Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Give Up, Some Does More Ap Dps Than Even Flux

Patzer

Thank you so much for this info!  I've always wanted to understand the numbers behind these weapons and their effects on armor at end game.  And now I can balance the other pro's and cons (ie stagger vs. range) and make the best decision for myself!

Your math has really straightened everything out for me.  (I apologize if my simpelton tone comes off as sarcastic or patronizing.  I am sincerely grateful for this info and annoyed with the "you've wasted your time everything is going to change" or "you can get 100% headshots with flux, put that in your spreadsheet!" feedback you've been getting).

When armor 2.0 comes out, I hope that you delve into the math again!

So many people don't even understand what the OP is saying -_-

Yes, the soma is objectively the best rifle in the game and it does bullet damage, DE also seems to be fine with this.

unfortunately, some people seem that they will always be subjectively glued to the DPS statistic thinking it is applicable in all situations. 

once again, DPS statistics say that Sniper Rifles or most shotguns are totally useless. in real world situations, is this the case?

well, Sniper Rifles/Marksman rifles and Shotguns are actually more popular as weapons of war than a 'DPS gun' is. granted, that's because real flesh doesn't have a health bar, but it's still somewhat applicable. 

at any rate, while a spammy gun might have higher DPS, in actual use the lower damage per shot and quick inefficient consumption of ammo - among other factors - are also part of the equation in balance. 

just as Dual Vipers have the highest DPS of all weapons in the game, but many other factors that go into actual damage output like resistances, location multipliers, Crits, Accuracy, and ammunition, totally change the scope of those numbers.

does this necessarily make Soma a perfect balance compared to the other guns in the game as the game currently stands? probably not. but if it's 'OP', it's not quite as much as one might suggest, just like Dual Vipers have super high potential DPS, but never really achieve it. 

what does mean CH / CD / HS ??

Critical Hit = Point Strike

Critical Damage = Vital Sense

Hammer Shot

unfortunately, some people seem that they will always be subjectively glued to the DPS statistic thinking it is applicable in all situations. 

once again, DPS statistics say that Sniper Rifles or most shotguns are totally useless. in real world situations, is this the case?

well, Sniper Rifles/Marksman rifles and Shotguns are actually more popular as weapons of war than a 'DPS gun' is. granted, that's because real flesh doesn't have a health bar, but it's still somewhat applicable. 

at any rate, while a spammy gun might have higher DPS, in actual use the lower damage per shot and quick inefficient consumption of ammo - among other factors - are also part of the equation in balance. 

just as Dual Vipers have the highest DPS of all weapons in the game, but many other factors that go into actual damage output like resistances, location multipliers, Crits, Accuracy, and ammunition, totally change the scope of those numbers.

does this necessarily make Soma a perfect balance compared to the other guns in the game as the game currently stands? probably not. but if it's 'OP', it's not quite as much as one might suggest, just like Dual Vipers have super high potential DPS, but never really achieve it. 

Twin Vipers doesn't have highest DPS in game. And comparing real life war to space ninjas in space video game? really? Anything to prove me wrong atleast on some degree I guess. x)

Thank you so much for this info!  I've always wanted to understand the numbers behind these weapons and their effects on armor at end game.  And now I can balance the other pro's and cons (ie stagger vs. range) and make the best decision for myself!

Your math has really straightened everything out for me.  (I apologize if my simpelton tone comes off as sarcastic or patronizing.  I am sincerely grateful for this info and annoyed with the "you've wasted your time everything is going to change" or "you can get 100% headshots with flux, put that in your spreadsheet!" feedback you've been getting).

When armor 2.0 comes out, I hope that you delve into the math again!

Yeah np. It is indeed kind of sad that people response claims that I have never made. Like Soma is best weapon in game? Nope, it has this DPS, no more no less. Basically from my point of view I brought tool to people to use it how they like.

Edited by Patzer

what about SERRATED BLADE DAMAGE versus crappy bullet damage ?

who cares about AP elemental damage 

get 2 level 200 grineer heavy gunners

target non weakspot maxed soma on one

target non weakspot with maxed flux the other

which one dies faster ?

exactly 

do same test with sonar on weakspot

which one dies faster ?

exactly

charts are for noobs

exactly 

class dismissed

which one dies faster ?

exactly 

which one dies faster ?

exactly

charts are for noobs

exactly 

class dismissed

*yawn* Grineers take same damage from AP elemental and Serrated Blade. Although I think you just came here to troll.

which one dies faster ?

exactly 

which one dies faster ?

exactly

charts are for noobs

exactly 

class dismissed

Again u havent read post and you are wrong, against 0 armor soma will do 3x more dps than flux, against lvl200 or even 99999999999999999 soma will still beat flux in dps. If you add sonar roar, mprime or whatever else you might want to soma will still do proportionaly higher dps.

Again u havent read post and you are wrong, against 0 armor soma will do 3x more dps than flux, against lvl200 or even 99999999999999999 soma will still beat flux in dps. If you add sonar roar, mprime or whatever else you might want to soma will still do proportionaly higher dps.

Nah the calculations are iffy at best.

But Soma will not win out against light infest vs the flux.

Chopping light infested with my 25m sword is still what it does best.

Yes, true. I calculated it for luls too. these are DPS values vs. light infested which has hyphothetical infinite armor...:

Soma: 1541 dps

Flux: 3053 dps

which one dies faster ?

exactly 

which one dies faster ?

exactly

charts are for noobs

exactly 

class dismissed

You didn't read anything in this thread.

You didn't bother to use Soma.

You couldn't be bothered to do five seconds of mental math.

Your post is the most incorrect, arrogant, and hypocritical thing I've seen all week.

How do I add people to ignore on the forums?

The general calculations are fine, no one ever said Soma would do more vs. light infested.

It will do more vs. everything else.

Got some pretty high numbers there and you forgot some commas.

I  for one have never seen any of my weapons do more than 1k damage. Dunno how you're getting over 50k.

It's called damage per second over X amount of time (not that X even matters). If you read the tables more, the 1k damage is actually valid.

i don't understand half of the meaning of whats on that chart....whats CH stand for? CD? CD + CH, MULTI CRIT? what does that mean? and thats not all either...ugh!

also what is average damage based on? is it an entire clip? or what >.>

Edited by Reaver_X