Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For The Love Of Orokin, Buff The Latron Prime!

.solitus

It is a Prime weapon, yet nowdays I see everyone walkin down and firin' everything else wi a mastery rank 3 weapon whose BP is available from the market and doesn't need any orokin cells to create. DE should not focus on the newer weapons, they should take a look at older weapons and give them appropriate buff. One of the long forgotten weapon is the Latron Prime.

Suggestion :

1. Add the critical chance to 25% and critical damage to somewhere 175% (still lower than the soma), making it the first Prime Crit weapon.

2. Or, alternatively, add the base damage to 60. It's semi-automatic and requires each click to shot, is 60 base damage too much to ask for?

3. Or at the really least, if no stat change are done, at least make the damage armor ignore.

The Latron Prime is slowly being forgotten and it doesn't meant to be a forgotten weapon, right? The thing is, objectively I cannot disagree that Soma is way better than this gun. However, I really hope Latron Prime gets some buffs. It's the first Craftable Prime Weapon in the game, give it some love.

Thank you.

Edited by XTenno

There are tons of weapons that are not being used at all except for Mastery (Longswords, Single Daggers, etc). It's not only restricted to Latron Prime. Also the armor revamp might fix the issues with Latron Prime being not that effective same with other weapons.

Well i do agree about the OP. I think it holds a place as one of the first craftable primes released....

But im sure reaper prime is having an even worse time, especially with the advent of ether reaper, which is cheaper and better in all aspect.

Also it is a prime weapon....i personally think that latron and reaper prime both needs some buffs.

Would be nice if both prime and normal latron got a bit of a buff.

I'm a big fan of semi automated non-sniper class rifles and I'm kind of sad that the game has only one such weapon(excluding the prime version).

That or they will probably get the HERE'S A DIRECT UPGRADE treatment that the burston and grakata got.

Edited by Cabadath5

Why buff an old weapon when they can turn out a new one...I think Design Council already saw a new Tenno Sniper Rifle in works a few weeks ago.

I suspect that the Latron Prime and all the first tier weapons will more or less stay the same, the newer tier weapons, like the Soma and Dakra will become the standard.

This also forces us to use more forma and potatoes since the old weapons won't be able to compare to the new weapons damage.

I bet Armor 2.0 will help force players into having to update their gear every tier level. Eventually the Boltor won't be viable at all.

I'd go for more increasing it's raw damage than it's crit chance, but it does need something. Latron prime does 50, same as Vasto, if memory serves. That seems odd. I mean, the Vasto is nearly a hand-cannon, but Latron is a rifle. You know, something actually built for firing large( r ) caliber rounds.

Edited by XanaSkullpulper

Why buff an old weapon when they can turn out a new one...I think Design Council already saw a new Tenno Sniper Rifle in works a few weeks ago.

I suspect that the Latron Prime and all the first tier weapons will more or less stay the same, the newer tier weapons, like the Soma and Dakra will become the standard.

I bet Armor 2.0 will help force players into having to update their gear every tier level. Eventually the Boltor won't be viable at all.

I always thought prime weapons were supposed to be a bit strong tho. They are the original orokin weapons, and tenno are kinda using scraps and salvages for their gear right now(compared to the orokin era of course) at least thats what i read.

Also latron isnt a sniper rifle. Its more of a in-between, having higher mag size/fire rate than snipers but lacking accuracy and damage. It's one of those weapons that can be used as mid-long range supporting rifle imo.

I think the biggest problem is DE's inconsistency.  I might be alone on this, but should not weapons with the same tags in their names share a similar trait?

Take the Ether brand - if the point is the cut through any material, and you make two of them do Serrated Blade, make them all do SB damage.  If the Wraith is meant to be a new "Prime" type, follow through on the main change between the Strun and the Strun Wraith - Crit viability.  And if that is the case, I would give all Prime weapons a flat Damage and say maybe Fire Rate buff that was balance over x seconds (under the assumption of perfect accuracy).

Regardless of my opinion, all I can say to the OP is that the Devs are reviewing all weapons as part of Armor 2.0 and it is very likely how your Latron Prime works now and then after A2.0 drops will be different.  Hopefully for the better, because I've always loved the feel of carbines in shooter games.

I like the ideas in this thread, quite a few good points about the ether weapons and the prime weapons needing to be more consistant. they should be better than the original versions imo. Also, the latron prime is a nice weapon, its reliable, but not even close to viable in anything over say lvl 40-50. The vasto do much more damage than the latron prime over time and considering its a rifle, imo it should be way stronger. Though I personally would leave the fire rate alone, as it gives a good realistic rifle feel to it.

And buff the damn receiver drop rate, after I don;t know how many runs I still don't have that damn thing.

And how did DE make the Kunai better than the latron (prime)?
We all know that the moment a player buys a throwing weapon, they pretty much discard all the other weapons and only use them situationally (when they run out of ammo or for mastery points)

And buff the damn receiver drop rate, after I don;t know how many runs I still don't have that damn thing.

And how did DE make the Kunai better than the latron (prime)?

We all know that the moment a player buys a throwing weapon, they pretty much discard all the other weapons and only use them situationally (when they run out of ammo or for mastery points)

[i wanted to send this but I fell asleep]

The reason is because Kunai and Despair are armor ignore and armor pierce based damage. With current armor system being utterly stupid and scales ridiculously it makes armor ignore and armor pierce weapons more desirable. Armor pierce and armor ignore are the only damage types that completely bypass the reduction in damage, though armor pierce does not reduce specific enemy resistances like Infested being more resistant to AP damage, keep in mind though that resistance does not scale unlike armor. 

(Ak)bolto was a semi-auto weapon it got affected big time when the client had low fps making the firerate really slow. Thus it became less desirable to use.

Kunai and Despair fire full-auto. Which is very desirable since people don't want their finger to hurt. Also due to the special damage type it scales extremely well. Acrid has a trade-off: Instead of full-auto it has DoT that also ignores armor and it actually stacks.

Edited by R3leaZ

There are tons of weapons that are not being used at all except for Mastery (Longswords, Single Daggers, etc). It's not only restricted to Latron Prime. Also the armor revamp might fix the issues with Latron Prime being not that effective same with other weapons.

it wont, want to try to use this weapon on light/unarmord targets? I want to see you try..

it wont, want to try to use this weapon on light/unarmord targets? I want to see you try..

Did you actually fully mod it? I can one shot a lot of enemies and bring down high level enemies pretty fast. Guns like these take advantage of how good you can aim at the weakspots.

Did you actually fully mod it? I can one shot a lot of enemies and bring down high level enemies pretty fast. Guns like these take advantage of how good you can aim at the weakspots.

It not worth using, everything a latron prime can do a seer/lex/vasto/D-vasto of equal mod level can vastly outperform it. It doesn't scale past level 50, it simply isn't worth using because it's damage starts taking multiple hits to drop a NPC past 60. This is even true with corpus, it is still better to use other weapons for precision shooting and there is never a time when a latron is superior to anything when it needs to fire more than 2-3 times to kill a light unit. 

Edited by LazyKnight