Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Symmetry... Why are they not symmetrical anymore?

Ammisro

20 hours ago, Ammisro said:

Do DE still remember what they wrote back then? I think the designs are cool and ethereal, but why...? Having one arm longer than another is very symmetrical am I right?

Remember one simple thing: Ballas is REALLY OLD. So old that nobody would have been surprised if he died of old age. So old that the Grineer Queens weren't able to come close to matching his longevity, they've been resorting to body-hijacking to stay alive. So old, he has seen entire millennia come and go. You've read the Ordan Karris entries, so remember the other thing Ballas did in that story:

"We have died countless times"

Millennia of lives and deaths, millennia of experiments and abusing the Void, millennia of schemes and hiding. Ballas once looked like Lotus/Margulis. Look at him now, and see the depths he has resorted to for staying alive at all. Looking as beautiful as he did in his prime was the price he paid for survival

Another thought just came to mind.

With the new CGI trailer being released we have as an officially fact that the emperial society was divided into casts (of which we know the executors, dax, tenno, archemedians and supposingly lorists), which raises an interesting question: how far really does the name 'Orokin' spread?

It obviously applies to the executors like Ballas, but how about archemedians, can they be really called Orokin? 

Or maybe there was another unknown caste, also calling themselves Orokin, some kind of nobles for example, who were really symmetrical and perfect, whereas the executors were for some reason left with their creepy hands and had to use some psychic influence to compensate.

• 2 years later...
On 2019-07-11 at 7:56 PM, Ammisro said:

I thought it was just Ballas that is a long arm guy and not all Orokin would look like that, especially I assumed that his current form wasn't what he used to look like back in the day, because he was described as symmetrical (doubling with 'golden iris', now he doesn't even have a visible iris. I'd assume his eyes were similar to Captain Vor - connecting Orokin to Grineer as a bit of irony. Now Orokin Era Grineer have blue eyes so this is kind of debunked) Then there is this concept art of Orokin Woman so my 'new form' idea doesn't work anymore. Do DE still remember what they wrote back then? I think the designs are cool and ethereal, but why...? Having one arm longer than another is very symmetrical am I right?

qlq08b59ap831.jpg

It means facial symmetry, a quality that denotes beauty. It doesn't mean every single part of their body was symmetrical. 

3 minutes ago, FuzzRacc said:

It means facial symmetry, a quality that denotes beauty. It doesn't mean every single part of their body was symmetrical. 

You might want to check the dates on posts.

• Like 4

On 2022-05-25 at 7:53 PM, Mazifet said:

You might want to check the dates on posts.

It's a very high up result on a modern search. I thought it was still relevant to add to the discussion even if it's an old one :( 

2 minutes ago, FuzzRacc said:

It's a very high up result on a modern search. I thought it was still relevant to add to the discussion even if it's an old one :( 

Well, it never hurts. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