Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Pains Bounties; Liberate Grineer Camp; solo

I'm not sure if this belongs here but I think I found something that doesn't work like you guys wanted. When paying solo on the plains the bounty to capture and hold a Grineer camp is often impossible. 

The "control" percentage constantly ticks down (about 3% per second)  whether or not there are enemies present. Playing solo, not enough enemies spawn and make it into the area to count toward positive control when killed to complete the bounty. 

Additionally the highlighted area on the map is huge, and not all enemies killed in this area are counting towards positive control, most notably enemies still on drop ships or some enemies outside of a cave, if a cave is the controlled area. 

I love this game and generally pains bounties are a lot of fun, but if I get "Liberate a Grineer Camp" while playing solo, it is more often than not an exercise in frustration as I frantically swing my sniper rifle from end to end of the area picking off Grineer the second I see them... and still fail. 

As always, thank you for the fantastic game. 

Using Enemy Radar might help to track down the enemies.  Also, they tend to come towards the center of the base, so it's good to move out to catch some then come back towards the center to pick off as many as you can.  I, generally, do not have an issue with this type of bounty.

like r3d p01nt says - enemy radar/animal instinct etc help.  The enemies are there, you're just not seeing them.  Huge AoE or Aggo abilities (Max range octavia, saryn, Mag, etc will also help find them - if you dont kill them with the abilities, you can look around to see where the damage ticks are coming from.

Now I will add that if you are defending an area IN a cave or above a cave solo you may just well leave off the last "O" in solo because you'll be SoL as you might not be able to get in and out fast enough to kill them. (The area by the water on the left is one of my most hated.).

There is also an area that is above a cave but the cave entrance is not within the bounds of the area you are to defend.  You can be SoL here too as  you will fail for abandoning the mission objective if you try to go to the cave entrance.  This is especially fun when you have to find caches and some are inside the cave and some are above it. I'm sure its not SUPPOSED to happen, but it does anyway with annoying frequency and if you are solo on this its also an auto fail when you abandon the area just to get in or out of the ave.

vor 21 Stunden schrieb (XB1)LunarDreamer:

When paying solo on the plains the bounty to capture and hold a Grineer camp is often impossible. 

This is wrong.

You need to move around instead of staying in the first area.

During the solo version at least 3 different hunting Areas spawn with a slight delay after another.

Not only that, but killing anemies not in the designated areas also count.

22 hours ago, (XB1)LunarDreamer said:

I'm not sure if this belongs here but I think I found something that doesn't work like you guys wanted. When paying solo on the plains the bounty to capture and hold a Grineer camp is often impossible. 

The "control" percentage constantly ticks down (about 3% per second)  whether or not there are enemies present. Playing solo, not enough enemies spawn and make it into the area to count toward positive control when killed to complete the bounty. 

Additionally the highlighted area on the map is huge, and not all enemies killed in this area are counting towards positive control, most notably enemies still on drop ships or some enemies outside of a cave, if a cave is the controlled area. 

I love this game and generally pains bounties are a lot of fun, but if I get "Liberate a Grineer Camp" while playing solo, it is more often than not an exercise in frustration as I frantically swing my sniper rifle from end to end of the area picking off Grineer the second I see them... and still fail. 

As always, thank you for the fantastic game. 

There is one, a large one that covers a Grineer base around a mountain top camp and heavily armed base of the mountain camp; that one can often fail with little or no warning while spawning enemies outside the bounds of the mission or within the immense distance that you can't easily defend. The coastal camp often has at least one squad inside the cave at the cave side dock.