Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

42 minutes ago, (PSN)abbacephas said:

My anime journey in a nutshell:

Personally I'm a sucker for jjk, chainsaw man, and hells paradise. It sucks waiting for the next seasons of each lol

3 hours ago, Mazifet said:

Personally I'm a sucker for jjk, chainsaw man, and hells paradise. It sucks waiting for the next seasons of each lol

Took me a while to get into JJK, but I think I've come around. Shibuya Incident arc pissed me off to no end, though. Also enjoyed Chainsaw Man and Hell's Paradise. There are few others that I've enjoyed as well. But Berserk was my very first anime, and kinda started my journey. Demon Slayer was probably my third, and, visually, is easily one of the most incredibly animated ones I've seen. Vinland Saga does character development like nothing I've seen before. And then, AoT is just in a league of its own.

28 minutes ago, Yrkul said:

Well... Things just got a lot more interesting. Not every day someone apparently tries to erase a high tier politician.

Monitoring...

I hate the guy with a passion but attempting assassination is insane. This might get him a lot of support though, which isn't great for the future of America.

6 hours ago, Mazifet said:

I hate the guy with a passion but attempting assassination is insane. This might get him a lot of support though, which isn't great for the future of America.

That is very understandable. At first I had a false flag operation as a possibility in my scenario, but there were casualties from misses. That means live rounds, and that setup could go wrong very very easily, if this was just a publicity stunt. But it was obvious from the recordings, that he did use the situation to its fullest PR wise.

I have my assumptions on circumstances, especially taking the shooter's age into consideration, but this is not the most welcome place for that kind of discussions. In any case, we're seeing a normalization of the use of violence across political and ideological lines, and that is not the best direction to be heading.

• Like 2

I despise the american news media. The institutional output is clearly running a coordinated disinformation campaign, which in turn has the Tin Foil Brigade whipped into a frenzy. On top of that, the folk journalists and grifters either don't have the skill or the integrity to give the proper picture.

So much for the traditional role of the free press.

• Like 2

Honestly, I'm really surprised we haven't been seeing public assassination attempts over the past 12ish years.

Also completely unrelated but here's one of my favorite and most legal Whitest Kids U Know skit.

So, here's some context: my grandmother would tell my aunt that a gekko in her room would sometimes greet her (by making the clicking noises they do) and lick one of her sweets for a while before leaving, it never ran away from her, only leaving when she would say "Go sleep ya ****!". My aunt never believed her.

Then, a couple of days ago, its been 2 years since granny died, she came to me with this story, she bough a chocolate bar and left it on a plate on the table beside the bed of my grandma's room since she is now sleeping there, when she returned from the bathroom, a gekko was there, licking it. It left as soon as it saw her, she threw the candy away and left it at that. Then when she set down a cup with coca-cola on the table and sat down on the bed... in the few seconds she sat down and made herself comfortable... the gekko was there, on the cup, licking the coca-cola. She told me it looked at her, made a clicking noise and then went back to licking.

She told me she didnt do anything to the gekko, but the baffled expression she had when she told me what happened and that that grandma's story was real made laugh until I was sobbing.

• Like 1

Always fun with those family stories.

Apparently, there are still trolls on Læsø, according to family myths. On top of that, I pointed out several haunted spots in two aunt's houses, as well as around the family villa, as a kid. One place in particular, an old path running out the back of the estate, had a really bad feel to it. All places had stories attached to them, and none were told to us until we got old enough.

Iceland, though. That's a fun place, regarding those kinds of stories.

And the wingnuts just cranked it up to twelve. Granted, once you find details, that doesn't add up, you leave people a lot of holes to fill up on their own. I'm a bit disappointed, that some of the ex-mil and academics I'm keeping tabs on are guzzling that conspiracy Kool-Aid as well.

Always diversify your news sources, at the very least. And Ground News is always a good start.

On 2024-07-14 at 5:18 PM, Yrkul said:

That is very understandable. At first I had a false flag operation as a possibility in my scenario, but there were casualties from misses. That means live rounds, and that setup could go wrong very very easily, if this was just a publicity stunt. But it was obvious from the recordings, that he did use the situation to its fullest PR wise.

