Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[FIXED] Swords Can't Perform Frontal Finishers

Shaburanigud

I mainly do Inaros, and I found out I can't perform any frontal finishers with my Krohkur after blinding my humanoid enemies with my 1.
Which led me to test it out with my broken war, and I still get the same results: Unable to perform Frontal Finishers toward blinded enemies.

This was more then a month ago. I put up a thread and the Art/Animation section but it never got fixed.

Even after several fixes and patches this has not yet been fixed.
Now I've found out that Excalibur's Exalted Blade can't perform frontal finishers as well! (And all this time I thought that weapon was a Nikana type)

I think the problem originates from the new finisher animations that were given to the sword weapons at June.
Which after a short while this bug started to occur and losing the newer animations as well.

I know that the sword category is not popular, but can we get a fix soon?
An already unpopular set of weapons getting excluded from a whole feature of move sets makes it even worse.
If not, at least do it for the sake of poster boy.

My worst fear is that this fix will have to come with Melee 3.0, which at this point I'm quite sure it won't come this year nor in the early 2020s.

FINALLY HAVE BEEN FIXED THANK YOU DE.
Now I'm off to buy harrows new Deluxe skin.

Edited by Shaburanigud
  • Like 1

Hi.... Zakti User here and just got Crimson Dervish (and it only took 5 Months... YAY !!!) and also can't perform finishers

12 hours ago, Shaburanigud said:

I think a bug that alters the performance of an ENTIRE CLASS OF WEAPONS WOULD HAVE A TAD MORE PRIORITY THEN OTHER BUGS.

It just goes to show how rampant the Whip/Pole Arm Meta is....

But that's not really an excuse.... surely someone at DE must have hit radial blind with the Skana only for the Finisher to fail.... or are they all Meme Striking with The Atterax/Kripath Too ?

18 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Hi.... Zakti User here and just got Crimson Dervish (and it only took 5 Months... YAY !!!) and also can't perform finishers

It just goes to show how rampant the Whip/Pole Arm Meta is....

But that's not really an excuse.... surely someone at DE must have hit radial blind with the Skana only for the Finisher to fail.... or are they all Meme Striking with The Atterax/Kripath Too ?

If they used Excalibur Umbra it would have been a lot more easier to notice since this affects Excalibur's Exalted Blade as well.

Either that or their just spamming E while using his Exalted Blade

1 hour ago, Shaburanigud said:

If they used Excalibur Umbra it would have been a lot more easier to notice since this affects Excalibur's Exalted Blade as well.

Either that or their just spamming E while using his Exalted Blade

I didn't know this suddenly affected Exhalted Blade too.... I was doing Frontal Finishers with it last month. Haven't played umbra since.

15 hours ago, Lutesque said:

I didn't know this suddenly affected Exhalted Blade too.... I was doing Frontal Finishers with it last month. Haven't played umbra since.

Until this bug happened I always thought his Exhalted Blade was a Nikana. Turned out it was a sword lol.

46 minutes ago, Shaburanigud said:

Until this bug happened I always thought his Exhalted Blade was a Nikana. Turned out it was a sword lol.

I thought it was neither....

Unlike Valkyr's Claws, Exhalted Blade (and Baruuk's Desert Wind) doesn't behave like the rest of the weapons of The Same type....

5 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I thought it was neither....

Unlike Valkyr's Claws, Exhalted Blade (and Baruuk's Desert Wind) doesn't behave like the rest of the weapons of The Same type....

Well for this bug, it seems to be affected as well.

I'm just hoping they won't say "we'll fix it when melee 3.0 comes out"
Cuz at this point I'm not sure if Melee 3.0 will be fully rolled out even at the end of 2020.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Shaburanigud said:

Well for this bug, it seems to be affected as well.

I'm just hoping they won't say "we'll fix it when melee 3.0 comes out"
Cuz at this point I'm not sure if Melee 3.0 will be fully rolled out even at the end of 2020.

It will be here.....just as soon as they give us that universal vacuum. 

Just noticed this with Crimson Dervish today. Thought I was doing something wrong. Glad to see it probably was all me. Sad to see another ignored bug. There's another glaring visual bug with the Zaw Nikana that has gone unfixed for more than a year. I'm respectfully disappointed, DE.

Edited by 7.T.

• 2 weeks later...

While I acknowledge the fact that DE has noticed this, I decided to keep posting it so other people can know as well.

Also act as a reminder.

In short, Swords still cannot preform frontal finishers. This includes exhaulted weapons such as Excalibur's Exhaulted blade.

• 2 weeks later...

Its been 3 months since this bug has happened and still it got no fixes.

While the addition of Gauss is great, I fear this is something either a really complicated bug, or kinda low on the priority list.

Probably former as it's a whole category of weapons that is as old as the game itself, but still... hope it comes before melee 3.0.

Can we at least get a progress update on this? More specific then a 'we know its there', but an actual reason why its taking so long.

13 minutes ago, Shaburanigud said:

Its been 3 months since this bug has happened and still it got no fixes.

While the addition of Gauss is great, I fear this is something either a really complicated bug, or kinda low on the priority list.

Probably former as it's a whole category of weapons that is as old as the game itself, but still... hope it comes before melee 3.0.

Can we at least get a progress update on this? More specific then a 'we know its there', but an actual reason why its taking so long.

I would guess the later tbh, swords has been severely underused for a very long time afterall (compared to poles, staves, whips, sword/shields, daggers(?), so I won't be suprised if it is really low on the priority list.

although speaking of bugs that have been around for a long time and still lacking fixes, the various variant of QT and/or rage related bugs have plagued the game for years....

• 3 weeks later...

Just as a heads up, it does work on specifically humanoid targets.
Infested crewmen, crewmen, regular grineer, ect.

What its not working on is larger enemies like ancients and quadrapeds, moas i think as well.
Sometimes it will glitch and work on chargers, however no sound gets played.

However. Stun/blind finishers will still work if you move behind the enemy's mentioned. Its just the frontal.

4 hours ago, XkrXDragoon said:

Just as a heads up, it does work on specifically humanoid targets.
Infested crewmen, crewmen, regular grineer, ect.

What its not working on is larger enemies like ancients and quadrapeds, moas i think as well.
Sometimes it will glitch and work on chargers, however no sound gets played.

However. Stun/blind finishers will still work if you move behind the enemy's mentioned. Its just the frontal.

umm, If I'm not wrong they never had frontal finisher options to begin with.
At least that was the case since I joined (I've started playing around an year ago)

As far as I know frontal finisher options were only presented against humanoid targets.

Hope that cleared you up.