Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Like Wolf of Saturn Six, I'm Gonna Miss Him When he's Gone

Pizzarugi

I got back into Warframe a bit late into Nightwave, like "a couple remaining episodes" late, so I'm very far behind in the progression towards that umbra forma. However, I did hear about the Wolf and how tough he is. I gotta say, after finally running into him for the first time ever during an Oxomoco fissure mission, I really enjoyed the fight. I remember when I first fought Grustrag Three and I was hella pumped, because people said they were tough, but they turned out to be laughable. Wolf turned out to be a more challenging fight.

I didn't get anything for beating him though, which makes me sad. What makes me even more sad is the fact he's probably not gonna stay once the Nightwave series is over. It's nice to have a hunter appear that makes me think "oh S#&$ he's here" when he spawns.

Man, I wonder how bad the fight would've been if I ran into him during a sortie mission...

Edited by Pizzarugi
  • Like 3

DE seemed to imply in a previous stream that he's not going away.  Granted his frequency might change back to much lower % for appearances so we don't get harassed 24/7, but I believe what was said was something to the effect of; "Just because the Nightwave season ends, doesn't mean the wolf will stop spawning."  My memory is a little fuzzy but it was only a stream or two ago.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

DE seemed to imply in a previous stream that he's not going away.  Granted his frequency might change back to much lower % for appearances so we don't get harassed 24/7, but I believe what was said was something to the effect of; "Just because the Nightwave season ends, doesn't mean the wolf will stop spawning."  My memory is a little fuzzy but it was only a stream or two ago.

Oh. Well, I hope that's true. This game could use some assassins that can give you a hard time.

I'm happy to find im not the only one who likes the Wolf. 

On 2019-04-28 at 1:21 AM, Pizzarugi said:

It's nice to have a hunter appear that makes me think "oh S#&$ he's here" when he spawns.

that is exactly one of the reasons i like him, every one complains "he's too tanky" a well built kitgun can take him down in a few shots but still takes some time. As a player who can 1 shot mostly everything the wolf is a worthy opponent and fun to face when he shows up. 

speaking of showing up i love his sentient howl. it sounds so powerful and eerie, giving the "oh S#&$ he's here" feeling.

His hammer is really fun to use as well cause you can throw it like storm breaker/mjolnir.

On 2019-04-28 at 1:40 AM, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

DE seemed to imply in a previous stream that he's not going away.

From what ive heard he's going to be part of the gas city rework since his sentient amalgamation.  

Edited by killerKronos23

you can make an assassin that isnt a bullet sponge. payday 2 did it with their cloaker, left 4 dead did it with their hunter, vermintide did this with rat ogre, troll gutter runner etc.

there is a difference between a boss and an assassin. wolf imo is not an assassin. shadow stalker, zanuka, gustrag 3, manic bombard, manic, and vor. these are assassins. Wolf is a boss just like the acolytes, tyl regor, and the like. his spawn should have been like the acolytes or a node should have been dedicated to him.

Edit: look at the division. they added an assassin group that when they spawn they automatcially block shade tech effectively turning off your powers for a while, and their melee is an instant down.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

1 hour ago, EinheriarJudith said:

you can make an assassin that isnt a bullet sponge. payday 2 did it with their cloaker, left 4 dead did it with their hunter, vermintide did this with rat ogre, troll gutter runner etc.

there is a difference between a boss and an assassin. wolf imo is not an assassin. shadow stalker, zanuka, gustrag 3, manic bombard, manic, and vor. these are assassins. Wolf is a boss just like the acolytes, tyl regor, and the like. his spawn should have been like the acolytes or a node should have been dedicated to him.

Edit: look at the division. they added an assassin group that when they spawn they automatcially block shade tech effectively turning off your powers for a while, and their melee is an instant down.

I've never played the Division games. First look at the user reviews on steam made me back away quickly. I can't say much about how that game is balanced.

