Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toroid Farming: where is everyone?

This happens to me (on X1) most of the time:

- go to farming location crawling with enemies

- kill all of them and leave totems until I have a wanted rating of 4

- no new enemies appear.

Nothing to kill means nothing drops. What am I doing wrong? Why do the enemies just dry up?

Sometimes if I hang round for over an hour I suddenly get the waves of scaling enemies I was expecting, why?

11 minutes ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

Why do the enemies just dry up?

Bad spawn coding? On PC I get a constant flow of enemies, but they are very low in number. Temple of Profit was the last place I tried. Got four star alert level, killed everyone. Enemies proceeded to spawn in groups of under four with about 30 - 60 seconds between groups. This was solo. Playing in a group gets more enemies to spawn. So, try playing in a group if you are not already.

53 minutes ago, Zelmen said:

Are you solo? Or did someone run away and hog all the spawns?

Doesn't seem to make any difference. I've sat there with 3 teammates in affinity range and still got no spawns 

49 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Enemies proceeded to spawn in groups of under four with about 30 - 60 seconds between groups

Yeah, sometimes that, more often less.

Even with that you aren't getting any toroids. I want to kill 100's.

Is this something that's changed? When Fortuna (on X1, so already toned down from the PC release) launched I could get waves of enemies in these areas by accident. Now they just don't appear.

2 hours ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

Is this something that's changed?

They only change I am aware of is they locked harder mobs behind certain start levels so newer players don't get face stomped. 

3 hours ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

Doesn't seem to make any difference. I've sat there with 3 teammates in affinity range and still got no spawns 

Only had this happen once and all we had to do was change from inside spaceport to the garage. Then we got consistent spawns.

6 hours ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

Is this something that's changed?

I hope it’s just a bug. I know people were complaining about it being too difficult, so DE might have changed some stuff. I found that it was just quicker to look in caves to find them than actual killing enemies. I do find that sometimes changing location for a while will improve spawns, that’s not much use if you need something specific though.