Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave Rating Is Worthless

Jefftiffy

The conclave rating system is horrible at the moment. My Potatoed lvl 30 Loki with pototoed 30 Paris, 30 Kunai, Pototed 30 dual ethers is 755 conclave rating which is considered bad in the game yet it can outperform a Nova in T3 missions. Conclave rating should only count for PvP, other players shouldn't be able to see it.

I already see noobs making PvM games based on conclave rating. They make me want to faceplant onto my desk because they assume conclave is a measure of skill not weapon rating in PvP.

I get annoyed when I'm hosting a Void mission in recruiting, and someone tells me their conclave rating, as if it means anything.

I feel like the rating shouldn't even go off your gear to begin with, or at least your gear should be a very insignificant part of it. It should just be a separate thing irrelevant from PvE, like an ELO system.

the rating really doesnt mean anything, because it doesnt rate the skill of the player.

but DE has already stated that they might remove public conclave and they are still working on another system for player recommendation.

They might as well just give everybody the same number as it is. My guns can be much better than another person's and have a much lower Conclave rating.

I disagree that the rating is worthless. Today was the first time that I reached outside of my usual group and looked for a PuG to run Derelict Assassinates with. I got quite a few different players during my 5-6 runs including players with a wide variety in their Conclave levels. I got quite a few that were ~lvl 500 or so that very obviously didn't preform as well as those with a rating above 1000.

For starters, they seemed to die more often because they were most likely not using high leveled Redirection/Vitality/Steel Fiber. I seemed to find myself ressing one of these low leveled players every couple of minutes due to the Golem's poison attack. Also, a couple of them were using inferior weapons compared to the rest of us. We all had Flux Rifles, Snipetron Vandals, Despair, Acrids, etc, while these players had Bratons and Boltos. The post-mission stat log showed these players doing significantly less damage overall than the rest of us.

In short, us more experienced players found ourselves carrying the lower leveled players. While there's inherently nothing wrong with that, with the Conclave level it's easiler to identify the weaker players from the get go and decide how you want to organize your team when you're trying to optimize your runs. 

I disagree that the rating is worthless. Today was the first time that I reached outside of my usual group and looked for a PuG to run Derelict Assassinates with. I got quite a few different players during my 5-6 runs including players with a wide variety in their Conclave levels. I got quite a few that were ~lvl 500 or so that very obviously didn't preform as well as those with a rating above 1000.

For starters, they seemed to die more often because they were most likely not using high leveled Redirection/Vitality/Steel Fiber. I seemed to find myself ressing one of these low leveled players every couple of minutes due to the Golem's poison attack. Also, a couple of them were using inferior weapons compared to the rest of us. We all had Flux Rifles, Snipetron Vandals, Despair, Acrids, etc, while these players had Bratons and Boltos. The post-mission stat log showed these players doing significantly less damage overall than the rest of us.

In short, us more experienced players found ourselves carrying the lower leveled players. While there's inherently nothing wrong with that, with the Conclave level it's easiler to identify the weaker players from the get go and decide how you want to organize your team when you're trying to optimize your runs. 

Time for me to trick out a Loki with maxed Thief's Wit and elemental resist mods and pretend to be a pro then.

Conclave also doesn't add all your mod values properly. In my tests only serration and barrel diffusion ad to Your weapons damage rating, but elemental mods are ignored, which makes no sense to me, as they contribute significantly to the actual damage. The whole system of calculation the conclave score is broken in the first place.

Also, I think mastery rank is a fairer way to define player skill for PvE matchmaking. At least you know higher eanka have put the time in.

Time for me to trick out a Loki with maxed Thief's Wit and elemental resist mods and pretend to be a pro then.

See, that's a problem with how the Conclave rating is designed, not the rating itself. If they appropriated it so that mods such as Streamline or Flow or Redirection are worth more than things like Thieves Wit, then it could be a very solid rating system.

While you CAN spoof your Conclave rather easily, it seems to me that the type of players that would do that are inherently bad players anyway if they're trying to create an artificial representation of themselves. When not spoofed, Conclave can be a decently accurate rating of how powerful of mods the player is using.

