Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Waframe concept:Wargon The Werewolf Frame

Kursed_Vixen

Name Wargon.(Name subject to change)

Passive:Wargon is neutral to wildlife(Kavats Kubrows) and has a chance of being helped by them.(Subject to change)

Possible other Passive: Wargon is infused with the blood of a werewolf and is imbued with regenerative powers. (Rejuvination passive, self only.)

Unique Feature:First frame to offer both Female or Male frame choice by player (chosen via appearance,does not affect anything but appearance.) (if they don't do this then make it female)

Description: A frame with, an ancient affliction known as Lyncathropy, Wargon hears the call of the wild and assist his/her allies with wolf like ferocity and cunning!(Work in progress.)

Stats:TBD(To Be Determined)

1st Power:Bite: Wargon viscously Bites into a nearby enemy causing a bleeding proc, during Transformation this also makes Wargon throw bitten  enemy across the floor using only his powerful jaw(Damage increased during Transformation,Venom of the beast adds Viral proc.) Mostly slash damage  a little bit of puncture and less impact. (possibly have innate low shatter ability)

2nd Power: Venom of the Beast: makes all attacks for x number of seconds proc viral. (including Bite) [note:possibly make bite power 1 and make this 2?]

3rd Power: Howl: Wargon howls a terrifying howl stunning nearby enemies and boosting health of nearby allies, temporarily.(Subject to change)

4th Power:Transformation;Wargon Transforms into a wild beast gaining life steal(melee) Armor and Attack strength(affected by ability strength) [Wargon basically becomes a werewolf, possibly shedding his/her smaller frame size and turning into a furred wild animal] Channeling ability drains energy per second.  increases shattering impact armor reduction.(Subject to changes)

Despite lacking details i imagine this'd be a great halloween frame.

Opinions? Suggestions?

Edited by Kursed_Vixen
update

6 minutes ago, Kursed_Vixen said:

Passive:Wargon is neutral to wildlife(Kavats Kubrows) and has a chance of being helped by them.(Subject to change)

Too close to Oberon passive.

7 minutes ago, Kursed_Vixen said:

Unique Feature:First frame to offer both Female or Male frame choice by player (chosen via appearance,does not affect anything but appearance.)

Originally DE wanted to make all frames available as male or female. But they scraped the idea probably to reduce development cost. Why would they doble the modeling work on the developing a frame for no tangebly imprivement on gameplay or delivering some interestint theme or history.

9 minutes ago, Kursed_Vixen said:

2nd Power:Bite: Wargon Bites into a nearby enemy gaining health equal to damage,(Damage increased during Transformation)

I tought you were going for a werewolf not a vampire. Maybe replace this with a skill that converts the enemy to your sidr , buff his stats but lock this enemy into using his melee weapon.

11 minutes ago, Kursed_Vixen said:

3rd Power: Howl: Wargon howls a terrifying howl stunning nearby enemies and boosting attack of nearby allies.(Subject to change)

Too close to Valkir's Warcry.

I've seen quite a few werewolf or kubrow themed warframes . Just dig into the foruns and you will see them.  Have a look at them and try to come up with something even better.

Its ok to imply things like lycanthropy but remember to keep it within the lore of the game, the technocyth virus which all frames are already subject to would make more sense. Stuff like fur is a little less likely unless it were say energy wisps, or infested flesh. Shapeshifting in frames isn't new but remember to keep those changes close enough to the frames design, remember to think about tennogen.

8 hours ago, (PS4)TeynKu said:

Its ok to imply things like lycanthropy but remember to keep it within the lore of the game, the technocyth virus which all frames are already subject to would make more sense. Stuff like fur is a little less likely unless it were say energy wisps, or infested flesh. Shapeshifting in frames isn't new but remember to keep those changes close enough to the frames design, remember to think about tennogen.

The frame is a werewolf frame so it needs to have some werewolf form even if that does not include fur notice i said possibly in that side note.  Also this is a very early concept so it's not going to fit into the lore perfectly just yet. It could just be a pelt like chroma's effigy....

Edited by Kursed_Vixen
  • Like 1

Maybe or maybe causes all previously bitten enemies to also have a  viral  proc. or turns them into werewolf allies...