Warframe, on the other hand, is riddled with powercreep. At this point, you need enemies to have ridiculous amounts of health, otherwise you instantly murder them the second they spawn. Look at the other assassins currently available. The Stalker is supposed to be your nemesis, but after the Second Dream where he gets new equipment, he's now easier to kill than ever. All you have to do is backpedal as your operator and shoot him to death with your amp. He's that weak. He should do away with his sword, keep the Sentient defenses and abilities, and use his old weapons. The closest thing we've got to a dangerous assassin are the G3, but even they're still super easy to kill.

Sure you can use Gram Prime and spam the Broken Bull combo from Cleaving Whirlwind to murder the Wolf instantly, but that requires a very specific melee weapon class and a very specific stance to perform which makes it less common than killing the other assassins with literally anything. 😛

Edited by Pizzarugi
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Pizzarugi said:

I've never played the Division games. First look at the user reviews on steam made me back away quickly. I can't say much about how that game is balanced.

Warframe, on the other hand, is riddled with powercreep. At this point, you need enemies to have ridiculous amounts of health, otherwise you instantly murder them the second they spawn. Look at the other assassins currently available. The Stalker is supposed to be your nemesis, but after the Second Dream where he gets new equipment, he's now easier to kill than ever. All you have to do is backpedal as your operator and shoot him to death with your amp. He's that weak. He should do away with his sword, keep the Sentient defenses and abilities, and use his old weapons. The closest thing we've got to a dangerous assassin are the G3, but even they're still super easy to kill.

Sure you can use Gram Prime and spam the Broken Bull combo from Cleaving Whirlwind to murder the Wolf instantly, but that requires a very specific melee weapon class and a very specific stance to perform which makes it less common than killing the other assassins with literally anything. 😛

they could make the assassins block all the powers and transference (this will make stalker harder with his damage adaptation). give them a sync kill animation when you are at low health or ?? there are some good things they could add to make them threatening even in this current system without the bullet sponge.

ive defaulted to running only specific equipment now since wolf just requires such specialized damage and for you to live long enough to dump bullets.

2 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

Soooo... everything most of Warframe community seem to hate? (Ability negation/immunity and 1 shot)

Edited by Warhydra

3 minutes ago, Warhydra said:

Soooo... everything most of Warframe community seem to hate? (Ability negation/immunity and 1 shot)

i said off for a while not until they are dead. their melee 1 shot is avoidable. pretty much if you cant be bothered to move and play you ought to die.

Edit: they are assassins.

25 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

i said off for a while not until they are dead. their melee 1 shot is avoidable. pretty much if you cant be bothered to move and play you ought to die.

Edit: they are assassins.

Dont get me wrong, I am not personally opposed to that kind of enemies, but I dont think it would be popular with this player base. 
Nullifiers are effective while their bubble is up, people complain about them anyway. 

Nox? all you need to do is to break their helmet, still too much for some people.

Hell we have a complain about Bursas right now and I actually think they are one of the better designed enemy in the game. 

Edited by Warhydra

6 minutes ago, Warhydra said:

Dont get me wrong, I am not personally opposed to that kind of enemies, but I dont think it would be popular with this player base. 
Nullifiers are effective while their bubble is up, people complain about them anyway. 

Nox? all you need to do is to break their helmet, still too much for some people.

Hell we have a complain about Bursas right now and I actually think they are one of the better designed enemy in the game. 

bursa and nox are some of my favorite units. nullifers pretty much got replaced by the comba units so i can understand why people want them to go. what i dont like about the nullifiers is that field is supposed to block powers not guns which the comba units made clear they could do.

2 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

bursa and nox are some of my favorite units. nullifers pretty much got replaced by the comba units so i can understand why people want them to go. what i dont like about the nullifiers is that field is supposed to block powers not guns which the comba units made clear they could do.

I agree, even their mobile cover roll seems kinda redundant since the new gameplay footage in devstream shows Corpus deploying mobile cover much like the Grineer. 

• Like 1

Gonna bump this thread because I just played through the tactical alert that came out today. I was expecting Wolf to get a nerf because of how outrageous he scaled relative to his level, but I wasn't expecting him to become "put a couple sniper rounds into his head and call it a day" weak.

This game needs assassins who are actually threatening, not another one you can just laugh at to death.