Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Neptune rework.

(XBOX)Erudite Prime

Neptune has some problems. First, it's just a filler planet. It serves no purpose other than being a host for The Index. It does not have a unique tileset and there are no resources there worth farming for. To make matters worse, the next planet, Pluto, shares the exact same enemy faction and the same tileset. This is very boring, considering that Pluto is more or less a filler planet too. I mean, none of Pluto's Junctions require you to even do anything on Pluto. But let's focus on Neptune for now. 

Being a gas giant, it makes NO sense for it to share the tileset with the rocky Venus and Pluto. Instead it should have a blue version of the old Gas City tileset. As cool as the remastered Gas City is, there's a lot of Jupiter-specific environmental storytelling that wouldn't make sense on Neptune. Although DE could edit that out, I think it'd be simpler to just import the old version to Neptune and make that boi blue. 

Don't worry, this is going to happen, once upon a time all planets had the same tileset, they have begun to give each planet their own tileset and I'm 100% sure that sooner or later, both pluto and neptune will get a fitting tileset, just be a bit more patient.

Agreed. Neptune, Pluto and Senda definitely need their own tilesets. Phobos and Saturn could probably use a makeover, as well. At the same time, the Europa tileset is just... Just awfully bad, buggy, prone to breaking and ugly-looking. I kind of wish DE would commit to both remaster older, jankier tilesets while creating new ones for planets which don't have their own yet. Last we heard, they were going to be redoing Corpus Ships so hopefully Europa is next after that given how many assets it shares.

Edited by Steel_Rook

6 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

Agreed. Neptune, Pluto and Senda definitely need their own tilesets. Phobos and Jupiter could probably use a makeover, as well. At the same time, the Europa tileset is just... Just awfully bad, buggy, prone to breaking and ugly-looking. I kind of wish DE would commit to both remaster older, jankier tilesets while creating new ones for planets which don't have their own yet. Last we heard, they were going to be redoing Corpus Ships so hopefully Europa is next after that given how many assets it shares.

They literally just did Jupiter

48 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

Jupiter could probably use a makeover, as well.

Everyone knows a tileset gets stale after 7 weeks.

On 2019-07-23 at 1:59 PM, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

First, it's just a filler planet. It serves no purpose other than being a host for The Index.

I mean, it's not like they can get rid of it. It's Neptune. It's one of the largest planets in our Solar System. It's only "filler" because they haven't put anything unique there in the game. Lore-wise, it does have a purpose: it's the headquarters of the Corpus Board of Directors and the site of their Indoctrination Temples. That seems like an enticing premise for a new tileset and/or landscape, but that will require dev work they haven't allocated there yet.

To make matters worse, the next planet, Pluto, shares the exact same enemy faction and the same tileset. This is very boring, considering that Pluto is more or less a filler planet too.

Agreed. Though I will note that Pluto has its role in the lore as well.

Being a gas giant, it makes NO sense for it to share the tileset with the rocky Venus and Pluto.

I kinda thought we were done with these kinds of comments. It's Warframe. If it doesn't make sense, the devs will find a way to make it make sense. What's the deal with Uranus' oceans? Why is Venus cold (obviously answered with the Fortuna update)? The simplest answer is the one we've always given for Jupiter (not since U11), Saturn, Uranus (potentially not since U17), and Neptune: those missions take place on the moons of the planet rather than the planet proper.

Instead it should have a blue version of the old Gas City tileset.

They got rid of the old Gas City tileset because it was showing its age. It didn't mesh with the current iteration of Warframe. It was made for Parkour 1.0. Why would they put it back into the game after spending so much time trying to remove it?

3 hours ago, GrayArchon said:

I mean, it's not like they can get rid of it. It's Neptune. It's one of the largest planets in our Solar System. It's only "filler" because they haven't put anything unique there in the game. 

Correct. Calling it a filler planet was a criticism. There shouldn't be any filler planets. 

16 hours ago, Spoop3 said:

They literally just did Jupiter

15 hours ago, GrayArchon said:

Everyone knows a tileset gets stale after 7 weeks.

I appear to have gotten my planet names mixed up. I meant to say Saturn, rather than Jupiter in there. Will rectify.

15 hours ago, GrayArchon said:

What's the deal with Uranus' oceans?

I believe the Grineer Sealab tileset isn't actually in Uranus, but rather set on one of its moons. If you look at the skybox outside, you'll see Uranus in the sky.

Edited by Steel_Rook