Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stuck with scanner

(XBOX)Kiwinator8350

Question

It's probably really dumb, but when I use the synthesis scanner and I want to go back to my primary weapon the Y button doesn't work. So I have to melee and then press Y wich works in this case. But now the real problem is when I don't have a melee weapon equiped : I just can't get back to primary weapon and I'm stuck with the scanner. I think it's a bug on console because it only happened when the new melee system arrived, but I'm not sure and I don't really want to put it in bug report because It could simply be me being REALLY dumb (like most of the time).

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, (PS4)The_Verethragna said:

If you open your gear wheel and action on the scanner again, it'll unequip it.

That does work, but I hope that it is still looked into. It's very inconvenient for quick scanning or even unexpectedly being attacked while scanning. The "infinite" gear wheel can leave you searching between cycles of items to get back to it while being shot at. It wasn't an issue before the melee update which makes me think it is an unintended change.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

That does work, but I hope that it is still looked into. It's very inconvenient for quick scanning or even unexpectedly being attacked while scanning. The "infinite" gear wheel can leave you searching between cycles of items to get back to it while being shot at. It wasn't an issue before the melee update which makes me think it is an unintended change.

Agreed. I miss being able to quick melee with the Tranq Rifle/Mining Tool/Fishing Spear in hand and go right back to what I was doing without opening the gear wheel again.