Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Account Linking (PC/PS4/XB1/SWITCH)

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

Question

Can someone please explain to me why we can’t link our accounts like fortnite does so that we don’t have to start from scratch when we change platforms ? 

If it’s some kind of contract DE has made with Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo, can’t DE find a way to get out of these contracts?

or if it’s because all the platforms are on different update versions of the game , hypothetically couldn’t DE just stop the PC updates and wait for console to catch up and then just release all updates at the same time ? I mean if Fortnite can do it why can’t Warframe ?! Honestly that’s a legit question. Warframe has a lot of money now & im sure if they WANTED to do this they could 

Edited by (PS4)Akuma_Asura_

8 answers to this question

They are looking into something like this already.

"Crossplay isn’t on our radar, but cross-progression is. We’re still discussing the best way to approach this."

https://www.warframe.com/news/devstream-128-overview

DE have previously promised to not hold back PC updates for consoles and releasing on PC first allow them to hotfix major bugs and issues that would likely cause certification on consoles to fail and make consoles wait even longer for content.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

Can someone please explain to me why we can’t link our accounts like fortnite does so that we don’t have to start from scratch when we change platforms ? 

If it’s some kind of contract DE has made with Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo, can’t DE find a way to get out of these contracts?

or if it’s because all the platforms are on different update versions of the game , hypothetically couldn’t DE just stop the PC updates and wait for console to catch up and then just release all updates at the same time ? I mean if Fortnite can do it why can’t Warframe ?! Honestly that’s a legit question. Warframe has a lot of money now & im sure if they WANTED to do this they could 

PC is essentially the beta-test platform because DE are able to push updates their own convenience. Consoles have cert process which makes things more complicated, not to mention that they have to pay for every update they release.

7 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

They are looking into something like this already.

"Crossplay isn’t on our radar, but cross-progression is. We’re still discussing the best way to approach this."

https://www.warframe.com/news/devstream-128-overview

DE have previously promised to not hold back PC updates for consoles and releasing on PC first allow them to hotfix major bugs and issues that would likely cause certification on consoles to fail and make consoles wait even longer for content.

How would they link a console account to a pc, if pc is on a different update ? I just don’t see how it would work , let’s say they do it without waiting for consoles catch up. I go on my Of and gain some gear you couldn’t get on consoles then log into my console what would happen to that gear lol 

6 minutes ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

as novusnova has said pc gets updates first as doesnt have to go through cert at all while the consoles do since they check to make sure any game builds wont cause damage to any console system.

Yeah I have heard this for years and I honestly think it’s unnecessary. This is the only game with that excuse & this game has been running way to long now for that. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

Yeah I have heard this for years and I honestly think it’s unnecessary. This is the only game with that excuse & this game has been running way to long now for that. 

not really as DE staff is like 300 ish while epicgames staff is over 1000.
so DE doesnt have the man power that the makers of fortnite has, an yet keep having ppl say but but but but this game is able to do this. Yet never think about the actual size of each games staff for it

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

They were indeed pioneers in bringing free-to-play to PS4, so I guess they could bargain this with some patience and skill.

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

couldn’t DE just stop the PC updates and wait for console to catch up and then just release all updates at the same time ?

Man, I feel sorry for the flak you'll get for just touching that can of worms... People are really sensitive to this particular key-phrase.

As for me, I wouldn't mind some increased bugs in the name of progress and player freedom. Although I do like having polished content if that means waiting longer. 

23 minutes ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

I mean if Fortnite can do it why can’t Warframe ?!

See how Epic is throwing loads of money at everything they can due to their Fortnite profits. Warframe is not on that level, sadly. So less sway. And technical limitations also apply.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

How would they link a console account to a pc, if pc is on a different update ? I just don’t see how it would work , let’s say they do it without waiting for consoles catch up. I go on my Of and gain some gear you couldn’t get on consoles then log into my console what would happen to that gear lol 

Depends on whether they implement it or not but I would assume they would have to change it so if the platform you play on doesn't have that content (warframes, weapons, skins etc.) already then its locked out and you can't use it on that platform until the update that brings it is released.