Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Affinity pickup is useless

Lazarow

Having only 100 affinity on pickup is really useless I can easily get that within a few second on a higer level mission, for warframes its 900k and for weapons 450k affinity required to max it, so these pickup do not provide 0.1% of what we need to get. I suggest a boost to the affinity gain to a few thousand 2-3 to me somewhat worth having.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

Well... 0,1 > 0,0...

So, whould you prefer to not have those 0,1?

I recently started a new account on the Switch and on low level, these things are definitly always welcome.

I rather ammo or something or the get a buff

Edited by AwkwardLazarow

I'd want these to be a consumable resource tbh, you collect them throughout your gameplay, and you reach that disappointing annoying point of having only needing a few XP points to reach an item to 30 (and you will, you always will), you pop a few of these bad boys and tada!...saves you the trouble of spending a few min in a whatever mission just to max an item 

• Like 3

On 2019-05-27 at 1:52 PM, GinKenshin said:

I'd want these to be a consumable resource tbh, you collect them throughout your gameplay, and you reach that disappointing annoying point of having only needing a few XP points to reach an item to 30 (and you will, you always will), you pop a few of these bad boys and tada!...saves you the trouble of spending a few min in a whatever mission just to max an item 

just jump into orb vallis or plains and kill a few things..

making it a resource removes the extra grind, which goes against the game design.

they would much rather have you grind for 1 hour to get 100 affinity, than make a resource to eliminate that 1 hour of play time.

9 minutes ago, 5p33dy_01 said:

just jump into orb vallis or plains and kill a few things..

making it a resource removes the extra grind, which goes against the game design.

they would much rather have you grind for 1 hour to get 100 affinity, than make a resource to eliminate that 1 hour of play time.

ummm, what?

it's 100 affinity, you're not removing any grind here. you're just not gonna do a capture mission to get a few more hundred XP points to reach max, that's what you're saving. you're overestimating this here >__>

wtf would you grind 1 hour when you could just do a 1-2min mission to get it? 

1 minute ago, GinKenshin said:

ummm, what?

it's 100 affinity, you're not removing any grind here. you're just not gonna do a capture mission to get a few more hundred XP points to reach max, that's what you're saving. you're overestimating this here >__>

wtf would you grind 1 hour when you could just do a 1-2min mission to get it? 

it was an example and it was based on my point about how they want people to play more..

they would prefer you to spend more time playing (grinding) than make a resource that reduces the amount you play...

say you farm 450k or 900k worth of affinity as a consumable resource, now you don't need to play for say 1 hour to level a frame or 2 weapons, because you just used a resource to boost that time you would have been playing.

3 minutes ago, 5p33dy_01 said:

it was an example and it was based on my point about how they want people to play more..

your point is correct, they do want that, but this isn't the best example of how to do it 

3 minutes ago, 5p33dy_01 said:

they would prefer you to spend more time playing (grinding) than make a resource that reduces the amount you play...

like I said, I don't think you're understanding what I'm talking about...you literally need 1 capture mission to get a few XP points to make something that is half-way or more till it reaches 30, this is the very specific situation I'm talking about and nothing else

4 minutes ago, 5p33dy_01 said:

say you farm 450k or 900k worth of affinity as a consumable resource, now you don't need to play for say 1 hour to level a frame or 2 weapons, because you just used a resource to boost that time you would have been playing.

but.....you can't actually farm these, it's a chance drop from breaking containers or opening lockers. read the situation I mentioned and try again >__>

10 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

your point is correct, they do want that, but this isn't the best example of how to do it 

like I said, I don't think you're understanding what I'm talking about...you literally need 1 capture mission to get a few XP points to make something that is half-way or more till it reaches 30, this is the very specific situation I'm talking about and nothing else

but.....you can't actually farm these, it's a chance drop from breaking containers or opening lockers. read the situation I mentioned and try again >__>

i completely understand what you're saying.

you can farm them though (if they are a resource), i have come across them in containers very often and know how useless they are.

you open a container and get 100-200 affinity... you kill the 1 mob chasing you, you get 300-1k+ affinity.

the hp and energy drops from containers are also useless sometimes.
why not also make those a resource too and part of a requirement to build squad restore packs.

the credits drop in containers is also useless
why not increase that to 2.5k, 5k 7.5k and 10k

all these things might seem useless to you as you rank up.

but think of the people starting out too

100-200 affinity is more than the 50-60 affinity they get from 1 mob.
the hp and energy are useful in some situations when you need it.
the credits are just bad (even for people starting out)

here is probably the most logical solution
all container drops should scale either mission level based or enemy level based.
either increased chances for better drops or at least much higher drop quantities.