Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Need Help (Jupiter Junction)

(PSN)Neighbourino13

Question

I've spent two weeks trying to kill whatever it is guarding the Jupiter Junction and I keep dying. I know that there are other posts like this but none of them work or the person who posted it doesn't have the same stuff as I do.

My Master Rank is 3 by the way.

My loadout:

RHINO [10]

VULKAR [10]

(I don't use secondary)

MK1-BO [30]

KUBROW [20]

Upgrades for Rhino:

REDIRECTION +120% SHIELD CAPACITY

FLOW +18% ENERGY MAX

REFLECTION +16% DAMAGE

VITALITY +120% HEALTH

Upgrades for Vulkar:

AMMO DRUM +20% AMMO MAXIMUM

SERRATION +20%

Upgrades for MK1-BO:

MELEE PROWESS +2.5% STATUS CHANCE

PRESSURE POINT +60% MELEE DAMAGE

FURY +5% ATTACK SPEED

ORGAN SHATTER +15% CRITICAL DAMAGE

TRUE STEEL +10% CRITICAL CHANCE

MOLTEN IMPACT +15% HEAT

REACH +15% RANGE

When I start the Jupiter Junction, I activate Iron Skin first then use one of the pillar thingies to use as cover. I then keep trying to snipe it but the damage goes down very slowly and it would sometimes do something where its health bar would go gray so it wouldn't be able to take any damage for a limited time. Sooner or later, it shoots me and I somehow die very quickly despite it shooting me earlier but not taking as much damage. Another way of me dying is when it gets somewhat close to me and I just die straight away and I'm pretty sure it didn't shoot me or anything, I just die.

If anybody could help me I would appreciate it because I just want to get to Jupiter to get some Limbo parts.

20 answers to this question

I did that with my poor feeble Loki after tons of tries, years ago. I suggest using Iron skin with some armor and power strenght mods. Also some corrosive damage on your weapon, maybe take a Tigris shotgun as it'll mostly one-shot Valkyr with little mods. But take care for when she uses hysteria, her invulnerability powers, as you won't be able to damage her. And she does that just a short while after starting the fight. 

Also, use the beams in the room to shelter yourself if needed, and shoot from behind them.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Neighbourino13 said:

REDIRECTION +120% SHIELD CAPACITY

Remove (and never use it again please :) )

REFLECTION +16% DAMAGE

absolutely remove

Add: Intensify and Streamline (Teshub, Void Canisters if you miss these)

VITALITY +120% HEALTH

upgrade as high as possible

AMMO DRUM +20% AMMO MAXIMUM

remove

SERRATION +20%

upgrade as high as possible

Rank up Rhino to max to fit in more and higher mods (each Rank gives +1 Capacity)

Maybe get a Strun. 

Less but upgraded mods is better than just tossing in anything unranked!

What was your starter? If Excalibur, use him. Bullet Jump towards Valkyr, use your 2 (Blind), activate your 4 (Exalted Blade) and backstab to 1HKO. No mods needed here

Edited by GnarlsDarkley
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Neighbourino13 said:

My starter Warframe is Volt and he's a max rank.

If you've been at it this long, I'd suggest taking some time and farm the parts from Mars for Excalibur and use the method I suggested.  It's a strategy that can serve you throughout the solar system; even if that's the only thing you use Excalibur for.

37 minutes ago, AmethystX said:

, I used Trinity,

Trinity is at Pluto on Ambulas....so waaaay out of reach

6 minutes ago, Nightshanker said:

I'd suggest taking some time and farm the parts from Mars for Excalibur

which OP cannot build because Neural Sensor drop on Jupiter where they have no access.

Spare me "blah blah Taxi blah blah"

Reread my first post and upgrade your useful mods and know how your frames' abilities work

38 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Also some corrosive damage on your weapon, maybe take a Tigris shotgun as it'll mostly one-shot Valkyr with little mods

OP is MR3. Tigris MR7...I guess we have a problem with this suggestion :) 

49 minutes ago, (PS4)Neighbourino13 said:

(I don't use secondary)

Give the Lex a chance. Hella strong Sidearm in the low MR area which can take care of Vay Hek (one of the last Star Chart Bosses)

Edited by GnarlsDarkley
  • Like 3

Hey, just wanted to say you should definitely listen to GnarlsDarkley, he's helped me a lot on this same problem. I'm linking here the post I made which was intended to talk about changing warframes materials so us new players could have more options to choose from when stuck, as I was in that same junction. But the tips and suggestions I received were great and I was able to advance.

Or ... try a few new guns and up the MR so you can buy a better gun...

Then again I was like MR 19 before junctions existed so ignore my existence.

Vulkar and Bo are impact weapons, one of them a sniper rifle, so they have to go since you're fighting up close an opponent with health and armor.

It's a Valkyr frame so you want to look out for its invincibility skill if it decides to use it. Focus on damage that will take down ferrite armor and you'll chew her out when she's vulnerable since she's like 90% health, lots of armor and 10% shields. Braton with corrosive should do nicely, otherwise try to grab the puncture automatic rifle and apply toxin to it. For melee whatever has puncture will do, or slash if you can mod it for corrosive.

Rhino is a good frame for this, just don't try to charge or stomp when the guardian is invicible, make sure it's vulnerable then stun it to hurt it. You can check with an automatic weapon or the Lato to see if it shows a damage number.

The reason you're having a hard time is probably because you're still learning to deal with damage types and defensive parameters. With the right gear to fight early Grineer armor you could have killed her without even working around the invincibility.

MR3 and pushing on Jupiter seems like you're maybe rushing a bit through the star chart.  Seeing your mod setup, I would say grind a bit more for better mods and endo to upgrade those mods a bit.  Gnarls covers a key point, and that's less mods with higher levels is better than more mods at lower levels.  Get that serration up to boost Vulkar's damage and get Rhino ranked up so his Roar is stronger to boost your damage even more.  More power strength will also strengthen your Iron Skin for more survivability.  If you can get enough energy to cast Iron Skin, Roar, and Stomp at least once each, it should help shorten the battle.  You'll need your Rhino at level 30 though to make sure each ability is at its max.

6 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

OP is MR3. Tigris MR7...I guess we have a problem with this suggestion :) 

It is?? Damn... I could swear it was 4, but it seems my memory isn't great either way lol. Maybe I confused it for Guandao's MR, a weapon I always recommend to newbies. Not that it would matter much since, well... OP is indeed MR3 and he wouldn't be able to get it either way... 

They say god is in the details, but they forget that the devil is there as well.

I think you should activate the iron skin and then soak in the damage before you hide behind pillars bc rhino has 3 seconds of invulnerability when he casts his iron skin. If he receives damage during that 3s time frame, the damage is added to the hp of the iron skin. 

Upgrade your vitality as much as possible and maybe swap out redirection for steel fiber. Upgrade your power strength mod as well for more iron skin hp. 

Upgrade your basic damage mods as much as possible. Try to get some elemental combos as well. 

Edited by (XB1)TurnAnTheAC

17 hours ago, (PS4)Neighbourino13 said:

I tried smashing it with the Fragor and I died again, would you mind telling me exactly what you did to kill it?

It was time ago so I go by memory, but I remember it was great to knock back the spectre and smash it on the ground.

Which mods do you have? What if you try to raise Status chance as you can?

If you can level your Rhino more you could make use of Rhino Stomp too