Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinels Are Barely Unique After U10 Changes.

Aure7

All it has is 1 SINGLE ABILITY MOD unique to that sentinel and that's it. Because now you can simply turn shade from stealth focused sentinel (which it was meant to be) to another deth cube with cloaking. What made deth cube unique and useful was it's weapon, now you can slap it everywhere you want.

I was seriously depressed when I've heard about these changes, but it seems everyone else likes them. So can we at least have more specific per sentinel, or something else that would make them more stand out?

EDIT: okay apparently there were topics about this hidden deeply in my search which I did not see. However this will raise odds of being spotted by DE (hopefully)

Edited by Aure7

Heres an idea for you

All it has is 1 SINGLE ABILITY MOD unique to that sentinel and that's it. Because now you can simply turn shade from stealth focused sentinel (which it was meant to be) to another deth cube with cloaking. What made deth cube unique and useful was it's weapon, now you can slap it everywhere you want.

I was seriously depressed when I've heard about these changes, but it seems everyone else likes them. So can we at least have more specific per sentinel, or something else that would make them more stand out?

I have a suggestion that can fix your problem almost immediately. don't use the Dethcube weapon on shade. Problem now solved.

Actually... shade would be most unique.... because no matter the weapon, his skill is supposed to react upon being attacked... against all others that attack in visible range.

And i believe it's on par with frames.... being distinctive only for their abilities and nothing else, i don't see anything wrong with that.... especially, taking into account that DE has put yet another slot systems with sentinels now...... hence, you can now adjust space better, choosing to delete sentinels or weapons when you need to make some space..... which, might i remind you, any player without plat will need to do since there is no way to obtain slots (very much needed to really play the game) without plat and nothing has been said on the mastery rank rewards.

EDIT: okay apparently there were topics about this hidden deeply in my search which I did not see. However this will raise odds of being spotted by DE (hopefully)

Do you figure this would help or hurt?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/100032-u11-sentinel-precept-mode-devices/

-snip-

what i think is being mentioned here Eis is that now shade can have an unlimited firing weapon that still has pretty good range, no reload and still get the cloak out of it. 

I agree that it puts it on par with frames, with the abilities being different and weapons being the same, but that's kinda against the idea of a sentinel.  Stealth gameplay shade.  gun toting maniac deth cube.  want some cc? then wyrm.  but since most of the weapons all pail in comparison to deth machine gun, it can now be equipped to all sentinels and  can wreak havoc upon any poor nefarious soul that dare even get within your peripherals.  

Luckily its not the same as being able to equip all abilities to any sentinel so they are still somewhat unique( though it may only be a matter of time on that one)

Heres an idea for you

I have a suggestion that can fix your problem almost immediately. don't use the Dethcube weapon on shade. Problem now solved.

I am not using it. It simply bothers me that everyone else can use it and dethcube has lost a lot of purpose (even thought i did not use him)

And more importantly there's no point in using anything else than deth cube rifle now.

Shade has Ghost. Wyrm has CC. Dethcube has Vaporise. Carrier has Vacuum. THOSE are the core precepts of each sentinel. Also of course, Shade only fires when you are attacked, the rest fire when enemy is in sight.

I have Wyrms rifle on Shade. Neither makes that much difference, the main use for it is to cold-damage the incoming enemy which really helps spot them in dark corridors :P

Shade has Ghost. Wyrm has CC. Dethcube has Vaporise. Carrier has Vacuum. THOSE are the core precepts of each sentinel. Also of course, Shade only fires when you are attacked, the rest fire when enemy is in sight.

I have Wyrms rifle on Shade. Neither makes that much difference, the main use for it is to cold-damage the incoming enemy which really helps spot them in dark corridors :P

Yes those are abilities, however add a deth machine gun to a shade and now he can do your cold damage+ fire+ electric at a higher rate and still cloak you.  Deth cube on the other hand will now be obsolete because as it stands vaporize does not kill high level enemies, but shade and wyrm can save you from them.

Dethcube attacks the nearest target, but it then stays on that target until it's either dead or out of range/line of sight. So unless you heavily mod his weapon he's pretty useless in protecting your &#!, as he's busy shooting at some distant runner while ancients tear your face off.

Wyrm attacks the nearest target to you, but switches targets once another gets even closer (or maybe it's just one burst for each enemy?). This makes Wyrm excellent choice for crowd control, since his default rifle shoots pretty fast and often, so just put some freeze dmg on it and most of the enemies getting close to you will be slowed. The best sentinel if you just want someone to watch your back, ancients will never sneak up on you again.

Shade is self-axpalanatory.

Can't say anything about the other sentinels, since I don't have them. But there sure is a pretty big difference between Dethcube and Wyrm.

Though it's true that burst-fire laser pistol on Shade is pretty much obsolete now as long as you have any other sentinel weapon, unless you prefer to use pistol mods on your sentinel that is.

OffTopic: Is Carrier's shotgun any good? I think it could work pretty well on Shade, but it feels like a waste to build sentinel just for that. What do you think?

Edited by LocoWithGun