Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sudden death in JC boss fight

Gunner6011

Question

In some phases of Jovian Concord boss (whose name I can't spell even for free plat) my Rhino Prime got suddenly downed from full HP/Sheild/Iron Skin. Somethimes that happens just after cutscene of boss raming in cental battle area and before he fully rise in air.

Is this a bug or a feature? And can this be avoided?

3 answers to this question

The Ropalolyst has a twin laser that is functionally an instant death, with nothing that I've seen thus far actually able to absorb a hit beyond invincibility.  Sometimes the dangly bits at the bottom, which actually fire the lasers, can activate during the cutscene.  I've gotten into the habit of spamming the dodge roll immediately, as the spawned amalgams and the like also have the tendency to ignore the cutscenes and do huge damage.

Regarding this being a feature...it's an instant death with little warning and no ability to avoid.  I would like to call this a bug, but anyone who has done an Tridolon capture has noted that 18+ months later (post PoE release), there are still instant kills in the fights which aren't telegraphed.  The logic is you have "high level content," so it must be done in a team, or it must be done with a cheese capable frame.  It isn't a bug....if it never gets fixed.  Hopefully this is a bug, and DE fixes it.  

I would say it's a bug, as many of the other flydolon bugs. Most notably because most of the time, his feet go into the platform and you can't even see him firing the lasers and because you are instagibbed before you get control of your warframe back.