles of infested without ever charging once.

what kind of dmg does it deal? Serrated Blade, Slashing, Impact? (on normal attacks ofc)