Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Modular scopes for sniper rifles

TeaHawk

While discussing about recent riven changes narrowing sniper versatility and komorex weird magnification bonuses order I've came to the idea that maybe it's time to give snipers more choice in terms of magnification and bonuses. Currently we have only two mods affecting scope magnification: Eagle Eye (+40% zoom) and Aero Periphery (-50% zoom while aim gliding). These are extremly situational and snipers can hardly benefit from them. The only remaining option is rivens, but they keep being nerfed making zoom bonuses/penalties irrelevant.

At current state of the game, it's obvious that large magnification is more a burden than benefit on most of the mission due simply to map-design and spawn rate.

Giving players an opportunity to custimise at least magnification will greatly widen sniper versatility and improve gameplay overall without any balance issues.
There's not a big deal on adding an option in arsenal, as magnification scale variable already exists for every weapon.

Then, maybe it could be nice to have modular scopes giving different bonuses later in the game.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bullgrimwm said:

you realize of course the main reason they changed all these sniper rivens, was to try and stem the tide of people being able to 1-shot Eidelons 😛

I do. The problem is that it has not really changed Eidolon meta. You can still one-shot Eidolon using the same sniper rifle. Although these changes greatly affected main snipers like me.

I used my riven to reduce magnification and have a greater visibility. A simple magnification option in arsenal would fix all that. And I can't imagine anyone standing against this option.

• Like 1