Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sanctuary Onslaught should be made more solo/small team friendly

(PSN)sister-hawk

I feel that Sanctuary Onslaught is a little too restrictive toward solo players or teams of two. I don't expect an MR 2 player with a half modded Mag and a Braton to solo to room 8. But I have no trouble killing anything in any of the first eight rooms. And yet, unless I use a Warframe that can nuke the entire room in two seconds, it's humanly impossible to get through room 8 solo. At most I can get halfway through room 6, but I can't outpace the decaying efficiency, even with the power to one-hit-kill everything and finding all the boosters. Now I don't care about bragging rights, but neither do I expect it to be a cakewalk. I just want to be able to get through a full reward rotation so I can get Khora, and it frustrates me that I can't do that even as powerful as I am.

So you might say, "just do public matchmaking." Well, I do, and I can get through room 8, assuming the 3 other people decide to stick around until then. But I played about seven games public last night, and got through room 8 in two of them. Every other time, two people extracted around room 4, leaving me and the one other person to struggle to keep our efficiency up until finally being booted out halfway through room 7 or 8. To have this keep happening is a real punch in the gut if I'm being honest. I already have to rely on the crappy RNG for a Khora drop, but on top of that it feels like yet another layer of RNG as to whether or not the randoms will decide to stick out a full rotation with me.

I think the solution should be to adjust the rate at which efficiency decays based on the number of players in the mission, the same way the enemy density is adjusted in normal missions. It doesn't have to be a huge change. Just enough so that a good solo player of appropriate power level can get through a full reward rotation without needing to have a nuke in their pocket, or so that when two people decide to extract after only four rooms, it doesn't screw the remaining two players out of the C reward. I don't care if I get booted out immediately after, I just want to be able to reliably get through room 8 without my rewards being in the hands of other people.

I know it can be done. I know you can easily solo/duo your way through room 8. Like I know Saryn exists. That it can be done is not the point. It's that the setup required to do so is too restrictive, and without it you have to deal with the headaches listed above. That breaks the game in my opinion.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, (PS4)sister-hawk said:

unless I use a Warframe that can nuke the entire room in two seconds

Well ... that's kind of a solution, right there.

I understand it's not the solution you want, but that's what Onslaught is right now, the kill-per-second mission,
picking the right loadout for the mission at hand should be rewarded, and in Onslaught that means nuking prowess. *shrug*

Mind you, having some not-just-kill-everything alternatives to Onslaught, but with the same drop table, I would hardly be against.
Something that'd favor mass CC would be nifty, or maybe healing Frames, or ... whatever, variety, spice of life, yadda yadda.

TBH, when I first heard of the idea of Onslaught, I thought it was gonna be a Wario Ware type mission,
with random, suddenly changing objectives, thus rewarding you for bringing multi-purpose Frames / a varied Squad composition.
It being all about killing is ultimately quite boring and IMO a wasted opportunity, then again, hey, passive weapon leveling spot 😛

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

I understand it's not the solution you want, but that's what Onslaught is right now, the kill-per-second mission,
picking the right loadout for the mission at hand should be rewarded, and in Onslaught that means nuking prowess. *shrug*

Requiring a specific setup to make an activity doable is bad game design. It's not the same thing as adjusting your damage types for the enemy. In order to get Khora, a player should not have to go grind and build and potato and forma Saryn first.

But again, the point of this thread is not to seek answers for how to solo onslaught, but to tell the devs that this game mode is frustrating for solo players and should be adjusted. It's not even that I absolutely must be able to solo it. It's just that I'm frankly damn tired of being deprived of rewards because the matchmade randoms jump ship halfway through.

• Like 2