I have my assumptions on circumstances, especially taking the shooter's age into consideration, but this is not the most welcome place for that kind of discussions. In any case, we're seeing a normalization of the use of violence across political and ideological lines, and that is not the best direction to be heading.

Shooting off an ear is too skilled with too much to go wrong for the level of patsy naive enough to think they are getting out of that one alive.

Of course everyone calls it a near miss but without knowing any detail it could also have been a fluke shot to get so close, though 130 odd metres is damn close.

3 hours ago, Yrkul said:

And the wingnuts just cranked it up to twelve. Granted, once you find details, that doesn't add up, you leave people a lot of holes to fill up on their own. I'm a bit disappointed, that some of the ex-mil and academics I'm keeping tabs on are guzzling that conspiracy Kool-Aid as well.

Always diversify your news sources, at the very least. And Ground News is always a good start.

looks likes a monumental #*!% up of behalf of the security detail, combine that with some luck and a relatively skill-less guy with little resources almost carried out a political assassination.

On 2024-07-14 at 10:02 AM, Mazifet said:

It's an election defining moment, still some months out but he'd need to stuff up bad to lose that capital.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, L3512 said:

Shooting off an ear is too skilled with too much to go wrong for the level of patsy naive enough to think they are getting out of that one alive.

Of course everyone calls it a near miss but without knowing any detail it could also have been a fluke shot to get so close, though 130 odd metres is damn close.

I'm not buying the conspiracies either. Looks more like someone bought the narrative and decided to be a  hero. People have been riled up by politicians and media the last 8 years, and it is not the first time someone's been doompilled into doing something stupid.

4 hours ago, L3512 said:

looks likes a monumental #*!% up of behalf of the security detail, combine that with some luck and a relatively skill-less guy with little resources almost carried out a political assassination.

I'm scratching my head over that one myself. The snipers had free view over the rooftops, and one claim is, that they were waiting for clearance to shoot 3 minutes before the first shot fell (which might just be someone covering his own a**, or more disinformation). On top of that, people were pointing and yelling for 2 minutes as well, documented from several recordings.

It doesn't help, that the layout was perfect for this to happen, and prepped 2-3 weeks in advance. The amount of organizational gormlesness for letting this slip through is really hard to accept. So it doesn't come as a surprise, that every crackpot with a camera is cooking up their own story now.

4 hours ago, L3512 said:

It's an election defining moment, still some months out but he'd need to stuff up bad to lose that capital.

Yep. Causality is a b****.

1 hour ago, Yrkul said:

I'm scratching my head over that one myself. The snipers had free view over the rooftops, and one claim is, that they were waiting for clearance to shoot 3 minutes before the first shot fell (which might just be someone covering his own a**, or more disinformation). On top of that, people were pointing and yelling for 2 minutes as well, documented from several recordings.

It doesn't help, that the layout was perfect for this to happen, and prepped 2-3 weeks in advance. The amount of organizational gormlesness for letting this slip through is really hard to accept. So it doesn't come as a surprise, that every crackpot with a camera is cooking up their own story now.

The snipers that appear in most footage (baseball caps) don't have a clear LOS IMO, there is a big deciduous tree in the way that has no leaves in most map images people have used. You see a guy absolutely glued to his scope trying to see, shooting starts and it looks like he gets startled (people even say they took fire due to the reaction however that doesn't tally with other evidence). What happened IMO is that he looks up to identify the location of the shots and shifts his whole tripod a foot or so to the right to try get a clear view, from the position of the camera it looks like he moved backwards in a weird lurch. Pretty sure neither that guy nor his partner fired, so we have 3 from the shooter, another unidentified 5 in less than a second shortly afterwards and a final muffled shot from further back that was probably suppressed, ie the other sniper team.

But yeah letting a random dude carry a rifle and ladder up to a building that should have been secured is something you really would not want to be responsible for.