Edited using suggestion, Thank you  Ryokue!

1st Power: Venom of the Beast: makes all attacks for x number of seconds proc viral. (including Bite) (note:possibly make bite power 1 and make this 2?)

2nd Power:Bite: Wargon viscously Bites into a nearby enemy causing a bleeding proc, during Transformation this also makes Wargon throw bitten  enemy across the floor using only his/her powerful jaw(Damage increased during Transformation due to enemy being thrown and Wargon having a stronger Jaw during Transformation)

Edited by Kursed_Vixen

On 2019-08-03 at 8:28 PM, Kursed_Vixen said:

Maybe or maybe causes all previously bitten enemies to also have a  viral  proc. or turns them into werewolf allies...

Edited using suggestion, Thank you  Ryokue!

1st Power: Venom of the Beast: makes all attacks for x number of seconds proc viral. (including Bite) (note:possibly make bite power 1 and make this 2?)

No problem. As for which skill it would be, I think bite would be a better first skill, kinda like rhino's or excalibur's first skill that has a forward animation attached to it. The second skill could be Venom of the Beast as the higher the skill number the higher the energy cost in most cases. This would keep the skills a bit more balanced in how strong the skill is as the viral application being duration based is fairly strong.

Why is it that I always see these "werewolf" warframe concepts, and they almost never have a mechanic that spreads their lycanthropy upon killing an enemy with their bite?

I've also seen the transformation idea done probably 100 ways. And every time, it almost always feels lack luster or the mechanics of it would feel incredibly jarring for players. I've seen people suggest becoming a kurbow, even a kavat of all things. I took a different route. My suggestion was to make the frame itself always appear as a hybrid, that way it can always wield weapons when the player is controlling it, then it switches to running on all limbs, stores weapons, and switches to becoming purely melee when you enter operator mode, creating another "umbral" frame, without it specifically being umbral.

Here, a concept I posted some time ago. Feel free to look at the lore and the appearance descriptions too for some ideas. I do want a lycanthropic/wolf/Fenrir frame in the game, but every time I see these ideas, I see pretty much a single wolf myth being used, and I cringe a little. Think about it. We're likely to only get one, ONE were/wolf kind of frame in the game. We should be pulling every single wolf myth that can cohesively fit together to create a frame that comprehensively covers the theme.

Edited by xZeromusx

On 2019-08-07 at 7:37 AM, xZeromusx said:

Why is it that I always see these "werewolf" warframe concepts, and they almost never have a mechanic that spreads their lycanthropy upon killing an enemy with their bite?

I've also seen the transformation idea done probably 100 ways. And every time, it almost always feels lack luster or the mechanics of it would feel incredibly jarring for players. I've seen people suggest becoming a kurbow, even a kavat of all things. I took a different route. My suggestion was to make the frame itself always appear as a hybrid, that way it can always wield weapons when the player is controlling it, then it switches to running on all limbs, stores weapons, and switches to becoming purely melee when you enter operator mode, creating another "umbral" frame, without it specifically being umbral.

Here, a concept I posted some time ago. Feel free to look at the lore and the appearance descriptions too for some ideas. I do want a lycanthropic/wolf/Fenrir frame in the game, but every time I see these ideas, I see pretty much a single wolf myth being used, and I cringe a little. Think about it. We're likely to only get one, ONE were/wolf kind of frame in the game. We should be pulling every single wolf myth that can cohesively fit together to create a frame that comprehensively covers the theme.

I would have included such a ability, but i felt it was too much... If you look at some of my post i commented on that being possible.

biting and throwing away its too boring that need to be changed. plus abilities can be copied cause u can't create new content almost all frames have same skills like embers first and frost first only difference is elements and little more what they are doing, now about bite can be like garudas Dread Mirror jump on enemy and tear it apart gaining move speed and attack speed for certain duration would be good if u ask me its close combat frame right? it will be great boost for his ultimate

Edited by Psycho7777

it's still very early concept things can change as needed, i was considering the throw also effecting any enemies the 'thrown body hits'  or possible other factors I dunno yet, something that makes him seem like a werewolf but is still useful, possibly an infecting bite... I orginally had a sort of life steal bite.