Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My thoughts on how leveling should work.

(XBOX)Architect Prime

Instant 3 levels when you forma per polarized slot. That means that, if you fill all ten polarity slots, you would get 30 instant levels when you forma. I know it sounds insane, but you deserve more QOL the more you put in. It's still quite a few forma... Might actually encourage more forma use. $_$. In the case of that being implemented, I think that the capacity gained per mastery rank would best be removed in the name of not having the numbers in a messy state. What about incentive for MR increase? How about 3% faster construction speed (foundry) per MR? Alternatively, it could be +3 instant levels per MR. So, only by reaching MR30, would you be able to insta-forma. In the scenario of NO directly increased grinding speed from MR advancement, I'd say that it would be ideal to give half the affinity every time you polarize. That means that you'd go like 20 - 10 - 5 - 2.5 - 1.25 and so on (as an example). Also, the mastery sigil should be based on your most used gear. If I use 40% ember prime, 20% opticor, and so on - I should have a mr sigil with fancy flames and the same kind of thing for the other gear. It would be informative, pretty unique per person, but would also be an art project at the studio. 

This is just my opinion. Don't lose your mind over it please. 

Or it should be based on how many missions you've completed. More experience gained from harder contents such as Eidolons, Profit-Taker, Sorties, ESO, Arbitration (they can implement MR restriction [or other restriction like requiring an amp...as in you've completed the process of talking to Quill Onkko, before having access to Eidolon bounty] to prevent leechers going unprepared just for that sweet, sweet exp gain). Soloing should give a slight increase in exp since that means you're pretty good on your own ("mastery" is the keyword). Ranking up on syndicates should also provide a moderate amount of exp, and then a large chunk of exp upon attaining max rank. 
Leveling items and using forma on it can still provide exp, because it still a form of progression, but it should be lesser than doing missions, see it as additional exp rather than the only way of attaining exp (which is the current system we have now).

37 minutes ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

So, only by reaching MR30, would you be able to insta-forma

Well... If we think about it this already happens on a more toned down note... Because at MR30 you will have all 30 mod points at your disposal with no need for leveling unless you further want to polarize. Then there's the added issue that veterans are already bored as is, and the forma process is still one of the things giving people somthing to do by perfecting builds or building niche weapons. And we already know what bored people do, don't we?

So nice idea on paper, and I personally wouldn't mind it since I can be pretty lazy at times, but I think this would bring more disadvantages than advantages. At least the way I see it.

The whole "leveling" process is quite redundant. One Hydron or ESO run and done. It´s similar appealing as a 30 min timer until you can apply the next forma.

In my opinion leveling just needs a better integration into standard gameplay including an overhaul for affinity/focus mechanics. Also your weapons should´t get a reset at all. Instead the level cap should be increased per forma or something.

Edited by Arcira

I don't see how this would be better in any way unless you were something like mr 5.

The early levels barely take any xp  so you aren't really going to get much out of starting a bit higher until you have already formad it a ton.

Letting you actually put mods on a weapon/warframe when you start using it and keeping pretty much your whole build after a forma is a massive benefit that you would lose though.

Foundry construction speed really doesn't matter at all outside of forma and you would still basically be limited to 1/day, the only benefit would be not having the time you build it slowly drift later and later.

I'm not sure what you are talking about with the +3 levels per MR because that would make you be able to forma instantly at only level 9 or 10