14 hours ago, L3512 said:

The snipers that appear in most footage (baseball caps) don't have a clear LOS IMO, there is a big deciduous tree in the way that has no leaves in most map images people have used. You see a guy absolutely glued to his scope trying to see, shooting starts and it looks like he gets startled (people even say they took fire due to the reaction however that doesn't tally with other evidence). What happened IMO is that he looks up to identify the location of the shots and shifts his whole tripod a foot or so to the right to try get a clear view, from the position of the camera it looks like he moved backwards in a weird lurch. Pretty sure neither that guy nor his partner fired, so we have 3 from the shooter, another unidentified 5 in less than a second shortly afterwards and a final muffled shot from further back that was probably suppressed, ie the other sniper team.

But yeah letting a random dude carry a rifle and ladder up to a building that should have been secured is something you really would not want to be responsible for.

If you look at the footage you can actually see Trump move his head less than half a second before he was shot, which might've saved his life.

23 hours ago, L3512 said:

I've heard mention of 4 sniper teams several times, and that roof was designated a problem from the start, so that should have been covered in any case. To make things worse, the shooter was spotted almost half an hour earlier, pointing a rangefinder at the stage from outside the security perimeter. Like you said, monumental f***-ups were made.

Got a couple of long form interviews with actual experts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9boJpqiZTQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcTIo5hndMk

An interesting note, as Tim Kennedy mentions, the net is getting scrubbed as we speak. A lot of pictures, videos and assessments are disappearing, and not just the wackos. I checked some of the videos and blogs I went through this weekend, and a lot has been removed. Had I foreseen this, I could have archived everything and done a comparative analysis, to see if there was a pattern, or if it was just a blanket wipe of any unauthorized sources. Could have written a book about it, could have earned a nice wad of cash, could, could, could...

Excuse me while I kick myself for a couple of minutes. 🤣

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Yrkul said:

I've heard mention of 4 sniper teams several times, and that roof was designated a problem from the start, so that should have been covered in any case. To make things worse, the shooter was spotted almost half an hour earlier, pointing a rangefinder at the stage from outside the security perimeter. Like you said, monumental f***-ups were made.

I did just read about the LRF part, points to some obvious knowledge but a few big gaps in what he knew and how he went about it. An example is that 130ish metres is really not far enough to need to worry things like elevation provided you have a 100m zero so that's theoretical knowledge he lacked, than we have maximum point blank range (MPBR) as a concept with which you can figure out a general point and shoot window with a ballistic calculator, so that's a lack of practical knowledge. Lastly we have google maps, which if you are not expected to take shots at unknown distances (job of LRF) you can use to accurately and somewhat more discreetly measure distances in advance or even just on your phone at the time, again a lack of practical knowledge. 

Still it was a hell of a roll of the dice that missed by the slimmest of margins, just so many compounding failures on behalf of security.

4 minutes ago, Yrkul said:

An interesting note, as Tim Kennedy mentions, the net is getting scrubbed as we speak. A lot of pictures, videos and assessments are disappearing, and not just the wackos. I checked some of the videos and blogs I went through this weekend, and a lot has been removed. Had I foreseen this, I could have archived everything and done a comparative analysis, to see if there was a pattern, or if it was just a blanket wipe of any unauthorized sources. Could have written a book about it, could have earned a nice wad of cash, could, could, could...

Excuse me while I kick myself for a couple of minutes. 🤣

One of those things that is obvious in hindsight, I too just re-looked through what I have seen and a lot has been scrubbed. It is really apparent of forums where the threads started almost the instant it happened, so many dead links now.

Goddamn Messmer in the Elden Ring DLC was brutal. But finally beating him and getting all the parts for Gauss Prime in the same week has given me untold levels of serotonin/dopamine/happy brain juice.

Edited by TeaHands

Finally get approved for life changing medicine.

It has to be delivered through FedEx.

It has to be delivered through F E D E X

I T H A S T O B E D E L I V E R E D T H R O U G H FFFFFFFEEEEEEDDDDEEEEXXXXX

Scream Losing It GIF by AIDES

Edit: Medicine arrived, FedEx was only pretty late.

Edited by TeaHands