Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How / when should I join a clan

(PSN)Teamwhocares

Question

I am still a new player and I am still trying to understand the clan feature.  That being said when should I join a clan?  What benefits do you get for joining a clan?  I just finished Phobos and i am master rank 4 at the moment.  Any advise would be greatly appreciated.  

7 answers to this question

Sooner or later your going to want to join a clan, what clan depends on how you like to play. The benefits are the BP that you can only get in a dojo, but also people to play with, get to know ext. If you a more solo player, clan mates can help guide you and answer questions. There are casual clans and really serious clans, and clans in between. Just check out recruitment chat, there are always clans looking for members.

Clans are needed to gather and craft a wide range of weapons frames archwings and specialty components. I made my own solo clan and started working on the researching over a month ago rather early in my accounts life. Since then i got 4 friends in it but outside 1 friend im the only one working on the research.

As to the when you should join a clan. I would say join or make a clan whenever you are ready you can easily shoot up to mastery rank 14+ without ever touching a clan if you so choose so its not a exact particular need. 

As to the how i would say peruse recruiting chat in game and state you are looking to join a clan open to teaching a new player. That should help you find a helpful tenno willing to show you the ropes.

It's up to you when, you can even start a solo clan and just get all the blueprints on your own.

Imo is really good to be in one as a new player because of the help you can get.

For the how, check recruit chat ingame, check the clan section of the forum or check on discord.gg/warframe the unofficial discord where many of the players are in, I think there are clan recruit channels for all the platforms

If you plan to do open world (Fortuna/Orb Vallis, Cetus/PoE) you will need the archwing launcher segment and a better archwing than the default from the Dojo. There is a segment for cats / dog but it is also a common drop on Saturn  / Sedna defense missions. Which would put you in the sooner timeline. There is a a bunch of useful frames, weapons, and items but not something that you have to have to complete the start chart. Mods and a decent weapon form the market can get you there too.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Teamwhocares said:

I am still a new player and I am still trying to understand the clan feature. 

It is a blueprints database, for the most part. The biggest benefit is a large collection of weapon, warframe, sentinel, and archwing blueprints that are not obtainable otherwise without spending platinum.

That being said when should I join a clan?

As soon as possible, or just create your own. From the menu, select Communication, Clan, then Start your own clan if you want to start your own. From there, you craft a Dojo key for access to the Dojo, build some Reactors and connector halls, then the Oracle, then the various Labs that grant access to blueprints (research required).

I created a clan on the first or second day of my PC account, having learned how it all worked on Xbox One. It’s not too difficult.