The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Master Control of Transference

Ok, so this is a dumb idea, but imagine starting off missions as just your tenno and when you use transference a gearwheel with your warframes in it appears and you can switch in between frames. So it's like an omnitrix, but its a framenitrix. Your tenno can use your weapons and you hold "weapon change button" to equip amp, since melee is just melee button now. I think this would be crazy fun, but also very hard to master,

• Like 1

I would imagine the recoil on some of the weapons we have access to will blow the arm off your operator. The operator wasn't meant to hold warframe-based weaponry. They are kids. The frames were designed for them to focus their void power through, and weapons were more then likely designed with the frames' enhanced strength and durability in mind.

That said, being able to swap between frames/loadouts mid mission would be cool, albeit OP as all hell. It would also probably be a fair bit complicated for DE to pull off with minimal performance or lag spikes. We already get lag spikes when we use vapor-thru-cosmic specters in heavy combat situations.

22 minutes ago, (XB1)Furious Kaiser said:

I would imagine the recoil on some of the weapons we have access to will blow the arm off your operator.

I mean, we apparently can't die even if multiple rockets hit us at the same time, so what's the loss of an arm?

2 hours ago, Renegade343 said:

I mean, we apparently can't die even if multiple rockets hit us at the same time, so what's the loss of an arm?

yup true, I mean even thou you lose an arm, there is always robotic limbs to replace it if your arm is completely destroyed.

Operator: Can withstand the immense force of the Void firing from their very hands.
Players: Operators wouldn't be able to hold our warframe's weapons, they'd recoil too hard and damage their fragile childlike bodies.
Operator: "Am I a joke to you?"

Jokes aside, we are quite powerful "children" sporting immense amount of void energy. Ordis comments that our raw void powers could damage the hull of the Orbiter.  Are our physical bodies tough too? Considering the possibility that a player can focus defensively with their Focus school, and become tankier than most Warframes, yes. I'd say our physical bodies could be augmented by the very void energy that flows through us. Would a gun be of much issue at that point? The void tears through everything, minds and bodies. It is a poison so lethal that it burns through some of the toughest armor in the system. Wielding a gun would be of no concern to such an individual who wield such power. Plus, we're smart. I'm 100% certain that we could find a way to wield these weapons. Plenty of recoil free beam and laser weapons out there. Slap that Spectra Vandal in your hands and have fun.

As for the whole, summoning Warframes at our will, picking and choosing which one to pull from the Orbiter whenever we feel like, that'd probably take some serious training. But I imagine considering we can toss ourselves through space at will to our Warframe from the comfort of our chair in the Orbiter, I'd imagine doing the reverse wouldn't be too difficult for the determined Tenno. Gameplay-wise, it would utterly break any tension or fear. Imagine being able to pull any Warframe at any time. 

Spoiler

Dragging along Umbra and then pulling out any other frame? Basically doubling the firepower output in one mission? Truly no foe would dare to fight us at that point.