Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen Guide Refresh!

Hi Tenno,

You might have heard us talk briefly about a refresh to our existing TennoGen guides -- these changes are now live over at https://www.warframe.com/steamworkshop/help/index.php?! The goal of this refresh is to address common issues in the program to (hopefully) help reduce the amount of revisions, since there were a few "unwritten rules" that were known by established creators, but not communicated properly to new creators or the community as a whole. 

[DE]Kary did an amazing job setting up these initial guides, but 3+ years into the program, some of them needed a fresh coat of paint. This thread serves as an overview of what changed, for those interested in revisiting these guides!

NEW OR SIGNIFICANT CHANGES

Faction Style Guide (previously Content Creator Art Style Guide)

• This page now outlines the visual language and rules for each faction currently accepted in the TennoGen program. If you're struggling with mastering the aesthetic of a specific faction, this is a great resource (in addition to in-game references).
  • Any future factions that get added to the program will also be added here!

Final Pre-Submission Checklists (New!)

• The home for checklists, to help ensure your piece meets all basic requirements per item type. A TL;DR of all guides!

Texturing Guide

• Restructured and rewritten for readability. We've added more information and examples for tintmasks especially, since we have removed the Tintmask Guide.
  • Note: Once the dual emissive and energy slots are added in-game, we will be detailing how to best design your files for this new functionality. 

Technical Specifications

• Added more technical details, including in-game texture resolution, downloads links for checklists, and any important details to consider when designing! Also restructured types for more clarity. 

Creating a Melee Weapon Skin (previously Model Swap Guide)

• Restructured this guide to match all other "Creating..." Guides. We also clarified and emphasized important technical details for Melee Mesh Swaps that weren't 100% clear. 

Creating Operator Accessories

• Added a new section outlining how ears and hairlines for both male and female Operators are now the same size! Also renamed to match all other "Creating..." Guides.

REFRESHED

The following guides have had their copy updated to be clearer, and to include important details that creators struggle with:

====

Now that these guides have been refreshed to better reflect program standards in 2019, we are able to update them more regularly following creator and community feedback. If you see any important information that hasn't been included in these guides, please use this thread to share feedback with us!

First of all, I appreciate this immensely. and I'm incredibly thankful that infomation has been made more clear to newer tennogen creators.

Secondly, will we see the Q&A thread be re-staffed to help with Questions regarding the Tennogen project?

Thirdly, this is probably expected from me by now, but can we get word as to what is going on with the mythical Tennogen Operator Suit/Clothes?

EDIT 1: I'm not entirely sure if any Sentient submissions have been accepted, but you may want to add those into the Faction Style Guide. Orokin too (but with the obvious reminder that they cannot use gold metallics since that clashes with the Prime Access program)

Edited by Zahnny

On 2019-05-07 at 2:58 PM, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

I'm curious... does one have to be exceptionally good at drawing and/or art, or, if born without the talent, could this guide help (talentless) people like me get started?

Honestly I wouldn’t say this guide would be helpful in that context. It seems to be geared more towards established artists or those with at least decent grasp on what they are doing. 

That being said, a lack of “talent” doesn’t exclude you from becoming a good artist. Just practice, make an effort to understand the concepts, and practice some more. No one gets “exceptionally good” at something overnight.

On 2019-05-08 at 9:58 AM, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

I'm curious... does one have to be exceptionally good at drawing and/or art, or, if born without the talent, could this guide help (talentless) people like me get started?

All of the pros did fundamental art study to at least some extent. Talentless people can be just as good as those with talent given enough tenacity and effort over time. Even someone with talent has to do this, no one is born with the technical skills needed for your work to match the idea in your head, something all of us have to learn

On 2019-05-10 at 12:01 AM, Waterbeacon said:

If I wanted to setup a preview in Sketchfab is there a way to use the tintmask or do I apply the colour myself? If so what blending option would I use to get accurate results? 

Hitsu San made a plugin for that, look for HSD Validate