Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is saying "Trap" so offensive/bad?

(PSN)AstralSaiyan

Last week I was watching a Warframe stream (PS4@4) and the subject of a Nezha prime came up and I jokingly said "No Trap Prime ;)" in hopes the wink face would make it obvious it was a joke. I was then banned from channel. I can still watch but not chat. I also keep whispering every stream if it would be possible to get unbanned but no reply. I just don't understand how it is offensive when everyone even some warframe partners joke about Nezha. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)MegaToxic said:

People who make a big deal over "search forum" are annoying. Yeah there may be a thread that has the same form of topic but can be totally different. 

You wanna know what's annoying?

People who don't look things up because they honestly think they're the first person ever come up with that specific flavor of stupid. 

It's people pretending that it dehumanizes transgendered folk despite it never being intended to refer to them and, in reality, was taken as a compliment by the ones who initially decided to co-opt the term.

DE, naturally, needs to cover their rear ends so they ban any use of the term in public chats so they can avoid any backlash, though all backlash seems to come from people speaking in the place of those who are, "affected," by it. Don't blame the company. Blame the culture that they're trying to operate within.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

It's people pretending that it dehumanizes transgendered folk despite it never being intended to refer to them and, in reality, was taken as a compliment by the ones who initially decided to co-opt the term.

DE, naturally, needs to cover their rear ends so they ban any use of the term in public chats so they can avoid any backlash, though all backlash seems to come from people speaking in the place of those who are, "affected," by it. Don't blame the company. Blame the culture that they're trying to operate within.

I don't blame DE, its just annoying getting banned for something so ridiculous and not getting any kind of reply back. Think people need to stop getting so offended about everything.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)MegaToxic said:

Why does it bother you so much? Its a forum man, so what if a certain topic is used more than once. It would only be a big deal if the same topic was just posted right after the other. Think maybe you should chill out there. Also what the hell does FTFY mean?

Oh, I'm super chill.  Got my cape on and everything. 

You're the one getting upset.  Maybe you should chill, man.

FTFY = Fixed That For You

And if you'd bothered to look it up, even after I posted, you'd know why this specific topic has gotten the response it has.  Buuut I guess the flower of common sense didn't bloom in your garden this season.

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

Oh, I'm super chill.  Got my cape on and everything. 

You're the one getting upset.  Maybe you should chill, man.

FTFY = Fixed That For You

And if you'd bothered to look it up, even after I posted, you'd know why this specific topic has gotten the response it has.  Buuut I guess the flower of common sense didn't bloom in your garden this season.

I don't know, if it didn't bother you, you wouldn't have posted at all. But hey every forum has someone like you. Ah and before you can post it let me do it for you, "And every forum has someone like you". There we go all settled, now you can be on your way and find someone else not using the search forum. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)MegaToxic said:

I don't know, if it didn't bother you, you wouldn't have posted at all. But hey every forum has someone like you. Ah and before you can post it let me do it for you, "And every forum has someone like you". There we go all settled, now you can be on your way and find someone else not using the search forum. 

Ah, don't worry, I found like, 7 already.

Also, you shouldn't start a business as a psychic, you're really bad at it.

• Like 2