Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)Limorkil

How to Not Be Constantly Out of Credits

Question

How do you keep from running out of credits all the time?   

I notice in YouTube videos that players have tens of millions of credits.  I know they are long time players, but I can’t help but feel I am doing something wrong.  

I tried running The Index, but I lose most of the time, so I end up with less credits that way.  I use Rhino and arca plasmor, and don’t really die much, but I run out of time a lot.  If I had lots of credits it wouldn’t matter if I lost, but when you are down to 50k it’s hard to risk losing it. If 

I run a Dark Sector every day, with the first mission bonus.  That gets me 50,000.  That might sound like a lot - 350,000 per week, but it soon goes because almost everything I have to make costs 25,000 and up.  

The only way I seem to make money is to not play.  Log on, do one Dark Sector, log off.  That can’t be right.  

Is there something else people do that pays reasonably well for the time invested?  Or do players just grind The Index?  

(I am always short of endo too. )

Capture missions used to give good credits.  

Index is probably the best but you need to find a decent team or just run on Public.  I think I've only been on a failing team twice since the game mode came out, and that was due to people dropping over lag issues.  

You can sell your Duplicate mods, Duplicate BP's from bosses, etc.  Oh, and the Dig Doge helps a tiny bit.

Dunno, I've never actively farmed for Credits and I have 113M right now. Just... passively playing the game.

Index is the best way anyway, try to find yourself a group on Recruitment chan, I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people running Index regularly (that'll be way more efficient in a group than in Solo I guess). Especially this week as there is an Index Nightwave challenge

Otherwise, even though I doubt you have access to, Profit Taker on Fortuna is kinda awesome too. that's 125k :credits: per kill, which can be doubled by Chroma effigy, and doubled again if the Thermia event is at the correct stage (+ eventual credit booster).

short answer: play a lot. seriously, anytime you aren't spending Credits, you are receiving them. so if you are playing a lot, you get a lot of Credits.

remember that you need to turn in Index Points in the Index to get more Time (and to actually win). so grab a good handful of Points at once, then do actually remember to turn them in.
the Profit-Taker fight is also an alternative to the Index.

but! Index and Profit-Taker aren't the only sources of good Credits. those are the most effective per minute, but you also don't all that much progression outside of that when playing them so it's not necessarily the most useful thing to do depending on what you need as a Player.
the first Mission of the day (that you win) can be taken advantage of for a lot of Mission Types (doesn't work for Index or Profit-Taker, though). this does work on Sorties too. and don't forget Arbitrations either. (in the past you could complete 2/3 Sortie stages and wait until the 'day' rolls over at 2000hrs EST to get the most out of that daily Bonus. i don't know specifically if it still works as i think something might have changed to prevent it? but i don't specifically remember either way)
Dark Sector Missions can offer a source of relatively high Credits while also getting other progression Rewards too. some Bounty Tiers can offer... passable amounts of Credits, and Onslaught has a pretty solid amount of Credits for reaching any Reward stage.

so then quite a few options for Missions that can offer good Credits while also still progressing in other ways too.

and ofcourse extra Blueprints and Mods you don't have a use for can be crushed for Credits. though you'll probably want the Mods for Fusion Energy most of the time. but they're plentiful either way, regardless of what you use them for. just remember that banked resources like this are only useful once you actually crush them, keeping them for the end of the universe doesn't get you anything.

also, particular Warframes aren't necessary for Index. this is me crossing my arms saying that they're far from highly important or necessary, but they can provide to be helpful. but i don't use any of the Warframes anyone might suggest for Index, and i still Kill Enemies in seconds or less, and rarely die. just food for thought.

4 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Are you doing it alone ? Because those Friendly Bots get killed all the time dragging you down

sometimes, actual Players aren't much better, haha. 
like if they pick up Points and hoard them but never turn them in

1 hour ago, Chewarette said:

Profit Taker on Fortuna is kinda awesome too. that's 125k :credits: per kill, which can be doubled by Chroma effigy, and doubled again if the Thermia event is at the correct stage (+ eventual credit booster).

I helped a friend with some PT runs yesterday, and we were getting 1million credits per run. (Credit booster, chroma, and fracture bonus) As long as you can kill PT quickly, it seems to be even faster than the index. 

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Limorkil said:

I notice in YouTube videos that players have tens of millions of credits

Players reach those levels of credits by buying Prime Accessories and from that playing the game with a constant credit booster (90 days each).  If you aren't going to run a booster then the only alternative is to actually farm credits in missions like the Index.