Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excavation Mission Power Cell Drop Rate

MojoAkimbo

I have to play the game solo often so that I can pause(medical reasons). I've found that when I go into any Excavation Missions this way, the Power Cell Carrier enemy spawns are very bad. Reeeeeally bad in a frustrating way. And the longer I play the mission, the more high level enemies spawn(instead of Cell Carriers?) so that I end up defending a halted excavator for 10 minutes or more, killing a ton of enemies, just praying and hoping for a cell that lasts about 15 seconds or so and then I kill a ton more enemies for 10 minutes again, halted, praying for another cell....

I know this is a 1st world problem here & I shouldn't complain, but it's frustrating for me in a game that I like to play to relax. I don't mind the grind, but this is abnormal and it seems like such an easy fix: add more cell carriers or have other enemy types drop the power cells too. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this because they don't solo these missions, but if you could take a look at this issue and see what I mean, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

When I was farming cryotic for the Sibear, I kept getting this issue since I'm a solo player also. The same thing carries over to excavation arbitrations. It's worse for arbitration since you need so many to fully power the excavator. The one thing that bothers me the most is you get spammed with cells in the first couple excavators then after that every enemy gets stuck in some random corner and makes it more difficult. I can't exactly back track to get power cells since they seem to despawn pretty quickly. An example of this, I was on Heiracon: 

WnrSiaR.jpg

Same here, so when an excavator is done I try to preserve the enemies still with me and lead them on to the next one. Then I'll only frag them as close as possible to the new site without activating it until enought cells have dropped first. But it does takes longer to accumulate cells with each succesive attempt until I eventually grow tired of waiting and quit, so yeah...

I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. Maybe I should use a timer to see how long it takes to get one excavator finished when the mission starts getting stingy with the cells like this. I would guess it's about 30 minutes. I refuse to believe that this is intentionally so slow. ~30 minutes for 100 cryotic.

Same issue. For Cryotic i only take low level ones as there seems to be an abundance of energy cells compared to the higher level and Infested in general are better because the carriers won't get that easy stuck. I use Gara or Limbo, that way i can at least get around without the extractor evaporating in a few seconds.