Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Veldt - discussion

SamMitter

Question

Dear tenno,

On my way to increase MR,i chose veldt a few days back. Although in my initial days i had a penchant for the weapon,but using ignis did took away my love for semi-auto for a time being. 

But after i played veldt,i find it fun. And want to do a good build off of it. But with 22% of both cc and sc,i am a bit confused what buuld i should do. Currently i made 2 one forma build(did forma it once more just now),one for status, with corrosive; another with high cc and cd,with corrosive.

Now this thread is basically for everything related to it,your experience,whether you like it or not,whether you think its not a 3-4forma worthy weapon,and most obviously but not only,your build.

🙂

Thanking you in advance.

6 answers to this question

The Veldt... Just finished the 3rd forma and quite like it, just a standard crit/Stat hibrid build with some punch trough really helps. 

Nothing too OP but works for "usual content", also that sound... :3

13 hours ago, Ahniar said:

also that sound... :3

you are so right...also it dismembers enemies, thats pretty cool too. I completed the 2 forma build today, will test it too, lets see. 

13 hours ago, Ahniar said:

just a standard crit/Stat hibrid build

my concern is whether that will make the effectiveness less. currently I am having two build, one with around 85 status, another around the same CC but high CD as well. not so sure if i can mix things up very well... 

It’s a fun but the weapon is weak imo. I have a 7 forma build with a riven for it and it just doesn’t compare to my other weapons. I do like the finesse of the single shot bolt action as well but don’t expect to go far with this weapon.

14 hours ago, SamMitter said:

Now this thread is basically for everything related to it,your experience,whether you like it or not,whether you think its not a 3-4forma worthy weapon,and most obviously but not only,your build.

For me, totally worth 12 forma and counting across two different Veldts. /veldt flex 😛 

It depends on where your priorities are.  It's not a great use of your time if you want to accumulate loot quickly and efficiently or pad kill stats.  Other than headshots and accuracy, that is, but if that's your primary goal, then snipers and the Prisma Grinlok would be more expedient choices with higher upsides in other areas.

But if you like the weapon and you're at a point where you mainly want to have fun using weapons you like...well the question answers itself.  Personally, I focused on other things first, and came back to the Veldt later.

As far as builds go, I'd use

Serration / Split Chamber / Point Strike / Vital Sense

(P)Shred / 60 / 60 /

...the last slot being a Primed Bane mod if applicable/fittable and Vigilante Armaments otherwise.  There is definitely a case for replacing Shred with Argon Scope too, but I enjoy punch through too much to do so.

23 hours ago, S0V3REiGN said:

It’s a fun but the weapon is weak imo

well, i have not yet tested it against more than lvl 100 enemies, but around lvl 70 or so, I was able to kill with relative ease though. I think you may bee right, and will ultimately render to be weak for anything beyond starchart level.But as you mentioned, it have some certain finesse, and has at least some necessary CC and Status chance to stand apart form other guns.

22 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

For me, totally worth 12 forma

Well, I probably wont go that far though. as of now the 2 forma build is working, but may be go for the 3rd one soon. 🙂

22 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

As far as builds go, I'd use

Well, this is actually the point. Currently I am having two separte build, one focused on CC, and the other on status. In the status one, I am using heat+ corrosive build (using the 60/60 mods like malignant force)  and rifle prowess. In the CC one, I am using point strike + vital sense along with only corrosive build.  Serration, vigilante armaments, and split chamber is common. I may go for a hybrid build, but i am a bit sceptical whether that will make the weapon slightly less powerful..

Just now, SamMitter said:

rifle prowess

If this is the status chance mod Rifle Aptitude, it's really not worth using unless you don't have anything else to slot.  Also--and maybe this is just because my coffee hasn't kicked in yet--but I'm only counting seven mods on your builds...what's the eighth?

I think you basically have to go crit and get good at headshots to eke the most out of the Veldt, since even if you get the status chance close to 100%, it just can't apply effects that quickly.  And it doesn't have enough of a slash bias to make bleed procs quite reliable enough.