The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Play Warframe Discord

Soverign92

I recently joined the Play Warframe Discord. I am confused though as to why there are no channels anyone can type in. What exactly is the point in having a discord server for the community if noone can type anywhere in it? Does it serve any actual purpose? 

It posts news, hyperlinks to Players Helping Players on the Forums, giveaways, the ability to buy stuff through the Discord store, etc. It is not like the WFCD. DE has the server as a resource, not a social hub.

I have wondered the same, but it seems like it's an unilateral announcement system. My guess is that DE is figuring out how to moderate that place to prevent the pitfalls of the previous, unaffiliated iterations. Maybe @[DE]Rebecca can shine light on the intentions and plans for the PlayWarframe Discord here, in an announcement thread, or on the next DevStream.

1 minute ago, Voltage said:

It posts news, hyperlinks to Players Helping Players on the Forums, giveaways, the ability to buy stuff through the Discord store, etc. It is not like the WFCD. DE has the server as a resource, not a social hub.

this. if you want to talk to people just join the community one

Maybe she can but I doubt she will. I have not had the best of luck getting any answers about anything I have tried to ask to DE so I have stopped attempting to contact them about anything. I am not sure it would evolve into a version of the Dev Stream chat if they managed it correctly. The Dev team are on other discord servers I am on and people aren't blowing them up over there. 

3 minutes ago, Jivy said:

this. if you want to talk to people just join the community one

1 minute ago, Soverign92 said:

The Dev team are on other discord servers I am on and people aren't blowing them up over there. 

The funny thing, that "other one", the "community" server is the exact reason why DE made their own Discord; to disavow the server that is not under DE's control, due to mounting controversy of and on that server and with its administration.

8 minutes ago, Ced23Ric said:

The funny thing, that "other one", the "community" server is the exact reason why DE made their own Discord; to disavow the server that is not under DE's control, due to mounting controversy of and on that server and with its administration.

And the way to do that is by creating an official server that noone except the chosen few can talk on anywhere? It seems kind of pointless to me. They even have rules on the discord which you can't even break since you can't talk on it anyways.