Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exodia Contagion: Feels clunky....

(PSN)Black-Cat-Jinx

Can we maybe instead just use the physic that already exists for sigma octantis? Casts instead of slam attacks when used in the air? Or... You know, just casts when you do a heavy attack? 

IT doesn't feel.... Horrible... In it's current state?.... It just feels a bit clunky in a way that makes it harder to aim than it needs to be. Just a thought.... 

• Like 1

i'm confused since Contagion is an Air Melee after Bullet Jump or Double Jump. and it goes towards the direction that the Camera was pointed at the time of the Air Melee.

meanwhile for Epidemic, triggering from a Ground Smash is.... the logical choice since it is mainly featuring levitating Enemies. Enemies are almost always on the ground, so being at the ground is a pretty good position for it.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

Can we maybe instead just use the physic that already exists for sigma octantis? Casts instead of slam attacks when used in the air?

It's got self-damage, so the added "clunky" safety features that (should*) prevent accidental use and thus suicide are ~fair enough, IMO.

* = I say should, because auto-blocking can actually trigger the conditions and cause you to blow yourself up, which is ... DE why

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

It's got self-damage, so the added "clunky" safety features that (should*) prevent accidental use and thus suicide are ~fair enough, IMO.

* = I say should, because auto-blocking can actually trigger the conditions and cause you to blow yourself up, which is ... DE why

Something I've learned from other topics is that the entire doctrine of self damage or "enforced suicide" as a punishment for using certain weapons is a violently divisive topic... There appears to be no midground on the subject. Personally, I find the exodia to be a fun physic that isn't by any means a "Game changer"...

If the "problem" that is "forcing" de to make bad mechanics decisions is self harm, then maybe they need to change their position on enforced suicide. At least on things like glaives and this zaw exodia... Toncor and ogris I'm fine...

Edited by (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx

13 hours ago, taiiat said:

i'm confused since Contagion is an Air Melee after Bullet Jump or Double Jump. and it goes towards the direction that the Camera was pointed at the time of the Air Melee.

meanwhile for Epidemic, triggering from a Ground Smash is.... the logical choice since it is mainly featuring levitating Enemies. Enemies are almost always on the ground, so being at the ground is a pretty good position for it.

I am not confused as to how they function, I am finding that one of the two feels extremely clunky to actually use. And point of fact. Often does not function.

In testing I was able to make the physic not work multiple times in a row.

The best solution is to allow the player to cast from the ground using a powered attack or from the air just by pressing the melee button even if it would "normally" cause a slam attack, which, would also set up a good combo if you wanted to follow that projectile strike with a slam attack on the staggered enemies. 

I get how it's supposed to work, I'm just finding it doesn't always do so, and I think it could use some work or an overhaul to make the mechanic more fun to play with. 

17 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Auto Blocking when it's not atleast a one-handed action is just the best thing, isn't it?
getting stunlocked just by existing is great.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

Often does not function.

this isn't a problem that i know of, throws just fine as far as i know.
could you describe these situations that it doesn't work?

7 hours ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

At least on things like glaives

i'm not really sure how you're managing to hit yourself at all, let alone dying to your Glaive. you take about a third of its Damage to begin with, and it's definitely the most controllable Explosive Projectile since you can pretty much control where it goes.

4 hours ago, taiiat said:

Auto Blocking when it's not atleast a one-handed action is just the best thing, isn't it?
getting stunlocked just by existing is great.

this isn't a problem that i know of, throws just fine as far as i know.
could you describe these situations that it doesn't work?

i'm not really sure how you're managing to hit yourself at all, let alone dying to your Glaive. you take about a third of its Damage to begin with, and it's definitely the most controllable Explosive Projectile since you can pretty much control where it goes.

People die to their own glaives frequently enough that you never go more than a few weeks without someone coming to the forums to rant about it so clearly it happens enough that people get sick of it enough to go and scream about it. Usually happens because some random enemy was too close and got hit by a charged attack and exploded at point blank range, happens ALL the time on infested missions cause some tiny thing that wasn't even visible a moment ago suddenly jumped infront of you. Anyone who hasn't at some point screamed "what the hell did it hit that just instantly killed me?!" doesn't use glaives. 

As for "describe it" not sure what you want me to tell you. You double jump and press melee, it doesn't work. You bullet jump and press melee, it doesn't work. You double jump and aim and press melee, it doesn't work. I have been able to repeat situations on console where the thing just does not do what it's supposed to do. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Edited by (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx

On 2019-06-15 at 8:07 AM, NinjaZeku said:

If only self-damage was capped at a considerable amount for all weapons instead of basically discouraging people to use the weapons or items in the first place, something reasonable like 150-250.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

Usually happens because some random enemy was too close and got hit by a charged attack and exploded at point blank range, happens ALL the time on infested missions cause some tiny thing that wasn't even visible a moment ago suddenly jumped infront of you.

Anyone who hasn't at some point screamed "what the hell did it hit that just instantly killed me?!" doesn't use glaives. 

what. that's literally impossible. the Glaive will either pierce the Enemy if you have PT and travel further than an Enemy that's at point blank Range, or it will bounce off of them and go somewhere else, because the travel distance is much longer than just a few inches.

my Glaive is one of my most used Weapons in the game. not most used Melee, most used Weapon. the only times i can even Damage myself with it at all, is when i DELIBERATELY detonate it immediately after i throw it, to Damage myself for fun.
when i'm attacking Enemies with it, there is only one possible situation that i could accidentally hit myself with it. and that is if Quick Return is not Equipped and/or Rebound is Equipped, you're in a small room and it bounces around quickly but never actually gains any distance from you, and then the automatic Explosion hits you if you have Power Throw Equipped.
that's literally the only way you can actually Damage yourself with it by accident.

you described situation is impossible. if you had Quick Return Equipped, so that it wouldn't bounce (so it could not go past that first Enemy), and didn't have Power Throw Equipped which would have pierced the Enemy, then the Explosion is ONLY MANUAL DETONATION. which means it's impossible to accidentally hit yourself because you had to instruct your Glaive to detonate at that position.

6 hours ago, taiiat said:

what. that's literally impossible.

I'm happy that you have never had that experience, it happens to me quite frequently. And not from premature detonation. 

I know you've been around for a while but I'm sorry you can't just state that someone else's experiences are invalid just because you haven't personally experienced them. 

6 hours ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

you can't just state that someone else's experiences are invalid just because you haven't personally experienced them. 

it's not from not seeing it myself, but from it being physically impossible outside of the one scenario that i created where Power Throw is Equipped and it rapidly bounces in a very small room so that it detonates closeby the Player without intention.

if it is that one scenario, i'm dubious of how often you're actually experiencing it but it could happen, yes.