See, that's a problem with how the Conclave rating is designed, not the rating itself. If they appropriated it so that mods such as Streamline or Flow or Redirection are worth more than things like Thieves Wit, then it could be a very solid rating system.

While you CAN spoof your Conclave rather easily, it seems to me that the type of players that would do that are inherently bad players anyway if they're trying to create an artificial representation of themselves. When not spoofed, Conclave can be a decently accurate rating of how powerful of mods the player is using.

Yet there are people like me with builds that are probably in what should be the 1500+ conclaves yet it shows up a mere 575.

Edited by Jefftiffy

Whether its your intent or not, this comes across simply as "you dont have x and y, so go away".  This is not the elitist attitude we want to foster, given short of highstage defence/survival its fairly easy to win with a cohesive group.

In all fairness too, lots of the mission I go on people with a good 300+ higher conclave rating than myself go down allot too, usualy because they run off from the rest of the group and think they can take more than they can, so its not isolated to low end players. 

Premade groups is what you go for if your picky about the people you play with, conclave rating cant tell you a good player from a bad one.  A good player with sub par weapons and mods is still better than a bad player with high end weapons and mods.

Also end of mission stats are quite simply broken and thusly cant be relied upon.  I've been in matches where players get 3-4 times the kills of others but still do less than 10% of the total damage.

Edited by Loswaith

Yet there are people like me with builds that are probably in what should be the 1500+ conclaves yet it shows up a mere 575.

No. With a fresh rank 0 primary, secondary, melee and pet I had more conclave than that.

The conclave rating fails at PVE rating, but its not quite that bad.

And to all the people saying Mastery Rank is better, you're displaying the same "elitist" attitude as conclave rating. I'm rank 12 and drink way too much late at night. By the end of the night you'd prolly be better off with a rank 3 player than me.

And to the people who wanna faceplant, shouldn't you be thankful they just advertised the fact that they're an elitist jerk? This way you don't have to play with an elitist jerk. I would think you'd appreciate that.

Personally, I'd be happy if it just showed the rank and potato status of each weapon in the party frame. Would be nice to know if everyone in your group is using low leveled unpotatoed gear in your T3 defense.

Edited by Inez

A Nova not looking at the screen or pressing buttons, maybe.

Myth busted.

Lol a Loki with the right build is the best Warframe to have in T3 voids. I have a paris with a 2000 damage average and dual ethers that hit 200 each hit while able to stun lock. Kunai can do 1.2k in short bursts. Plus combine with disarm and my Loki can easily outperform a Nova in non-defense missions. Also, I have a shade focused on camoing me and regening my shields.

This build gets me a 575 conclave rating and it can do better than the 1500+ builds I have seen.

I'd like to see a Nova solo 30 enemies and not die when they are all level 75+.

Edited by Jefftiffy

Lol a Loki with the right build is the best Warframe to have in T3 voids. I have a paris with a 2000 damage average and dual ethers that hit 200 each hit while able to stun lock. Kunai can do 1.2k in short bursts. Plus combine with disarm and my Loki can easily outperform a Nova in non-defense missions. Also, I have a shade focused on camoing me and regening my shields.

This build gets me a 575 conclave rating and it can do better than the 1500+ builds I have seen.

I'd like to see a Nova solo 30 enemies and not die when they are all level 75+.

I leveled my Nova soloing T3 void.

Myth busted.

Last i checked, warframe is still a co-op, PVE game. I have met a lot of people from all over the world, even made friends & had some awesome gaming session with them. Why should i limit my gaming experience base on some numbers that's meant for pvp?

Last i checked, warframe is still a co-op, PVE game. I have met a lot of people from all over the world, even made friends & had some awesome gaming session with them. Why should i limit my gaming experience base on some numbers that's meant for pvp?

Because it has use in PvE. And I know that rolling with 300 lvl on Pluto gets either you alone or both of you killed. So, instead of ruining my playing experience in the name of your fun|frustration from dying, I can choose something better. Sure, this 900 lvl may be not to bright, but he sure able to get things right.

Funny thing is it IS a co-op pve game, and yet alot of people these days seemingly treat it as a competitive game, using conclaive to reinforce that.

Moreso then before conclaive came out.