Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disable Parts of the Spore Ephemera?

Vulharr

Hey there, so I just picked up the Spore Ephemera and I'm absolutely in love with how it looks... except for the actual spores at your warframe's feet. I'd give my left kidney for the option to disable the spores part and keep the rest of the energy effects, or at least tone down how big the spores are. Hasty visual:

ZxF6qTX.png

I'm not sure how difficult this would be, or even possible at all, but maybe something to consider? Or Maybe make a separate Ephemera without the spore effects? Anyway, thanks for reading!

57 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I think you are looking for the smoking body ephemera from Stalker. Why would anyone want to disable the most interesting part of this one?

There is an effect showing infested textures under your feet, a glow, and some sparks on your body.

4v6nnlT.png

Not sure why this ephemera has all these effects... but I agree that the spores are kinda big and weird. They look especially weird when you go into your profile. Reducing their size wouldn't be bad.

Edited by zioxei

2 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I think you are looking for the smoking body ephemera from Stalker. Why would anyone want to disable the most interesting part of this one?

Because (imo) they aren’t good looking in the slightest. Low-poly static models that just grow and fade away in an off-putting manner.

Though rather then disabling them, I’d love for them to be made more appealing visually instead.

44 minutes ago, FrostPrime said:

Because (imo) they aren’t good looking in the slightest. Low-poly static models that just grow and fade away in an off-putting manner.

Though rather then disabling them, I’d love for them to be made more appealing visually instead.

again, farm Stalker for the smoking body ephemera. You are asking for something that already exists.

Also, My name isn't Margaret, Karen!

Edited by SpicyDinosaur

1 hour ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

again, farm Stalker for the smoking body ephemera. You are asking for something that already exists.

Already exists? Hmm.

Smoking Body Ephemera offers:

• Wispy smoke effect. Can be seen when moving. 

Spore Ephemera offers:

• Wispy black distortion particle effect. Can be seen while moving. 
  • Swirling light dot particle effect. Can be seen while moving. 
  • Flowing energy outline effect on Warframe. Can be seen while moving. 
  • Ominous under-glow/goo effect below the Warframe’s feet. Can be seen while moving. 
  • Lightning/stream effect striking the ground at various angles. Can’t be see while moving.
  • Growing infested spore effect that spawns at the Warframe’s feet and fades away quickly. Can’t be seen while moving. 

If Smoking Body offered even a third of the visual fx that Spore does then I’d agree that those looking for a “spore-less” ephemera replacement should seek it out instead. But that is obviously not the case, and if we take the “spore effects” out of the equation then the two ephemeras still achieve distinctly different appearances.

And like I said, I’m not exactly in favor of removing the spores from the Spore Ephemera. I just feel the current implementation is jarring and ugly. Using Smoking Body instead does nothing to address my concerns.

Edited by FrostPrime